Sign in to follow this  
Disturbed

a message to smudger...your a disgrace to this fine city !

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Many thanks Badger and Blah!

[/quote]

Blimey congrats buddy [:D]  Oh and have a wonderful time too [;)]

[/quote]

Certainly plan to, mate!

Thanks a lot [:D]

More tripe from Smudger, suggests that Nutty should get out more when challenged, then back tracks. Now then Smudger is there a groundswell of hatred towards Delia or a few blokes chanting on a bus?

If we have a "pants protest", perhaps you could be "Pants Man"....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

More tripe from Smudger, suggests that Nutty should get out more when challenged, then back tracks. Now then Smudger is there a groundswell of hatred towards Delia or a few blokes chanting on a bus?

[/quote]

500 at St Andrews Hall with not one positive word to say on the board.

People saying how they hate the damn cook and how she has destroyed the club throughout the City.

You believe what you want to belive sitting in your faded jaded yellow chair and just be grateful that we have a club (for the time being at least).

More and more people want the cook out at all costs and there is a real undercurrent of resentment growing in the City from what I have seen, not only from the fans but from local business owners too.

[/quote]

There is a huge groundswell of hatred towards Delia,try asking more than just a few people you know and you would get a better opinion,i honestly believe that 80% of fans want her gone and most i have spoken to and not just friends and family are actually starting to get so frustrated and angry at her that the H word has been mentioned!! It''s time some fans realised that as hard as she has tried she has put this club on it''s knees and she has to go. I have no need to make things up or just pluck numbers out of the air but i can honestly say that over the past weeks i''ve only met three or four fans who still support her and hundreds who want her gone and who can''t stand the sight of the women anymore.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

There is a huge groundswell of hatred towards Delia,try asking more than just a few people you know and you would get a better opinion,i honestly believe that 80% of fans want her gone and most i have spoken to and not just friends and family are actually starting to get so frustrated and angry at her that the H word has been mentioned!! It''s time some fans realised that as hard as she has tried she has put this club on it''s knees and she has to go. I have no need to make things up or just pluck numbers out of the air but i can honestly say that over the past weeks i''ve only met three or four fans who still support her and hundreds who want her gone and who can''t stand the sight of the women anymore.

[/quote]

Fully agree with that Phat. Lifes too short for hate but most of us would not be unhappy to see her go.

The problem however is we have very little prospect of forcing the issue other than to totally withdraw support as some suggest. In my opinion this has more chance of breaking the club than ridding us of the board. If there was a white knight waiting in the wings we would have a focus for change but sadly this is not in prospect and the current economic crises makes it even more unlikely.

Premier clubs will be taken over because there is at least the chance of big money coming in. Buying a League 1 club is more of a long term act of  faith with a very small chance of a successful financial outcome.

If I believed demonstrating outside Carrow Road would change anything then I would be there alongside Smudger but I don''t believe it would. 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fully agree with that Phat. Lifes too short for hate but most of us would not be unhappy to see her go.

The problem however is we have very little prospect of forcing the issue other than to totally withdraw support as some suggest. In my opinion this has more chance of breaking the club than ridding us of the board. If there was a white knight waiting in the wings we would have a focus for change but sadly this is not in prospect and the current economic crises makes it even more unlikely.

Premier clubs will be taken over because there is at least the chance of big money coming in. Buying a League 1 club is more of a long term act of  faith with a very small chance of a successful financial outcome.

If I believed demonstrating outside Carrow Road would change anything then I would be there alongside Smudger but I don''t believe it would. 

[/quote]

What is the alternative though Ricardo?

Sit back and watch the club continue to be strangled to death???

Smudge, I have to agree with Ricardo slightly. I want the board changed, but I can''t personally see how a demo at the front will get other investers in. I remember the days of Chase etc, but can''t see more or even the same number of people doing the same this time. The other problem is, I don''t know what we can do to change it. Yes it can get bitter and twisted to push her out, but I don''t see her as a weak person and unless she gets something back, then we are going to be left with her and the board.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Fortunately I''m getting married tomorrow and sodding off to Italy for two weeks, so I''m looking forward to getting away from the forum!

[/quote]

Congratulations!

[G]
[/quote]

You must have made a typo.......( lol )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Fortunately I''m getting married tomorrow and sodding off to Italy for two weeks, so I''m looking forward to getting away from the forum!

[/quote]

Congratulations!

[G]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course many congratulations too !!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Congratulations!

[G]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course many congratulations too !!

[/quote]

LOL! I was, of course, referring to the trip to Italy[:D][;)]

[/quote]

I reckon Boudica would turn in her chariot if she knew such a soppy sod was heralding her name......

But then maybe you just need to be led by a woman eh?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is the alternative though Ricardo?

Sit back and watch the club continue to be strangled to death???

[/quote]

I wish I could give you an answer to that Smudger. If the option is between being strangled to death and committing suicide then I don''t really see any difference. When you''re dead you are dead, the process is pretty much achedemic.

