Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Clingan sent to Coventry!

COVENTRY CITY are weighing up a £1 swoop for Norwich City''s Sammy Clingan, according to reports.I Hope not! [:D]Should hold out for £1.50 to be honest.

well if we get a million for him it will be a great price!

to be honest id ket him go!

[quote user="Mr Yellow"]

well if we get a million for him it will be a great price!

to be honest id ket him go!

[/quote]

i wouldn''t we thought £7.5 mill for ashton was good but we never seen a penney of it

sell him for a mill thats a few new rooms in the hotel and maybe a loan player

[quote user="Buckethead"]Bet he doesn''t leave ''til shortly after rebate deadline day has expired.
[/quote]

What a cynical Buckethead you have become[:D]

The problem is you are probably right as well!

Also, I cannot understand any shock or suprise that comes with news like this. I think that Marshall, Croft, Clingan and Hoolahan are all too good for League One. Two have left, another is on his way, and I wouldnt be shocked to see Hoolahan leave if Clingan does, like a domino effect.I think people have been insulating themselves against the reality of our relegation, and when we are left with utter dross turning out for us, then it will truly hit home.All this talk from the "happy clappers" / I-don''t-care-what-league-we''re-in brigade will fall apart as they realise that their enjoyment of their day out is directly related to the quality of football on offer. A few months of agricultural garbage and they''ll painfully realise it really does matter what league we''re in.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]
All this talk from the "happy clappers" / I-don''t-care-what-league-we''re-in brigade will fall apart as they realise that their enjoyment of their day out is directly related to the quality of football on offer. A few months of agricultural garbage and they''ll painfully realise it really does matter what league we''re in.
[/quote]

These ''supporters'' are just as guilty as Smith.

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]I''d hate to see Clingan leave, but £1m could buy us three or four players who should excel at this level.[/quote]

Maybe it would in your little world, but this is City, Uncle Fester won''t see a penny of it.

thought you lot said he was prem bound?

coventry don''t tend to splash money to much, can see it being more 600-800k

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"]I''d hate to see Clingan leave, but £1m could buy us three or four players who should excel at this level.[/quote]

Maybe it would in your little world, but this is City, Uncle Fester won''t see a penny of it.

[/quote]

From the man watching Jeremy Kyle this morning... I''d say your world is smaller than mine. [:|]

I can''t imagine any fan is happy to be in League one.

Personally I am devastated.

As for Sammy. I think he was one of those that was always going to leave. We should hold out for the best price possible. 1.5 million would be about right. However, I would accept one million if all the money goes to the transfer budget.

In the long run it would be a mistake to hold onto players that are too good. It''s better to take the money and rebuild with young and hungry players. If we convince Sammy to stay for a year and we don''t win promotion it will ruin team spirit and he would leave for less.

Sell him now and get the best price. But please let that be the end of the exodus.

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

From the man watching Jeremy Kyle this morning... I''d say your world is smaller than mine. [:|]

[/quote]

I never watch Kyle, ever, but I''m aware of his lie detector tests..............next![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never watch Kyle, ever, but I''m aware of his lie detector tests..............next![:|]

[/quote]

You started a thread about Jeremy Kyle at 10am.... isn''t that the exact time the show finishes? [^o)]

Fibber.

[quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Dion Dublin Legend"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You started a thread about Jeremy Kyle at 10am.... isn''t that the exact time the show finishes? [^o)]

Fibber.

[/quote]

Is it?............you tell me?[:S]

Clingan could do much better than Coventry. I would like to hold out for 1.5 million in honesty, I reckon we could get that for him.

[quote user="CT "]I HEAR that Jeremy Vile finishes at 10:25...[/quote]Jeremy KYLE. And he''s freakin awesome [L]

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Buckethead"]Bet he doesn''t leave ''til shortly after rebate deadline day has expired.
[/quote]

Yes, funny that, isn''t it?
[/quote]

Yeah, another conspiracy. Give me strength.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]
All this talk from the "happy clappers" / I-don''t-care-what-league-we''re-in brigade will fall apart as they realise that their enjoyment of their day out is directly related to the quality of football on offer. A few months of agricultural garbage and they''ll painfully realise it really does matter what league we''re in.
[/quote]

These ''supporters'' are just as guilty as Smith.

[/quote]

Wiz plays first violin in Smudge''s orchestra.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CT "]I HEAR that Jeremy Vile finishes at 10:25...[/quote]Jeremy KYLE. And he''s freakin awesome [L][/quote]

nope CT was right the first time...

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]when we are left with utter dross turning out for us, then it will truly hit home.[/quote]more of the same then?