Sign in to follow this  
Dr Terrible

Arthur Whittle Dead???

Went into the Coachmakers Arms in St Stephens yesterday, and asked if Arthur Whittle was about. Told by a chap at the bar that he was taken ill recently and had passed on.

Anyone else heard this?

Is it true?

[quote user="Wayne G"]

Went into the Coachmakers Arms in St Stephens yesterday, and asked if Arthur Whittle was about. Told by a chap at the bar that he was taken ill recently and had passed on.

Anyone else heard this?

Is it true?

[/quote]

When was he last on here?

Would be sad if he had.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Wayne G"]

Anyone else heard this?

Is it true?

[/quote]

When was he last on here?

Would be sad if he had.

[/quote]

I very rarely saw eye to eye with him, but still...... hope this isnt true, and we would have to have a tribute.

Nothing in the notices and was active on here in late May, not that proves anything though. Wasn''t he a collection of people?

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Nothing in the notices and was active on here in late May, not that proves anything though. Wasn''t he a collection of people?[/quote]

He used to let his nephew and son use his login occassionally, but not very often apparently. He wrote many letters to the Evening News and as far as I am aware was a real person, called Arthur Whittle, who actually did drink in the coachmakers.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well he''s still on my friends list on facebook.  How strange.[/quote]Same here WAY, there''s been ''recent activity'' but to be fair it doesn''t say how recent... let''s just hope he''s on holiday!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well he''s still on my friends list on facebook.  How strange.[/quote]
Same here WAY, there''s been ''recent activity'' but to be fair it doesn''t say how recent... let''s just hope he''s on holiday!
[/quote]

Yeah I saw that, just logged on to facebook and it shows recent activity like you''ve said, fingers crossed.

Not sure if this is true.

Do know a couple of his relations but havent seen or heard from them for a while.

Hope this isnt true.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well he''s still on my friends list on facebook.  How strange.[/quote]

Facebook isnt going to know if he died is it?  There is still a Myspace page set up for a friend of mine who passed away, nobody knew the password.....

When was he last on Facebook? Why not send him a facebook message and see if you get a reply?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Well he''s still on my friends list on facebook.  How strange.[/quote]

Facebook isnt going to know if he died is it?  There is still a Myspace page set up for a friend of mine who passed away, nobody knew the password.....

When was he last on Facebook? Why not send him a facebook message and see if you get a reply?

[/quote]

No but facebook shows recent activity, and there has been recent activity, and I have just sent a message, if I get a reply I will post on here.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

No but facebook shows recent activity, and there has been recent activity, and I have just sent a message, if I get a reply I will post on here.

[/quote]

If you dont get a reply soon you could try sending a message to his nephews, I know their names and they are on his friends list.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Wasn''t he a collection of people?[/quote]

His nephews and son used it when he was working away or on holiday but havent heard from his nephews for a while.

Aagin, I really hope not, if i remember well enough he joined the board around the same time as me, would hate to loose two people in one year who provide some of the best talking points on here.

Come on Arthur, show us to be wrong!

Back at you..... not hard to check.

[quote user="Millo"]

His nephews and son used it when he was working away or on holiday but havent heard from his nephews for a while.

[/quote]Surely they would have said if he''d carked it?

I really hope this isn''t true. Keep us updated!

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

Surely they would have said if he''d carked it?
[/quote]

They probably would have said, but I havent spoke to them for weeks.

Also dont you think "carked it" is a bit of loose way of marking someones passing if this is true?

Didnt know him myself only know relations and dont speak regularly so who knows if its true?

IBA mate, its already been mentioned that Arthurs nephews and son use it when hes on holiday or working away.