Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

A rumour...

Interesting...

Have heard rumours in the channel islands that a offer is being lined up for Norwich city by a wealthy Guernsey business consortium. Apparent problem is the clubs debt, which they would want to re negotiate and transfer to Guernsey offshore banks. That''s all I know, don''t support the club, just what I have heard through my work

Hi, 1st post and all that. I am from Guernsey and a Norwich fan, I do not think this rumour is Southampton based as Southampton are now in the cooling off period with the

Pinnacle (?) group who are fronted by Le Tissier. But I would be very aware if this is true, as i can only see the land being worth any money. There is only one person i know here with any kind of links to the club and he is a property delveloper (and former board member of QPR) who was/is very good friends with Chase, he also claims to know Delia well. I have asked him and he says he has heard nothing and reckons if there was any truth in this he may well of heard....

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Rumours were rife yesterday on online forums related to the Nationwide Championship club

Says it all really...

[/quote]Well at the moment we both still are technically Championship clubs.  Terrible journalism to state that it is still the Nationwide League though!I don''t really understand though Wazzock, is this a serious post?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Rumours were rife yesterday on online forums related to the Nationwide Championship club

Says it all really...

[/quote]

Well at the moment we both still are technically Championship clubs.  Terrible journalism to state that it is still the Nationwide League though!

I don''t really understand though Wazzock, is this a serious post?
[/quote]

I spotted this on the ''Dodgy Transfer Site'', I don''t know if it serious, as I said ''A rumour''

Mmmmm Gurnsey offshore banks? If i''m not mistaken but doesn''t offshore banking in the Channel Islands (as well as many other places) have a terrible reputation?

From the ''dodgy transfer site'' today.

*Ins:
Miguel Angel Llera– MK Dons (Free)
Grant Holt– Shrewsbury (£250K)
Lee Trundle– Bristol City (£120K)
Michael Nelson– Hartlepool (Free)
Darren Huckerby– San Jose Earthquakes (Free, after transfer window)
Andy Marshall– Coventry (Free)
Nathan Tyson
Danny Webber

Outs:
David Marshall– Cardiff (£750K)
Sammy Clingan– Fulham (£2.5M)
Wesley Hoolahan– Crystal Palace (£2M)
Jamie Cureton– Barnsley–
Dejan Stevanovic – San Jose Earthquakes

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Mmmmm Gurnsey offshore banks? If i''m not mistaken but doesn''t offshore banking in the Channel Islands (as well as many other places) have a terrible reputation?[/quote]Only that you can no longer use them for the purpose that everyone was using them for. The IR now have the power to serve disclosure orders on the banks. Its still ok if you never intend to walk the money home, but there is now a £5k limit on cash withdrawals.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Mmmmm Gurnsey offshore banks? If i''m not mistaken but doesn''t offshore banking in the Channel Islands (as well as many other places) have a terrible reputation?[/quote]

Not at all. In fact, the Channel Islands are one of the world''s premier offshore financial services centres, along with Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar and the Isle of Man. They will be less popular with UK tax payers who wish to hide money from Her Manjesty''s Revenue and Customs now, since a case a few years ago which forced the Island''s main (UK based) banks to disclose their UK customer base, but that is how the world is going now. It doesn''t change the status as one of the world''s premier financial services and investment centres,

Thats what the UK Government would like you to belive. Although we are part of the UK we are NOT part of the EU. We have no Vat or any of the crippling UK taxes, no road tax, no MOT... oh and beer and petrol are''nt taxed either! I think our reputation may stem from a bit of jealousy. But as we are self governed, we have''nt bolloxed it up for ouselves....yet

the above post was in reply to :-

Mmmmm Gurnsey offshore banks? If i''m not mistaken but doesn''t offshore banking in the Channel Islands (as well as many other places) have a terrible reputation?

[quote user="Wilson696"]Thats what the UK Government would like you to belive. Although we are part of the UK we are NOT part of the EU. We have no Vat or any of the crippling UK taxes, no road tax, no MOT... oh and beer and petrol are''nt taxed either! I think our reputation may stem from a bit of jealousy. But as we are self governed, we have''nt bolloxed it up for ouselves....yet[/quote]When did they do away with the road tax, and have they done away with you needing to have a dirty plate to hand if you want a pint in the pub on a sunday yet? (Had a couple of deals with hotels and St Sampsons snooker club to get around that little problem).[;)]