Sign in to follow this  
ca

Trust - NCISA - Kitty

[quote user="Cannycanary"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="conker"]I''m going to jump in here as at present there seems to be a lot of scepticism around the Kitty and very few admitting that it is actually a good idea.

I''ve been involved with the project for a good few months now, some of you know me under a different user name and tbh I mainly use WOTB to talk all things Norwich, and not as the case may be.

I work in affiliate marketing and saw the Kitty as a great opportunity to allow fans to give something to the club in exchange for something they actually wanted.  The Kitty have said all along that the money raised will be used to fund player transfers.

We have seen faced several obstacles in recent months in light of the current economic climate, the relegation etc etc please do not however take our lack of media exposure and the "radio silence" as a sign that we have given up or that the project is not still on going.

In light of recent comments by the club, maybe now is the time for us to start shouting and allow the fans to put money in via the rebate etc, at the same time we are working with the fans towards a goal shared by your club, the success and survival of the club.  As such we a re open to suggestions and comments on fundraising initiatives, yet will not fight fans for their money if they choose not to claim the rebate.

Please be patient with us, I see no reason for the negativity shown by many parties at the end of the day, if you dont want to put money into the Kitty we will not force you to.  Steve has been working hard behind the scenes on the business directory and recent meetings have opened several new avenues for us.

You support will help make this a success.

[/quote]

May I suggest a healthy alternative? contrary to negativity, I have a lot of experience in affiliate marketing. Why not sign up to affiliate offers such as paid daily clicks (e.g. Kelkoo, Compare search etc) .  As well as other affiliate offers that offer no spend payments? such as signing up to survey sites which can pay up to £1.50 a time for 30 seconds of somebody registering? I can provide you wish a list of affiliate networks that have large amount of incentive permitted and no spend offers.

Then kindly ask that people sign up to these offers once and a while (I own a cashback site and make a lot of money from this as a commercial venture). You will make a lot more money than you will from adsense or selling adspace.

Simple as really, maybe on a seperate page of your site, maybe as a new site. Simply brushing me aside as a negative poster, just because I dont particularly relate to the cause, doesnt mean that I cant help you out. I have built pretty complex scripts from scratch, run two online businesses, and in nutshell make a lot of money.

Like I said, I still prefer trusts that buy shares, but I would be willing to help you as a gesture of goodwill. Whether you choose to accept that offer is up to you, but my cashback site takes £4k a month (turnover, I have to pay 40-50% of that to members). Prefering another trust is no different from me preferring the manifesto of a different political party, just because your doing good doesnt mean that I have to think the sun shines out of your backside mate.

[/quote]

Hi Ryan, Thank You for your offer of help, we will be arranging some meetings shortly and new members are welcome. Like you I make a living from online activities, I believe there is huge potential, and would be glad to hear what ideas you can bring to this. Affiliate marketing is part of the concept but i''m sure there are many opportunities in this field.

There must be loads of talented individuals who are City supporters that could bring some much diversity to this.

[/quote]

Thank you for your response, I would be happy to offer some suggestions at a meeting, and await its announcement on here. My idea would be for me to copy the source code from my cashback site and customise it for Norwich City Kitty, I would have to host this on my server though as I cant give away unique source code. I would be happy for my company to manage it.

[quote user="Cannycanary"]Hi Ryan you must have been typing at the same time as me.. I thought it was better to answer you individually.[/quote]

Yes, apologies for that, I have replied above.

Hi Ryan, If the supporters pull together this will work, I have been working this winter on other projects which will benefit the kitty also and have yet to show my full hand until the right time.

I trust if we make announcements on here you will see them or you can keep in contact though my email address provided on my website.

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

Hi Ryan, If the supporters pull together this will work, I have been working this winter on other projects which will benefit the kitty also and have yet to show my full hand until the right time.

I trust if we make announcements on here you will see them or you can keep in contact though my email address provided on my website.

[/quote]

Cool, when I am not too busy I will send you a link to my primary site, so you can have a look and let me know what you think of the prospect.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Cannycanary"]

I have to make it clear to all on here that i know what i am talking about,  if supporters could get behind my knowledge we can produce a website that will make a vast difference to this club..

