Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

EEN calls for backing!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

"Today the Evening News urges season ticket holders to do what they can to make this financial sacrifice for the club."

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=NewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=NewsSplash&itemid=NOED28%20May%202009%2009%3A54%3A28%3A907

In direct contrast to NCISA''s stance.

Who is right?

[/quote]Ooh !  Ooh !  Is it David Cameron ?  No, sorry, what was I thinking...

Its a tough call, damned if you do and damned if you dont.

I dont trust this board with money, but I certainly dont trust them without it. For that reason I am backing Archant.

it will be hated on here this article but i think they''re right... people need to try and be just a little bit positive...

[quote user="Smudger"]There''s only one Richard Balls!!![/quote]

Yourve had two posts on this thread deleted already, get the message.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

So freedom of speech is dead in Norfolk then?

I thought our local press were supposed to publish and support what the fans of NCFC think?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

I thought our local press were supposed to publish and support what the fans of NCFC think?

[/quote]

No, freedom of speech is alive and well, but so is libel.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]So we''ve all got to put more money into a club that is run by incompetents. Marvellous[/quote]

Ssssh we are not allowed to post what we really think on this thread... [:$]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, freedom of speech is alive and well, but so is libel.

[/quote]

So libel me then.

Everything I have said is true... you are just being a little jobsworth because you don''t have Ballsy''s balls?

I will hush my tongue now.

Older posters on here (like myself) will remember 1957 and the blankets being taken round the ground. The club avoided going out of business then thanks to the fans and for several years after, the supporters club raised money on a regular basis to help buy players.

NCFC probably only exists today because of those fans (your dads and grandads) and it will be todays fans that bring our club back from the abyss that is Div3.

The whole thing looks like one massive charity appeal.  Makes me sick when you think how much money of ours has been thrown away and wasted.

Don''t fall for it everybody.  Stick to what you''ve already paid.  Or give it to a worthier cause.

This Michael '' Fairy Godmother '' Foulger thing must have Archant dancing in delight........

They''re hardly likely to be against the plan. The extra money thety generate from this, might, just might, make a difference and Archant need to keep the football club sweet to fill their sports pages. If does all go t*ts up and City slide further into the mire they can still claim they backed the club all the way and didn''t try to undermine their efforts. It''s a win/win situation.

Sadly none of this is going to persuade me to give up my rebate. I acknowledge Mr Foulger''s no doubt sincere motives but I can''t wondering whether he would have coughed up a similar sized dollop of cash anyway. The re-appointment by the Club of Bryan Gunn is a big disappointment to me and shows a lack of ambition from a directionless Board and until that changes I cannot see how things will improve. It''s simply throwing good money after bad, and, old cynic that I am, how are we to know that this money will truly be spent on the playing budget ? Sure, the accounts will have a figure that matches but a bit of creative accounting can disguise all manner of nasties elsewhere in the books

No doubt others will have a different view but it''ll take more than this for me to tear up my rebate letter.... 

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="lappinitup"]Who is right?[/quote]Sorry, I hadn''t realised this was primary school.
[/quote]It was a simple question. Unfortunately, you seem too simple to answer it!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

No doubt others will have a different view but it''ll take more than this for me to tear up my rebate letter.... 

[/quote]What would it take ?  None of my business, but I just wondered if you have considered what it would take.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Everything I have said is true... you are just being a little jobsworth because you don''t have Ballsy''s balls?

[/quote]

For 5 minutes[:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I agree that Pete should grow some balls, but for one reason pure and simple, and that is to ban you from here. Its long overdue.

Nobody is spared from your obnoxious and arrogant attitude and your personal attacks. If I was senior to Pete at Archant then I would be encouraging him to cleanse the forum of you.

You could of course claim that you are a customer of this forum, as it does drive traffic to an adsense supported main site, but at the same time I bet you drive more traffic away from the forum then you attract.

No fan on here objects to giving money to the club, fans on here object to giving money to a board they disapprove of. If the board had run the club a little bit better over the last few years or at the very least appointed a proper manager this summer they wouldn''t need to beg now. Personally I hope everyone takes their rebate and puts it to one side for use after the wicked witch finally gets turfed out.