Thats why I say we need some evidence of a White Knight waiting in the wings if we are to have any confidence that a revolution will succeed. I suppose you could say that my position is somewhere between yours and Nigels. I would like to see change but I don''t think your approach is likely to bring it.

When you have no power to change things, hope is all you have left.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

500 at St Andrews Hall with not one positive word to say on the board.

[/quote]

Well said or for Lappinitup: BOARD OUT!

Maybe we should highlight our favourite board myths. I think my top 3 would be :

1. References to ''happy clappers'' if you appear not to be full of hate for Delia and the Board

2. References to ''little Norwich'' as if Norwich is not a small provincial city in a rural county  

3. References to ''lack of ambition''  if any sense of realism is evidenced   

Most of my pals who still go down carrow, lots who dont and talking in clubs and pubs i find the opinion is very much anti Delia, hate might be a strong word but there is a dislike for her and an anger for our clubs decline under her. As for Smudge i tend to agree with most of what he says. The disgrace are the people who believe Delia is a goddess and stand by when this club is going down the tubes.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Most of my pals who still go down carrow, lots who dont and talking in clubs and pubs i find the opinion is very much anti Delia, hate might be a strong word but there is a dislike for her and an anger for our clubs decline under her. As for Smudge i tend to agree with most of what he says. The disgrace are the people who believe Delia is a goddess and stand by when this club is going down the tubes.

[/quote]

Ricky. I agree with your sentiment about hate. She can''t be hated for what she has done in the past, all she has done good has been negated by the recent shiite we have seen, but I hate the word hate against her. I do use the word dislike now and she has gone past the point of no return and she should be more than actively searching for new owners/investment, she should be begging because I do not want her hated like Chase was.

I''m not a Delia lover, far from it now, but I think we have to show some sort of respect, ok not respect, I can''t think of the word. I know most could[:D]

I still rack my brains with what else we could do, barring begging Branson and his Virgin empire to come on down, I''m stumped.

Now listen hear Smudger, I do not deny for one second that a lot of fans do not have a good word to say about the board, I am one of them. I do not deny that a very small minority of people feel hatred towards Delia and Co, but to be honest your justification of the groundswell of hatred around the City is pitiful, "not having a good word to say" is very different from hatred as well you know.

As for you Cluck, I have been insulted by experts, you really will have to do better.......[:D]

Now listen hear Smudger, I do not deny for one second that a lot of fans do not have a good word to say about the board, I am one of them. I do not deny that a very small minority of people feel hatred towards Delia and Co, but to be honest your justification of the groundswell of hatred around the City is pitiful, "not having a good word to say" is very different from hatred as well you know.

As for you Cluck, I have been insulted by experts, you really will have to do better.......[:D]

[/quote]

It is more than most people not having a good word to say though... we passed that stage a good few months ago prior to relegation, the re-appointment of Bryan Gunn and the Great Season Ticket Swindle.

Most people you speak to now are only too eager to speak extremely negatively of Delia Smith as a person as well as the impact that she has had upon NCFC and the City.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="yellow hammer"] As Nutty comes on to chide Smudge it looks like their agenda is working. Unfortunately, their games have nothing to do with the best interests of NCFC so let''s be forwarned about who these little bugs really are and what their objective really is. Something is afoot.[/quote]

I doubt there''s anyone on here posting anything but their own view yellow hammer. And even if there are nobody''s "agenda will work on me" I will post my opinion as I always have. I don''t post with an agenda in support of any particular poster or faction. I post what I believe. I don''t like words such as hatred being bandied around. I spoke against it many times before. My point to Smudger was that I didn''t believe the vast majority of City fans hated Delia or would ever hate Delia. Have you got a view on that yellow hammer?

I wish posters on both sides would "keep it real". As with most issues in life the minority of people are those at each extreme and the majority are those in the middle. If you want change it''s that majority you need onside. You don''t attract them by becoming more extreme.

[/quote]

You are your own man, Nutty, and much appreciated for it. I was objecting to what I saw as a couple of people deliberately stirring the pot, using words such as ''bloodlust'', who seemed to offer nothing of value except to provoke.

Hate is too strong an emotion in my opinion and doesn''t belong anywhere in football. But there has certainly been a lot of frustration building up over the past few seasons which, now that we have been relegated, has boiled over into anger. I expect there are a few supporters who do feel hate, but I think the majority are simply angry. And I think a lot of the anger is because fans feel they''ve been taken for a ride - that while the fans have always kept their side of the bargain, the club as a whole has let them down. From players not doing what they''re paid to do, managers failing to stop the rot, and board members seemingly out of touch with reality.

My opinion is that, unless the club addresses the frustrations and anger of the fans, then anger will turn to hatred in many. I don''t think we''re at that stage yet, but it could happen.

Now Smudger''s approach is a difficult one for the majority to accept. I''ve never met the bloke but I''ve read posters on here who''ve said he is a passionate fan who wears his heart on his sleeve. The greatly-missed Arrdee once said Smudger''s a fan and we should love him for that. It''s a measure of Arrdee that he can say such a thing. But we do need people like Smudger pushing and prodding us to sit up and take notice of what''s going on, as uncomfortble as that may be.