I have stated time and again that my understanding of SEO is extensive and the contacts i have build up can produce websites capable of achieving extremely high volume traffic.

I have some radical ideas and vast amounts of data that''s available for the success of this..  

We will be arranging meetings soon for supporters to attend so that they can get a better understanding of where this idea is going and how they can help from the comfort of their home..

[/quote]

So you are not prepared to even acknowledge my offer to discuss ideas with you, and utilise my business experience?

Firstly, most people on here wont even know what SEO is, neither will most people on here understand how that traffic gains revenue. Your site has no ''About us'' page, which means that any Norwich fan that isnt from the Pink Un wont know what your trying to achieve or how you will go about it. Therefore they are likely to dismiss your site as a scam, particularly as all content is clearly automated so there is no evidence that the site is still functional.

Secondly, you have no details about the members of the fund, or offer any legal notes that offer protection and assurance to those that donate. Its ok telling everybody how much traffic your site will get, but the only business model I can see is donations and people paying to advertise.

Actually forget it, I will start my own business model and use the funds to purchase shares in the club, under a formal legal entity.

[/quote]Let''s not get into arguments here, thanks for your advice.  The kitty currently works with a Network as I work for a network.  We appreciate all feedback and welcome contributions by way of advice and hands on help if it is on offer.

I can''t pretend to understand all of the technical side but it sounds like a good idea to me. Good luck!

Haven''t got a clue about all this technical stuff that Steve/Ryan are talking about but am looking forward to the ''''Kitty'''' meeting to find out more about the project and how much has been raised in the past year.

Has a date been set yet Steve? ( I''ve been away for a few days so haven''t got caught up yet)

[quote user="cityangel"]

Haven''t got a clue about all this technical stuff that Steve/Ryan are talking about but am looking forward to the ''''Kitty'''' meeting to find out more about the project and how much has been raised in the past year.

Has a date been set yet Steve? ( I''ve been away for a few days so haven''t got caught up yet)

[/quote]So you''ve just posted ya rebate form to stop your money going to the club you don''t trust and yet you support the kitty who want you to give them money to give to the club you don''t trust, no rudeness intended just confused by a couple of ya posts

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]
So you''ve just posted ya rebate form to stop your money going to the club you don''t trust and yet you support the kitty who want you to give them money to give to the club you don''t trust, no rudeness intended just confused by a couple of ya posts
[/quote]

Where does it say that I support the Kitty, I said I was looking forward to hearing about the project at their meeting because I want to hear how much they have raised and whether its a worthwhile project . I did use their google tool fror a while when their website first launched a year ago but since Xmas their forum seems to have died and the Kitty hasn''t been mentioned plus they weren''t represented at St Andrews Hall so I assumed the Kitty had died, hence why I started the thread!

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

Subsciptions money for the first period was low as explained here, http://www.norwichkitty.com/section/1/funds/  the remainder of the money was raised through activity through the committee members.

I will update these figures for you after our next general meeting which is to be held in June when the treasurer updates me the full figures which are in the bank account.. I have no access to this.[/quote]

Yes I saw that the figure of £972 had been raised for the first 6months up to Dec 1st, do we now have an update for the 6 months up to June 1st?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thanks for the reply Steve although I still think that you could have used the meeting at St Andrews hall to pitch for any rebates that people didn''t want to keep.

Would also have been nice if all the various groups of people involved in trying to help the club would come together as one, if you get my drift.

[/quote]

If people want to give up the rebate the most sensible thing to do would be to do just that and give it back to the club, that way the amount will be doubled by Foulger.  Giving it to one of the supporters groups you get the amount once, giving it to the club you get it twice. 

Unfortunately, there''s a lot of people around here who don''t do "sensible."

[quote user="GMF"]Unfortunately, there''s a lot of people around here who don''t do "sensible."[/quote]

I think claiming back my rebate of over a £100....is "sensible."

I didn''t bump the thread to discuss the rebate issues, I bumped it as I was interested to know what the Kitty had raised in the last 6 months 1st Dec to 1st June, to add to the £970 they raised the previous 6 months.

