Sign in to follow this  
NCFCanary

Jon Otsemobor

I know he isn''t everyone''s favourite at Norwich but if the managerial staff could experiment with his pace and crossing ability (from the dead ball line) as a lot of us have seen this season then he could pose a real threat at right wing as Croft''s replacement against some pretty lackluster left backs in League 1 without a hint of pace!

Aswell as this it would also cover up his weaknesses such as positioning and inability to tackle (apart from some real crunchers against Plymouth and Barnsely) also would boost his confidence ten-fold after beating opponents time after time as it seems he is a confidence player (which Roeder obviously did not see)

So lets give him a chance if Gunn does choose to exploit this aspect of his game and he could potentially be a completely different player against Exeter/Brentford etc...[Y]

No.None of that matters. I don''t think he''s actually consious whilst he''s on a football pitch.

The bloke is one of the main reasons we are in L1, if he looked like he even cared I might give him a chance.

The sooner he goes the better!

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

I know he isn''t everyone''s favourite at Norwich but if the managerial staff could experiment with his pace and crossing ability (from the dead ball line) as a lot of us have seen this season then he could pose a real threat at right wing as Croft''s replacement against some pretty lackluster left backs in League 1 without a hint of pace!

Aswell as this it would also cover up his weaknesses such as positioning and inability to tackle (apart from some real crunchers against Plymouth and Barnsely) also would boost his confidence ten-fold after beating opponents time after time as it seems he is a confidence player (which Roeder obviously did not see)

So lets give him a chance if Gunn does choose to exploit this aspect of his game and he could potentially be a completely different player against Exeter/Brentford etc...[Y]

[/quote]

right wing for me! i culd do with having a chat to him! Gunn hasnt got a clue!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

right wing for me! i culd do with having a chat to him! Gunn hasnt got a clue!
[/quote]

My point exactly canary charge [Y]

Everyone seems to forget that this guy had just been selected as the best right back in league 1 when we signed him and remind me again which league we will be playing in next season?!?

Maybe he''s not up to Champs standard but we''re no longer in the Champs are we!?!  So I don''t think its the most sensible idea to vilify one of our few remianing contracted players who''s previously proved that''s he more than capable of playing at the level we will be next season.

If Gunn can get him motivated, which perhaps our previous crop of useless managers couldn''t, then I think he could be a very big asset next season, wherever he plays down the right. 

So you are suggesting playing a poor player out of position to make him even worse?  Brilliant, and for your next trick do you catch a ball?[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[Y][quote user="ACE"]So you are suggesting playing a poor player out of position to make him even worse?  Brilliant, and for your next trick do you catch
[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote][/quote]

No I am merely saying that this could be potentially a good idea which could reap the rewards. If you feel that Ostemobor should be kept at right back where he has played poorly nearly all season then that''s your opinion. Don''t shoot mine down just because you don''t agree with it. [Y]

[quote user="Clint"]

Everyone seems to forget that this guy had just been selected as the best right back in league 1 when we signed him and remind me again which league we will be playing in next season?!?

Maybe he''s not up to Champs standard but we''re no longer in the Champs are we!?!  So I don''t think its the most sensible idea to vilify one of our few remianing contracted players who''s previously proved that''s he more than capable of playing at the level we will be next season.

If Gunn can get him motivated, which perhaps our previous crop of useless managers couldn''t, then I think he could be a very big asset next season, wherever he plays down the right. 

[/quote]

We''re not talking about his ability, I don''t think he would be too bad in league one IF he could be bothered. I will never forgive him for his attitude against Charlton.

OTBC

[quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

Thank you, I have been saying for a while now. The thing that irks me is his apperant lack of passion and determination. This has been done to death about his attributes and what he does wrong, but I feel a drop in league will do him good, along with some decent full time rivalry in the right back berth, some confidence too, I think he will have a good season.

Could be good at RB if he cared at all, so no i''m afraid. The most frustrating player i''ve ever had to endure watching. The sooner he leaves this club the better.

[quote user="hogesar"]No.None of that matters. I don''t think he''s actually consious whilst he''s on a football pitch.[/quote]

Definitely agree. He looked half asleep at Charlton. Embarrasingly bad.

Personally I see the Jon Ostemobor saga as one which Gunn needs to put right before the season starts. In sum, if Ostemobor is still at the club at the start of next season, Bryan Gunn has already failed. He will have failed to learn from the appalling non-show at Charlton last season, not to mention everything that preceded it. Ostemobor should be shown the door asap. He shows no passion or determination. He''s here for the money. End of. Show him the door, and then he can realise life will never be this good for him every again. Ostemobor will be back playing for the likes of Hereford Utd and Accrington Stanley before he knows it, on a quarter of the huge wedge we no doubt shell out on him weekly.

Jon Ostemobor is a complete waste of space, and typifies everything that is wrong with professional football at the moment. He could, if he had the motivation, be so much better. But he simply cannot be bothered.

he would do a job job playing on the wing in midfield but he cant defened to save his life. stick him in midfield and let him run at defences

Soo you think we should let go of one of our contracted players, not being funny but have you seen the size of our squad, i know he isnt that great, but still cover is cover, and he was good at crewe in league 1.

You can judge him at Charlton and yer he was useless, but wasn''t the whole team crap, i mean mooney was easily the worst player that day yet people think we should sign him, then the next week in the paper he is saying oh well never mind what happened i can still get promoted with Reading!

Just give him a chance and see what happens.

My understanding is that when he was at Crewe he played very well and was an outstanding full back. 

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

I posted this idea a few weeks ago, but not many people agreed. Seem to think he''d be cack whatever position he played in. I, like you, believe that if you put a good right back behind him he could do a good job, especially if the coaches improve his crossing ability. His pace would scare defenders silly. Got to be worth a try.

[quote user="NCFC1"]he would do a job job playing on the wing in midfield but he cant defened to save his life. stick him in midfield and let him run at defences[/quote]

[Y]

Totally agree, he does have blistering pace and stamina as well. Not to sure about his crossing ability... but if they worked on it, I''d be happy to have him on the right wing with spillane behind him

Isn''t it worth a pop!? [^o)]Not sure that we''d lose anything by it as long as there''s someone behind him to shivvy him along and help him if it''s going badly!!

The trouble with him is, as we was in the last matches of the season, he sometimes seems to forget that he has masses of pace. He just can''t be bothered to run. I suppose if he had a decent defender behind him and his crossing was worked on he could be good the right wing, provided he had the motivation to do something and not just stand around.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

GOOD idea has already been discussed, but i like that idea!

Try him here...

Try him there...

It makes no difference where you try him, he''s useless.

A poor player, and the worst full back at the club in living memory.

I''m hoping he''ll last another month as he''s Mr June in my NC calendar. I''m not sure any of the players on calendar have done that yet.

Mr May - Crofty - made it through most of the month.

After June, not sure how many of the players we''ll keep. It''s been a rubbish year for the calendar. In fact a rubbish year all round! 

I reckon Gunny has given this a read and has finally seen sense!

What does everyone else think, worth a go!?

Sorry but Otsemobor is rubbish. Plain and simple. And some people believe if he worked on his crosses he would be ok????? The man is 26 years old for friar tuck''s sake. If he can''t cross a ball by now he will never learn. It''s not as if he has been playing in goal either. He is a right back and from my memory right/left backs should have the ability to cross. If they can''t, I know, convert them to wingers!! Pure madness from people who spend too much time playing Champ Manager.