Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

EEN calls for backing!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

This Michael '' Fairy Godmother '' Foulger thing must have Archant dancing in delight........

They''re hardly likely to be against the plan. The extra money thety generate from this, might, just might, make a difference and Archant need to keep the football club sweet to fill their sports pages. If does all go t*ts up and City slide further into the mire they can still claim they backed the club all the way and didn''t try to undermine their efforts. It''s a win/win situation.

[/quote]You need a tinfoil hat.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Cannycanary"]

The problem is simple, 18000 season ticket sales do not generate enough revenue for a modern day football club, the team and facilities have to be subsidised by Advertising, sponsorship TV and sales. We all know the effects on these during an economic downturn so where does the extra come from?

ANY WILLING BILLIONIARE WISHING TO WASTE A FEW MILLION PLEASE PRESENT YOURSELF!!!

Supporters have to get real, they do nothing and they will suffer....Simple !!!!!

Supporters keep expecting directors to be charitable, yet on this board so called supporters will not give the dribbling of there noses without wanting something in return.

If you want to see this clubs demise just sit back and do NOTHING.... Moaning about it will get you NOTHING...Asking for Delia''s head will get you LESS.

Norwich City Football club needs its fans, the fans are key to the future of this club. How far down the supporters allow this club to go before taking action depends on them.

Norwich City football club are not alone in this and other clubs have also been looking for wealthy people to take control.

I said 14 months ago supporters needed to pull together and use their support to generate funds but alas most on here know better, don''t they?

[/quote]

So after almost 13 years of obsessive control, poor decision making and sheer belligerence when confronted with any degree of criticism, we are just meant to sit back and accept this remorseless slide to oblivion are we??

I couldnt give a damn about .....''the money'' - what I want is for The Cook to finally hold her hands up and resign from the Board and let others take over the day to day running and strategic decision making. Her shares?  She can do what she likes with them.  

[/quote]

The problem with your argument is that firstly, i never suggested we just sit back and accept anything. Secondly some of us do give a damn about the club and 2 years ago no one had a problem with Delia Smith. New blood is entering the board room and even if she wanted to give her shares away there is no single person in their right mind in an economic downturn who needs the burden of paying for a football team.

Today, season ticket holders were offered an opportunity to strengthen the squad for next season and no doubt many supporters will gladly take up this offer.

Supporters may not like it but the fact is if they want things to change they need to do something constructive to help..

Canny

Have to agree with Yellow Rider, this isn''t just two years of decline is it. Two years ago plenty of people were saying that the board were going in the wrong direction with their decision making and policies. The past two seasons we have constantly been under the threat of relegation, suffered decimation of the squad, continued to sell high and buy in cheap (then aspiring to not buying much at all, but loaning in). Under Roeder this was hailed as the new way forwards.

Under Delia (for 13 years) we have accumulated massive debt, replaced player after player with inferior quality, prepared inadequately for each season by not doing business until too late (therefore missing out on targets) and used what money we had more on the infrastructure of the ground than on the team.

At the same time the board itself has reduced in size and now has only 3 people on it (though Munby stays on to enable them to work and make decisions), none of them with the required skills to move this club forwards.

New blood is entering the boardroom? We will see. As for Delia disposing of her shares, of course times are tough right now, but what about the year we were promoted. Was she touting for business then? Inviting investment while we were in the Premiership? Funny how other clubs seem to attract investment and we simply can''t isn''t it?

Yesterday season ticket holders were given a statement which plays on their conscience. Please help us to buy more players! Don''t take your money away. (Money they have had sitting there since March and earning interest on, even if some of it is returned by the way). They still have 80%/90% of our money, even if we do claim the rebate back.

Some of us give a damn about the club, I suspect that''s ALL of us, Canny, we just think the club should do things differently, that''s all. For 13 years Delia has been in control and we have been suffering for it. 20+m in debt and now in the 3rd division, so no confidence I am afraid in the present board of directors getting us out of this mess, not for me anyway. Look at their track record. We need new blood, yes, but NOT just on Delia''s terms. We need new people who can contribute in a positive way to NCFC, not just those who agree with Delia.

As for doing something constructive to help, well if you think letting them have your rebate will miraculously make things better, go ahead. And as you are patting yourself on the back for being generous, ask yourself what will they do with that rebate (the money they have already decided they would return after all - for the past two seasons), will they give ALL of it to the manager? In other words do you really trust them to carry out your wishes?