Also wanted to know how often the money raised will be passed to the club?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I didn''t bump the thread to discuss the rebate issues, I bumped it as I was interested to know what the Kitty had raised in the last 6 months 1st Dec to 1st June, to add to the £970 they raised the previous 6 months.

Also wanted to know how often the money raised will be passed to the club?

[/quote]

You have every right to question those concerned with the Kitty, CA - especially as the latter appear to be particularly cagey on the subject.Straight answers to straight questions are required here.

I quite agree Shyster that its our right to question these various groups but whther they answer or not is a different matter

Kitty -  How much have you raised in the last 6 months 1st Dec to 1st June, to add to the £970 you raised the previous 6 months.?

Trust - How many season ticket holders passed their rebates over to you?

Thanks Steve and Mike in anticipation. [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I quite agree Shyster that its our right to question these various groups but whther they answer or not is a different matter

Kitty -  How much have you raised in the last 6 months 1st Dec to 1st June, to add to the £970 you raised the previous 6 months.?

[/quote]Good stuff CA. Although I believe all that will be proven is that NCISA will again be proven the primary and only serious body that anyone should consider throwing money at. If we want to know what goes on inside our club we need a representative on the board.To me there is no point chucking money into a kitty when it could be the likes of Peter Grant that is spending it.And I hear so little from the Trust it startles me. NCISA is the way to go. If they had more money they can buy more shares and make their voice that bit stronger. There is nothing to say that NCISA could not also adapt the kitty concept at a later stage but I think its a bit futile at the moment. Even if they have doubled what they have got in the first six months what exactly will be bought with it? An accadamy players wages for a couple of months? A couple of days wages for a first team player? It seems very insignificant in the grander scheme of things.It would have been nice if they had managed to get say £5 off 15,000 fans and then we would be looking at buying another Cody MacDonald.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Good stuff CA. Although I believe all that will be proven is that NCISA will again be proven the primary and only serious body that anyone should consider throwing money at. If we want to know what goes on inside our club we need a representative on the board.To me there is no point chucking money into a kitty when it could be the likes of Peter Grant that is spending it.And I hear so little from the Trust it startles me. NCISA is the way to go. If they had more money they can buy more shares and make their voice that bit stronger. There is nothing to say that NCISA could not also adapt the kitty concept at a later stage but I think its a bit futile at the moment. Even if they have doubled what they have got in the first six months what exactly will be bought with it? An accadamy players wages for a couple of months? A couple of days wages for a first team player? It seems very insignificant in the grander scheme of things.It would have been nice if they had managed to get say £5 off 15,000 fans and then we would be looking at buying another Cody MacDonald.[/quote]They maybe could but as your post demonstrates people are full of excuses as to why not to put money in. It''s for the wrong player'' it would only be wasted, the leaves on the track are the wrong kind of leaves and on and on and on. Football is a roulette wheel you stick ya money in cause ya chances of winning are better than if you don''t. People love to moan. The NCISA is the sunday newspaper equivelant of the news of the world, spin, sensationalism and lack of substance. Go on findin ya reasons not to financialy support the club and boring old people like me will keep on subscribing our tenners and our rebates and praying that some of it makes a difference cause it''s more likely to get us promoted than anything the moaners are doing

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Good stuff CA. Although I believe all that will be proven is that NCISA will again be proven the primary and only serious body that anyone should consider throwing money at. If we want to know what goes on inside our club we need a representative on the board.To me there is no point chucking money into a kitty when it could be the likes of Peter Grant that is spending it.And I hear so little from the Trust it startles me. NCISA is the way to go. If they had more money they can buy more shares and make their voice that bit stronger. There is nothing to say that NCISA could not also adapt the kitty concept at a later stage but I think its a bit futile at the moment. Even if they have doubled what they have got in the first six months what exactly will be bought with it? An accadamy players wages for a couple of months? A couple of days wages for a first team player? It seems very insignificant in the grander scheme of things.It would have been nice if they had managed to get say £5 off 15,000 fans and then we would be looking at buying another Cody MacDonald.[/quote]They maybe could but as your post demonstrates people are full of excuses as to why not to put money in. It''s for the wrong player'' it would only be wasted, the leaves on the track are the wrong kind of leaves and on and on and on. Football is a roulette wheel you stick ya money in cause ya chances of winning are better than if you don''t. People love to moan. The NCISA is the sunday newspaper equivelant of the news of the world, spin, sensationalism and lack of substance. Go on findin ya reasons not to financialy support the club and boring old people like me will keep on subscribing our tenners and our rebates and praying that some of it makes a difference cause it''s more likely to get us promoted than anything the moaners are doing[/quote]ya......[<:o)]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Good stuff CA. Although I believe all that will be proven is that NCISA will again be proven the primary and only serious body that anyone should consider throwing money at. If we want to know what goes on inside our club we need a representative on the board.