Regardless of your view on the merits or otherwise of the rebate it’s yet another cracking piece of writing.

We kick-off (sorry) with “But the path to redemption is illuminated today” – this sounds like a real “Road to Damascus” moment to me, a light flashed from upon high, and a voice told me not to claim my rebate. Thanks be to God and Amen.

Then we have the “Some fans disagreed with the decision to reappoint Bryan Gunn as manager” – technically correct, but I recall that the poll carried out showed a 50/50 split for and against. Personally speaking I know no more than a handful who thought he was a good appointment.

Following on with “If, and hopefully it will be a big if, things go from bad to worse, we can deal with the potential ramifications then”, neglecting to tell us that the ramifications will be that the transfer budget, which was swelled by the season ticket refund money, will have been blown on a bunch of players the new manager doesn’t want and some whopping severance payments for the failed management team.

And then the finale, and this was the one that was really worth waiting for, “We all long to hear the Canaries singing from the top of the Premiership”, - the sort of phrase my eight year old daughter would come up with on a bad day.

A desperately poor piece of writing in a leading article which was intended to sway the “floating voter” supporters back in favour of the giving up the season ticket rebate. Surely Archant could have come up with something better for an issue so important to NCFC?

I wonder will own up to writing it?

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Regardless of your view on the merits or otherwise of the rebate it’s yet another cracking piece of writing.

We kick-off (sorry) with “But the path to redemption is illuminated today” – this sounds like a real “Road to Damascus” moment to me, a light flashed from upon high, and a voice told me not to claim my rebate. Thanks be to God and Amen.

Then we have the “Some fans disagreed with the decision to reappoint Bryan Gunn as manager” – technically correct, but I recall that the poll carried out showed a 50/50 split for and against. Personally speaking I know no more than a handful who thought he was a good appointment.

Following on with “If, and hopefully it will be a big if, things go from bad to worse, we can deal with the potential ramifications then”, neglecting to tell us that the ramifications will be that the transfer budget, which was swelled by the season ticket refund money, will have been blown on a bunch of players the new manager doesn’t want and some whopping severance payments for the failed management team.

And then the finale, and this was the one that was really worth waiting for, “We all long to hear the Canaries singing from the top of the Premiership”, - the sort of phrase my eight year old daughter would come up with on a bad day.

A desperately poor piece of writing in a leading article which was intended to sway the “floating voter” supporters back in favour of the giving up the season ticket rebate. Surely Archant could have come up with something better for an issue so important to NCFC?

I wonder will own up to writing it?

[/quote]

Amen to that Tim.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I agree that Pete should grow some balls, but for one reason pure and simple, and that is to ban you from here. Its long overdue.

Nobody is spared from your obnoxious and arrogant attitude and your personal attacks. If I was senior to Pete at Archant then I would be encouraging him to cleanse the forum of you.

You could of course claim that you are a customer of this forum, as it does drive traffic to an adsense supported main site, but at the same time I bet you drive more traffic away from the forum then you attract.

[/quote]

Not according to Adam Aiken I don''t... and this was when everybody (even some of my allies if I have such a thing today) on it more more or less didn''t have a good word to say about me.

He claimed that I had the exact opposite effect - maybe why I am still here if I am as bad as you make out - which I do not believe I am as I am sure an ever growing number of posters who have now seen the light will agree.  [:P]

[quote user="singing canary"]     in other words the fans have to pay for the major cock ups the board have made[/quote]

That just about sums it up nicely lol

I am still likely to go down the ''I''m claiming my rebate'' route.

Page 2 of the Evening News tonight (Alongside the appeal ''Fans are urged to dig deep to help Canaries''), is an article saying that Delia has a 5 part series called ''40 Years of Delia'' which will be screened when her new book, ''Delia''s Happy Christmas'' is released.

What I want to know is, How much is Delia putting in to put things right for the fans?

Based on the answer to that then I will finally decide if I will claim my money back or not.