Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Crouch not wanted at Villa ?

Its been in the press that having been given new funds by Deadly Doug, O''Leary is trying to sign Mikael Forssell currently on loan at Birmingham during the January transfer window.

Whilst Birmingham have responded with a ''no way'', and may try to buy him themselves, it does show that Villa are after a new striker.

If they are in the market for a striker of Forsells class, then there is no way that Crouch will want to go back.

Why be a squad player at best, when he''s assured of first team football, in a side that has got a good chance of automatic (lets forget the playoffs!) promotion.

This is a good sign for us - I expect to see Crouch here for the rest of the season come December.

Reading the EDP and Pink un today I feel he is wanted. He says O''Leary has been in touch a lot.I feel it will be down to his desire to play or alternatively become a squad player and attempt a prem comeback in the summer.IF we get promoted I''m sure he''d stay.Don''t underestimate what the West Broms West Hams Sunderland''s might do in December.There are a lot of rumours that they might also offer him a year loan from under our noses.

Would be so so sweet if he stayed at City but me thinks O''Leary''s going to call him back. Besides, how much is he going to cost us not only to sign but to paty every week? Going to be one hell of a drop in wages for him. Still, would be money well spent

Having watched the Sunderland game at Carrow Road and half a dozen others this season its my opinion that Crouch is just as vital to us as Huckerby . He was superb on Saturday and very unlucky not to have scored a couple . I reckon if Crouchy was to sign on till the end of the season , we would be definitely a top six team and in the play offs , keep Huckerby too then an automatic spot isn''t beyond us . Let both of these guys go i don''t think we will have the ammo to score the goals necessary to get into the pack . Surely the board must realise with our basic squad we are not likely to return to the promised land . However , now is the time to sieze the moment , sign these two and even Harper too and make the rest of div 1 stand up and take notice of us as we stay in contention and get promoted !