To me there is no point chucking money into a kitty when it could be the likes of Peter Grant that is spending it.

And I hear so little from the Trust it startles me. NCISA is the way to go. If they had more money they can buy more shares and make their voice that bit stronger. There is nothing to say that NCISA could not also adapt the kitty concept at a later stage but I think its a bit futile at the moment. Even if they have doubled what they have got in the first six months what exactly will be bought with it? An accadamy players wages for a couple of months? A couple of days wages for a first team player? It seems very insignificant in the grander scheme of things.

It would have been nice if they had managed to get say £5 off 15,000 fans and then we would be looking at buying another Cody MacDonald.
[/quote]

They maybe could but as your post demonstrates people are full of excuses as to why not to put money in. It''s for the wrong player'' it would only be wasted, the leaves on the track are the wrong kind of leaves and on and on and on. Football is a roulette wheel you stick ya money in cause ya chances of winning are better than if you don''t. People love to moan. The NCISA is the sunday newspaper equivelant of the news of the world, spin, sensationalism and lack of substance. Go on findin ya reasons not to financialy support the club and boring old people like me will keep on subscribing our tenners and our rebates and praying that some of it makes a difference cause it''s more likely to get us promoted than anything the moaners are doing
[/quote]

Personally I think that its each to their own, my ''excuse'' is one that I consider to be fully valid. The football club is not a charity, and do not operate in anyway like a charity, they bought land for £2.5m and pay hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to sub standard players. I pay them to entertain me, to watch a game of football, to have a couple of pints at the bar and for a bit of munch at half time. They have my custom, and it is their responsibility to provide a team of a high enough standard to entertain.

I donate a fair bit of money to charities, but if I found out that employees of that charity were talking six figure salaries, I would swiftly withdraw my financial support. The club and its current regime is not worthy of free money, it was fans that funded the Huckerby transfer, and the club didnt even have the decency to give the fans a chance to send him off. Delia and Co do not deserve a penny of peoples money in the form of donations. The only one I am supportive of is the Trust, which buys shares annually, even then I would rather buy my own shares to be honest. 

The difference between the skint Norwich city with blankets around the pitch in the sixties is that the players didnt drive 70k cars and drink £300 bottles of champagne in Mercy. Im not giving any extra money for the club to employ losers like Mark Fotheringham. They can entertain me, and I will pay for that entertainment. As it happens the entertainment has been pretty shocking in the last couple of years, and it is up to the club to start taking measures to retain my custom else I will spend my weekends going fishing instead of getting depressed.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Good stuff CA. Although I believe all that will be proven is that NCISA will again be proven the primary and only serious body that anyone should consider throwing money at. If we want to know what goes on inside our club we need a representative on the board.To me there is no point chucking money into a kitty when it could be the likes of Peter Grant that is spending it.And I hear so little from the Trust it startles me. NCISA is the way to go. If they had more money they can buy more shares and make their voice that bit stronger. There is nothing to say that NCISA could not also adapt the kitty concept at a later stage but I think its a bit futile at the moment. Even if they have doubled what they have got in the first six months what exactly will be bought with it? An accadamy players wages for a couple of months? A couple of days wages for a first team player? It seems very insignificant in the grander scheme of things.It would have been nice if they had managed to get say £5 off 15,000 fans and then we would be looking at buying another Cody MacDonald.[/quote]They maybe could but as your post demonstrates people are full of excuses as to why not to put money in. It''s for the wrong player'' it would only be wasted, the leaves on the track are the wrong kind of leaves and on and on and on. Football is a roulette wheel you stick ya money in cause ya chances of winning are better than if you don''t. People love to moan. The NCISA is the sunday newspaper equivelant of the news of the world, spin, sensationalism and lack of substance. Go on findin ya reasons not to financialy support the club and boring old people like me will keep on subscribing our tenners and our rebates and praying that some of it makes a difference cause it''s more likely to get us promoted than anything the moaners are doing[/quote]

