Sign in to follow this  
coops

Get ready for the influx of poor quality players

As we try to rebuild our battered club we will bring in players purely for the sake of bumping up the number of contracted players. It will be like the Hamilton days where any johnny foreigner was signed just so we had a bigger squad. So don''t get too excited as nearly every player will be crap or old or never heard of. As you can tell I don''t have much optimism and I imagine Gunns hands are tied as far as transfers are concerned as he probably has to wait for the sale of Clingan etc before he has a penny to spend. This will mean any half decent players which are available will be snapped up by other clubs.

Happy days!

So you thought that even though we didnt manage to buy anyone of masive quality last yera in the championship, you expected anything different this year, or obviously as we are in a worse situaiton financially that anything other than this was going to happen?

It was always gunna happen, GET OVER IT!!

im pretty certain that even at this level, league one level players would love to come to norwich and give it a go if they are available or free, trust me! if we have a squad of decent league on eplayers this year and we manage to go up, we''ll have a bit more money to make a go in the champuionship should it happen next year...

end of.

[quote user="nu_matik"]

So you thought that even though we didnt manage to buy anyone of masive quality last yera in the championship, you expected anything different this year, or obviously as we are in a worse situaiton financially that anything other than this was going to happen?

It was always gunna happen, GET OVER IT!!

im pretty certain that even at this level, league one level players would love to come to norwich and give it a go if they are available or free, trust me! if we have a squad of decent league on eplayers this year and we manage to go up, we''ll have a bit more money to make a go in the champuionship should it happen next year...

end of.

[/quote]I think I know what you''re saying but wouldn''t we have stood more chance of escaping this division if we had a team of Championship quality players rather than League 1 players however good?

[quote user="coops"]

As we try to rebuild our battered club we will bring in players purely for the sake of bumping up the number of contracted players. It will be like the Hamilton days where any johnny foreigner was signed just so we had a bigger squad. So don''t get too excited as nearly every player will be crap or old or never heard of. As you can tell I don''t have much optimism and I imagine Gunns hands are tied as far as transfers are concerned as he probably has to wait for the sale of Clingan etc before he has a penny to spend. This will mean any half decent players which are available will be snapped up by other clubs.

Happy days!

[/quote]

On the bright side there are many clubs like us who are going the younger/cheaper route.

Personally I think there are going to be a lot of clubs letting their best players go for purely financial reasons.

I think this year you will see a LOT of decent free agents on the market looking for clubs.

Many will have to take a lot less wages in the current economic climate IMHO.

Its interesting that you mention that we have to sell Clingan.

Clingan himself was a free agent.

So quality can be found.

To be honest I am actually excited that we will totally revamp the squad.

After some of the heartless performances maybe we can get hungry players in who are either looking to move up from the lower leagues or higher league players looking for consistent first team football.

I am glad to see the back of all the loan players and actually have our OWN players we can support.

I am not trying to say we are going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread BUT..... its not 100% certain we will totally suck either.

Lets wait and see who we bring in and how they play with the young players we currently have here.

We might just be suprised.