You are right, Nutty, that you need the majority to be onside in order to effect change. But I also think that it is the likes of Smudger at one extreme and LQ at the other who pull the majority one way or another simply because they force us to take notice of a certain point of view.

But football is a broad church and small, spontaneous protests are never going to have much effect. It''s like an oil tanker making a 90 degree turn, it takes time to change direction, but when it does, you''d better not be in its path.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

It is more than most people not having a good word to say though... we passed that stage a good few months ago prior to relegation, the re-appointment of Bryan Gunn and the Great Season Ticket Swindle.

Most people you speak to now are only too eager to speak extremely negatively of Delia Smith as a person as well as the impact that she has had upon NCFC and the City.

[/quote]You''re not most people though are you? You clearly have an unhealthy obsession with her to the point where it seems you actually want her dead.

[quote user="yellow hammer"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="yellow hammer"] As Nutty comes on to chide Smudge it looks like their agenda is working. Unfortunately, their games have nothing to do with the best interests of NCFC so let''s be forwarned about who these little bugs really are and what their objective really is. Something is afoot.[/quote]

I doubt there''s anyone on here posting anything but their own view yellow hammer. And even if there are nobody''s "agenda will work on me" I will post my opinion as I always have. I don''t post with an agenda in support of any particular poster or faction. I post what I believe. I don''t like words such as hatred being bandied around. I spoke against it many times before. My point to Smudger was that I didn''t believe the vast majority of City fans hated Delia or would ever hate Delia. Have you got a view on that yellow hammer?

I wish posters on both sides would "keep it real". As with most issues in life the minority of people are those at each extreme and the majority are those in the middle. If you want change it''s that majority you need onside. You don''t attract them by becoming more extreme.

[/quote]

You are your own man, Nutty, and much appreciated for it. I was objecting to what I saw as a couple of people deliberately stirring the pot, using words such as ''bloodlust'', who seemed to offer nothing of value except to provoke.

Hate is too strong an emotion in my opinion and doesn''t belong anywhere in football. But there has certainly been a lot of frustration building up over the past few seasons which, now that we have been relegated, has boiled over into anger. I expect there are a few supporters who do feel hate, but I think the majority are simply angry. And I think a lot of the anger is because fans feel they''ve been taken for a ride - that while the fans have always kept their side of the bargain, the club as a whole has let them down. From players not doing what they''re paid to do, managers failing to stop the rot, and board members seemingly out of touch with reality.

My opinion is that, unless the club addresses the frustrations and anger of the fans, then anger will turn to hatred in many. I don''t think we''re at that stage yet, but it could happen.

Now Smudger''s approach is a difficult one for the majority to accept. I''ve never met the bloke but I''ve read posters on here who''ve said he is a passionate fan who wears his heart on his sleeve. The greatly-missed Arrdee once said Smudger''s a fan and we should love him for that. It''s a measure of Arrdee that he can say such a thing. But we do need people like Smudger pushing and prodding us to sit up and take notice of what''s going on, as uncomfortble as that may be.

You are right, Nutty, that you need the majority to be onside in order to effect change. But I also think that it is the likes of Smudger at one extreme and LQ at the other who pull the majority one way or another simply because they force us to take notice of a certain point of view.

But football is a broad church and small, spontaneous protests are never going to have much effect. It''s like an oil tanker making a 90 degree turn, it takes time to change direction, but when it does, you''d better not be in its path.

[/quote]

Very good post YH... [Y]

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re not most people though are you? You clearly have an unhealthy obsession with her to the point where it seems you actually want her dead.
[/quote]

Have I said that Larry???

I want her out of NCFC as soon as possible, as I believe an ever growing number of City fans do.

I am simply reporting what I have heard around the City... choose to disbelieve that if you like, but it is what I have heard and I have been right all along when the vast majority on here have said that I was wrong.  I believe that things are going to get very ugly indeed over the first few months of the coming season.

Now I suggest that you start saving your pennies up to pay me off at Christmas... [;)]

[/quote]

It was worth a try though wasn''t it?   [:)]    

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve rechecked my emotions and I can confirm that it is indeed pure hatred I feel for the old bat Delia![:|][/quote]

lol glad I aren''t alone in how I feel

I completely agree with both nuuty nigel and disturbed as i am sorry smudger but i simply cannot agree with hatred towards delia and i suppose you will be one of those not giving the rebate and not renewing there season ticket if we dont go up next year. to be honest fans like you are not needed at a club with so many loyal supporters who back the club in there time of need

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve rechecked my emotions and I can confirm that it is indeed pure hatred I feel for the old bat Delia![:|][/quote]

lol glad I aren''t alone in how I feel

[/quote]

Ahh so the truth is coming out now then???

C''mon hands up... how many more of you hate Delia Smith and can''t wait to see the back of her???

Like i have said for a while people are covering up their true feelings for her due to those claiming she has done a lot for our club and should not be viewed in such a way.

Like it or not, this is the undercurrent of feeling bubbling away under the surface of a very large number of fans in the City.