Personally I think that its each to their own, my ''excuse'' is one that I consider to be fully valid. The football club is not a charity, and do not operate in anyway like a charity, they bought land for £2.5m and pay hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to sub standard players. I pay them to entertain me, to watch a game of football, to have a couple of pints at the bar and for a bit of munch at half time. They have my custom, and it is their responsibility to provide a team of a high enough standard to entertain.

I donate a fair bit of money to charities, but if I found out that employees of that charity were talking six figure salaries, I would swiftly withdraw my financial support. The club and its current regime is not worthy of free money, it was fans that funded the Huckerby transfer, and the club didnt even have the decency to give the fans a chance to send him off. Delia and Co do not deserve a penny of peoples money in the form of donations. The only one I am supportive of is the Trust, which buys shares annually, even then I would rather buy my own shares to be honest. 

The difference between the skint Norwich city with blankets around the pitch in the sixties is that the players didnt drive 70k cars and drink £300 bottles of champagne in Mercy. Im not giving any extra money for the club to employ losers like Mark Fotheringham. They can entertain me, and I will pay for that entertainment. As it happens the entertainment has been pretty shocking in the last couple of years, and it is up to the club to start taking measures to retain my custom else I will spend my weekends going fishing instead of getting depressed.

[/quote]Fair reply and as you say your excuse is perfectly valid and buy being prepared to support the trust as I do or buying your own shares you entertain the idea of financially supporting the club, you surely don''t see buying shares in ncfc as an investment.My sentiments are really aimed at the people on this board who suggest they would like to put money in but then find a thousand reasons why they shouldn''t whilst moaning and groaning about all things Norwich.

Cmon you two, lets be aving you [:)]

[quote user="JuanVelasco"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Good stuff CA. Although I believe all that will be proven is that NCISA will again be proven the primary and only serious body that anyone should consider throwing money at. If we want to know what goes on inside our club we need a representative on the board.

To me there is no point chucking money into a kitty when it could be the likes of Peter Grant that is spending it.

And I hear so little from the Trust it startles me. NCISA is the way to go. If they had more money they can buy more shares and make their voice that bit stronger. There is nothing to say that NCISA could not also adapt the kitty concept at a later stage but I think its a bit futile at the moment. Even if they have doubled what they have got in the first six months what exactly will be bought with it? An accadamy players wages for a couple of months? A couple of days wages for a first team player? It seems very insignificant in the grander scheme of things.

It would have been nice if they had managed to get say £5 off 15,000 fans and then we would be looking at buying another Cody MacDonald.
[/quote]

They maybe could but as your post demonstrates people are full of excuses as to why not to put money in. It''s for the wrong player'' it would only be wasted, the leaves on the track are the wrong kind of leaves and on and on and on. Football is a roulette wheel you stick ya money in cause ya chances of winning are better than if you don''t. People love to moan. The NCISA is the sunday newspaper equivelant of the news of the world, spin, sensationalism and lack of substance. Go on findin ya reasons not to financialy support the club and boring old people like me will keep on subscribing our tenners and our rebates and praying that some of it makes a difference cause it''s more likely to get us promoted than anything the moaners are doing
[/quote]

[/quote]

spot on...[Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A well stated point of view Juan and, if I were living in Norwich, I suspect that would be my view too. One slight correction....it was the fifties when the blankets were carried around the pitch.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Have you emailed them from their website CA?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Have you emailed them from their website CA?

[/quote]

I asked the question on the Kitty website forum on 17th May but no-one has replied.

Since then Steve(Cannycanary ) posted earlier in this thread on 30th May that he would find out how much has been put in the bank account from 1/12 - 1/6 and come back to us but hasn''t yet hence my reminder.

Really interested as to whether the Kitty project has been worthwhile for the year since it started.