If you do, well that''s your choice. For some of us though, we will continue to question the board''s lack of judgment, skills and ways of communication with its supporters. Where we are is simply not acceptable and therefore those claiming their rebates are using this issue to say to the club, we are not happy with the way the club is being run and have no confidence whatsoever in what you are doing.

Its all down to trust. Do you trust the board to spend our rebate on players or pots & pans ??????

I''m taking the money, the board lost what ever trust I had in them years ago.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

If it''s just about the shortfall of money why don''t the Board agree to convert the equivalent amount of their own shares into Supporters Trust-owned ones on top of Foulger''s offer. That way the loyal fans will gain, albeit a small amount, of future representaion in return for filling up the begging bowl once again with their returned rebates.

Incidentally, Michael Foulger looks a little like Robert Chase don''t you think?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Canny Have to agree with Yellow Rider, this isn''t just two years of decline is it. Two years ago plenty of people were saying that the board were going in the wrong direction with their decision making and policies. The past two seasons we have constantly been under the threat of relegation, suffered decimation of the squad, continued to sell high and buy in cheap (then aspiring to not buying much at all, but loaning in). Under Roeder this was hailed as the new way forwards. Under Delia (for 13 years) we have accumulated massive debt, replaced player after player with inferior quality, prepared inadequately for each season by not doing business until too late (therefore missing out on targets) and used what money we had more on the infrastructure of the ground than on the team. At the same time the board itself has reduced in size and now has only 3 people on it (though Munby stays on to enable them to work and make decisions), none of them with the required skills to move this club forwards. New blood is entering the boardroom? We will see. As for Delia disposing of her shares, of course times are tough right now, but what about the year we were promoted. Was she touting for business then? Inviting investment while we were in the Premiership? Funny how other clubs seem to attract investment and we simply can''t isn''t it? Yesterday season ticket holders were given a statement which plays on their conscience. Please help us to buy more players! Don''t take your money away. (Money they have had sitting there since March and earning interest on, even if some of it is returned by the way). They still have 80%/90% of our money, even if we do claim the rebate back. Some of us give a damn about the club, I suspect that''s ALL of us, Canny, we just think the club should do things differently, that''s all. For 13 years Delia has been in control and we have been suffering for it. 20+m in debt and now in the 3rd division, so no confidence I am afraid in the present board of directors getting us out of this mess, not for me anyway. Look at their track record. We need new blood, yes, but NOT just on Delia''s terms. We need new people who can contribute in a positive way to NCFC, not just those who agree with Delia. As for doing something constructive to help, well if you think letting them have your rebate will miraculously make things better, go ahead. And as you are patting yourself on the back for being generous, ask yourself what will they do with that rebate (the money they have already decided they would return after all - for the past two seasons), will they give ALL of it to the manager? In other words do you really trust them to carry out your wishes? If you do, well that''s your choice. For some of us though, we will continue to question the board''s lack of judgment, skills and ways of communication with its supporters. Where we are is simply not acceptable and therefore those claiming their rebates are using this issue to say to the club, we are not happy with the way the club is being run and have no confidence whatsoever in what you are doing.[/quote]

Superb post Gazza [*]

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

The problem with your argument is that firstly, i never suggested we just sit back and accept anything. Secondly some of us do give a damn about the club and 2 years ago no one had a problem with Delia Smith. New blood is entering the board room and even if she wanted to give her shares away there is no single person in their right mind in an economic downturn who needs the burden of paying for a football team.

Today, season ticket holders were offered an opportunity to strengthen the squad for next season and no doubt many supporters will gladly take up this offer.

Supporters may not like it but the fact is if they want things to change they need to do something constructive to help..

[/quote]

I think we all give a damn about our club Steve but for me enough is enough, I simply don''t trust them to spend my £80 effectively and laos me withholding mine is my own little protest at the shambles they''ve made of running our club.

