Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

would you change the ground name for £££

Depends what we changed it to.  If it was in keeping with our tradition and heritage then I''d be up for it.Something like "Yellows Burger Bar", for example.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If it meant more money for players?[/quote]

Depends how much money. For a one off flat fee, no. For a renewable annual fee then yes.

Aviva Stadium for £1m a year, I know its selling out, but I dont think we could say no.

But then Aviva Stadium for life for a one off payment of say £5m, then no......

Maybe we could build some towers and call them the The Towergate Towers.....

Or maybe we could call it the Bernard Matthews Chicken Shack, or the Norwich City Council Dump.

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn"]

wouldnt u have to change the road name ?

carrow road would always remain, just change it to whoever invests :)

[/quote]

No you wouldnt, Old Trafford is on Sir Matt Busby Way but its not called the Sir Matt Busby Stadium.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn"]

wouldnt u have to change the road name ?

carrow road would always remain, just change it to whoever invests :)

[/quote]

No you wouldnt, Old Trafford is on Sir Matt Busby Way but its not called the Sir Matt Busby Stadium.

[/quote]

but since when was it called sir matt bubsy was in the first place.

our ground is called carrow road because its on carrow road, we would change the name but it would  still be called carrow road because its on that road ?

Interesting prospect. I don''t think it matters what a stadium is officially called as the fans will always refer to it as Carrow Road.
Bradford City fans and others alike will always refer to the stadium as Valley Parade - how many people do you know that think of it as Coral Windows Stadium, Bradford & Bingley Stadium, Intersonic Stadium or Pulse Stadium (or even knew it has had those names in recent years)?
However it can''t just be sold to any sponsor - i agree the Aviva Stadium would be best.
Other options like Colman''s Stadium or Lotus Stadium not so great but if there''s money in it and the money would be used wisely i dont think its a huge issue.

lol. I''d probably put up with going to "The Bernard Mathews'' Turkeys Stadium" if it meant we got to see some decent football...