Nice to see you''re still running the kitty website, I have used your google tool to help you in the past although not recently as I assumed as we hadn''t heard anything or had any updates for ages that your kitty had died. How much have you raised in the past 12 months?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Canny Have to agree with Yellow Rider, this isn''t just two years of decline is it. Two years ago plenty of people were saying that the board were going in the wrong direction with their decision making and policies. The past two seasons we have constantly been under the threat of relegation, suffered decimation of the squad, continued to sell high and buy in cheap (then aspiring to not buying much at all, but loaning in). Under Roeder this was hailed as the new way forwards. Under Delia (for 13 years) we have accumulated massive debt, replaced player after player with inferior quality, prepared inadequately for each season by not doing business until too late (therefore missing out on targets) and used what money we had more on the infrastructure of the ground than on the team. At the same time the board itself has reduced in size and now has only 3 people on it (though Munby stays on to enable them to work and make decisions), none of them with the required skills to move this club forwards. New blood is entering the boardroom? We will see. As for Delia disposing of her shares, of course times are tough right now, but what about the year we were promoted. Was she touting for business then? Inviting investment while we were in the Premiership? Funny how other clubs seem to attract investment and we simply can''t isn''t it? Yesterday season ticket holders were given a statement which plays on their conscience. Please help us to buy more players! Don''t take your money away. (Money they have had sitting there since March and earning interest on, even if some of it is returned by the way). They still have 80%/90% of our money, even if we do claim the rebate back. Some of us give a damn about the club, I suspect that''s ALL of us, Canny, we just think the club should do things differently, that''s all. For 13 years Delia has been in control and we have been suffering for it. 20+m in debt and now in the 3rd division, so no confidence I am afraid in the present board of directors getting us out of this mess, not for me anyway. Look at their track record. We need new blood, yes, but NOT just on Delia''s terms. We need new people who can contribute in a positive way to NCFC, not just those who agree with Delia. As for doing something constructive to help, well if you think letting them have your rebate will miraculously make things better, go ahead. And as you are patting yourself on the back for being generous, ask yourself what will they do with that rebate (the money they have already decided they would return after all - for the past two seasons), will they give ALL of it to the manager? In other words do you really trust them to carry out your wishes? If you do, well that''s your choice. For some of us though, we will continue to question the board''s lack of judgment, skills and ways of communication with its supporters. Where we are is simply not acceptable and therefore those claiming their rebates are using this issue to say to the club, we are not happy with the way the club is being run and have no confidence whatsoever in what you are doing.[/quote]

post of the year thus far imo.. good stuff Gazza!

i agree with what you say about the rebate, if i believed and trusted the board they would be welcome to keep my money.. i dont though... i dont believe Gunny will get all the cash, i think the rug will be pulled from under him so to speak, i also don''t think 100% of the money would be used for wages / transfer fees etc with a huge debt thats escalating to maintain...

the board probably already have their story as to why the rebate money didn''t go on players already written to spin out in september when the window closes....

jas :)

Sod the EDP and sod the Board.Patronising story, and a despicable piece of emotional blackmail by the club.The club has been on a downward spiral for years, purely and simply because of institutionally poor, easy, cheap, safe option decision making.I am taking my rebate, and if that puches the club into administration, well so be it, I am sick to death of the lot of them and they can all f*ck off.

Gazza i know this board has made mistakes but none of us can honestly say Delia hasn''t had the right intentions. She is also a loyal supporter just like the rest of us, if she wasn''t i would definitely be in the board out camp.

Supporters need to know that they are the answer to turning this club around. The offer made shows an example of this.

They need to show what they can do for the good of the club.. and get in a habit of doing it..If this was done then the need for a wealthy backer would decline or the club would seem a better proposition to any wealthy person looking to get into football.

Fact is the club is likely to get more help if it helps itself.. Nothing good ever comes from blame or negativity, Supporters have the power to change the clubs fortunes. They also have the power to generate regular revenues if they work together.

[quote user="ACE"]Sod the EDP and sod the Board.Patronising story, and a despicable piece of emotional blackmail by the club.The club has been on a downward spiral for years, purely and simply because of institutionally poor, easy, cheap, safe option decision making.I am taking my rebate, and if that puches the club into administration, well so be it, I am sick to death of the lot of them and they can all f*ck off.[/quote]You can get tablets for this you know.

Hi City Angel.

It''s what has been going on behind the scenes. What is coming is much bigger and better than the original concept.

I have been very busy gathering more opportunities, contacts and building the data and information require.

The Kitty was all about raising money to strengthen the team and people on here used to say the club wouldn''t agree to us insisting it was to be spent there.

With the offer made Yesterday we can see clearly that the club will use funds generated by supporters with the sole purpose if player acquisitions. 

Gazza i know this board has made mistakes but none of us can honestly say Delia hasn''t had the right intentions. She is also a loyal supporter just like the rest of us, if she wasn''t i would definitely be in the board out camp.

Supporters need to know that they are the answer to turning this club around. The offer made shows an example of this.

They need to show what they can do for the good of the club.. and get in a habit of doing it..If this was done then the need for a wealthy backer would decline or the club would seem a better proposition to any wealthy person looking to get into football.

Fact is the club is likely to get more help if it helps itself.. Nothing good ever comes from blame or negativity, Supporters have the power to change the clubs fortunes. They also have the power to generate regular revenues if they work together.

[/quote]

The road to hell is paved with "good intentions"

Seemingly so is the road to the Blue Square league.

If you still think that you can insist on how the money is spent, I would suggest putting as many of your teeth under your pillow as you can spare!

hmm care to elaborate Michael?

What happened to the answers from the open letter to the board - were you ignored.

How can we be expected to get behind the current board given their history of stupidity and at best half truths

Been think about this rebate thing, just imagine for one moment we had been promoted to the Premiership, what odds would you have given on the club writing to all those that renewed their ST along the lines off "we know we said that the ST prices would go up if we got promoted, but if you do not want to pay the addional cost you do not have to"?.......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Been think about this rebate thing, just imagine for one moment we had been promoted to the Premiership, what odds would you have given on the club writing to all those that renewed their ST along the lines off "we know we said that the ST prices would go up if we got promoted, but if you do not want to pay the addional cost you do not have to"?.......[/quote]

Yeah let''s just imagine that and then have a good moanl. I know, why not spend every day imagining reasons for having a good moan at Delia Smith and the Board. Oh, sorry ! You and your fellow MB''s (that''s moaning b_stards of course) already do that, don''t you.

Hi City Angel,

There is loads going on behind the scenes at the Kitty, we have been working on lots of aspects that will make the site a major force online. The site is steadily strengthening and ageing which is important to what we have in store.

[/quote]

So how much has the Kitty raised in the last year for the club? Would be nice to know espeically for those people who use your google to help you.

[/quote]

oh is she now???

She is and always will be a Suffolk Scum Blue and their fans are laughing their socks off at how one of their own is destroying NCFC.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]How much are Archant putting into the pot ?[/quote]

lol... nothing I expect, but they will be receiving a few prawn sandwich''s again next year as they sit and wait for the Donkey to give us another wonderful interview.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Steady on with the compliments Al, I might start to think you fancy me [:$]

[/quote]

Well, you do have a very impressive helmet.

[quote user="Al Guido"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Been think about this rebate thing, just imagine for one moment we had been promoted to the Premiership, what odds would you have given on the club writing to all those that renewed their ST along the lines off "we know we said that the ST prices would go up if we got promoted, but if you do not want to pay the addional cost you do not have to"?.......[/quote]

Yeah let''s just imagine that and then have a good moanl. I know, why not spend every day imagining reasons for having a good moan at Delia Smith and the Board. Oh, sorry ! You and your fellow MB''s (that''s moaning b_stards of course) already do that, don''t you.

[/quote]

Yes, moaning is actually quite good fun.....I can also see that you also enjoy doing it.[Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

lol... nothing I expect, but they will be receiving a few prawn sandwich''s again next year as they sit and wait for the Donkey to give us another wonderful interview.

[/quote]

So how many boxes in the River End do Archant staff take up?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

So how many boxes in the River End do Archant staff take up?
[/quote]

I don''t know... but would they care to take an extra couple of boxes for 3rd tier football in an economic downturn?

If not then maybe they should apologise for what they wrote yesterday???

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Steady on with the compliments Al, I might start to think you fancy me [:$]

[/quote]

Well, you do have a very impressive helmet.
[/quote]

Get a room you two. [:$]

Well after reading this very long thread and trying to find the right words so as not to hurt anyons feelings. I will say that the club can have my 20% for the very reason, me being a loyal Canary and not rellishing the fact we will be stuck in this league longer than we all can bare, and Also thinking I don''t want us to Follow the same rout as Southampton,

If anyone wants to start throwing stones then go ahead, I love my club but I don''t love or trust the Board, But we are stuck with them untill we find that mr billionair, Anyone on here know one at all.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Well after reading this very long thread and trying to find the right words so as not to hurt anyons feelings. I will say that the club can have my 20% for the very reason, me being a loyal Canary and not rellishing the fact we will be stuck in this league longer than we all can bare, and Also thinking I don''t want us to Follow the same rout as Southampton, If anyone wants to start throwing stones then go ahead, I love my club but I don''t love or trust the Board, But we are stuck with them untill we find that mr billionair, Anyone on here know one at all.[/quote]

Thats your decision to make Pete, lets hope they use your money wisely so as not to let you down.

I would be more tempted to let them have it if I could trust them to use it well and that''s the problem. I have no confidence in the management team or, more importantly, the board to do that so the money goes towards a holiday with my mates next year instead.