Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield uni Canary

Cort leaves

No surprise there, in fact I''d almost forgot he was still with us. It was a huge risk by Roeder for bringing in someone so injury-prone. Despite his goal record, I didn''t think he did that badly for us overall in the games that he played, but his fitness, or lack of it, was always going to be an issue. He certainly was nowhere near as rubbish as Peter ''The Statue'' Thorne.

I wish him the best of luck in finding another club, he''s gonna need it with his injury problems. It wouldn''t surprise me if he calls it a day now.

Do we assume that the Lee deal is nearly finalised then?

I personally wish Cort the best, think he gave his all and could have done a job for us in the 3rd division - depending on fitness....

[quote user="NC"]

I personally wish Cort the best, think he gave his all and could have done a job for us in the 3rd division - depending on fitness....

[/quote]

There were 10 in the bed, and gunn said "roll over , roll over!!"

I get the feeling Clingan will be next to go, followed by Wes Hoolahan.

Now I have heard of the phrase lazy journalist but has anyone heard the phrase lazy bookies? God knows they must be given the odds they have given Norwich next season.

Worked harder than 90% of our squad over the season despite his injuries. Could''ve been a good impact player in League One comnig off the bench as his fitness improved.

He could have done a job in 3rd tier football and should have been offered a pay as you play deal. Will Gunn be able to find enough bodies in the close season to strengthen our woefully thin squad? I very much doubt it.

We never really saw the best of him, hes obviously talented as hes gone for serious money in the past, but sums up his career. Just really injury prone, would have probably done a job for us in L1, but with constant fitness issues and money so tight was probably bit too much of a risk keeping him on for another year. Good luck to him

GOOD TO SEE WE''RE MAKING PROGRESS!

Don''t blame Cort for having a try but at the end of the day he was never going to have the fitness required to be of any use in the Championship nor I''d suspect League 1!

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]What about Cureton i suppose he gets to stay as he is Gunnys buddy , pathetic.
[/quote]

Good to see that you''re not allowing your anti Gunn obsession to cloud your judgement and prevent you from being constructive !

[IMG]http://www.canaries.co.uk/javaImages/cd/2e/0,,10355~5385933,00.jpg[/IMG]Bye Carl. The Cort/Cureton combo was one which excited me this season just past. To lose you, is like losing a limb. You are 6 foot 4, but you couldn''t head the ball. Despite this, I admired your combo with Jamie Lad. To know that this combo will never happen again, devastates me.All my love,Mr. Bump x

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]No surprise there, in fact I''d almost forgot he was still with us. It was a huge risk by Roeder for bringing in someone so injury-prone. Despite his goal record, I didn''t think he did that badly for us overall in the games that he played, but his fitness, or lack of it, was always going to be an issue. He certainly was nowhere near as rubbish as Peter ''The Statue'' Thorne.

I wish him the best of luck in finding another club, he''s gonna need it with his injury problems. It wouldn''t surprise me if he calls it a day now.
[/quote]

He wasn''t a risk at all on a pay as you play deal.

[quote user="Victor Segura"]

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]No surprise there, in fact I''d almost forgot he was still with us. It was a huge risk by Roeder for bringing in someone so injury-prone. Despite his goal record, I didn''t think he did that badly for us overall in the games that he played, but his fitness, or lack of it, was always going to be an issue. He certainly was nowhere near as rubbish as Peter ''The Statue'' Thorne.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes he was, a risk that he would considerably hinder the team coz he was so S**t. A very likely occurance that.

Either his fitness is such that he won''t play again - in which case Gunn is being a little disingenuous to say we hope he finds another club - or we''ve got other options up front. Alan Lee, come on down?

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]What about Cureton i suppose he gets to stay as he is Gunnys buddy , pathetic.[/quote]

Good to see that you''re not allowing your anti Gunn obsession to cloud your judgement and prevent you from being constructive !

[/quote]Lol I was waiting for someone to slag Gunn off - obviously Cort is our best player so I can understand you all getting upsetAs for the Cureton theory- if you replace the C with a G in the name Cureton and drop a few more letters and add another N on the end it spells - GUNN - something very fishy there!No doubt Gunn the manager will play his namesake week in week out - just to get his own name on the team sheet! - Pathetic

Damn it. I was going to use the letters of CROFT on my shirt, and remove the F so I could have made CORT instead.[:|]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NC"]

[/quote]

There were 10 in the bed, and gunn said "roll over , roll over!!"

[/quote]They sure listened to Gunn at charlton and rolled over !!!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Victor Segura"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes he was, a risk that he would considerably hinder the team coz he was so S**t. A very likely occurance that.

[/quote]

Sir Bobby Robson thought he was so S**t that he paid £7M for him ...... personally I would rather agree with Sir Bobby''s judgement than yours ... against Bristol City he was head and shoulders above anybody on the pitch.

But it is still right that he should go because of his injury problems ..... pay as you play doesn''t really work as you never get a settled side.

felt he was poor when he started but improved when he got some games, but makes sense to offload him, lee would be much better

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Victor Segura"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sir Bobby Robson thought he was so S**t that he paid £7M for him ...... personally I would rather agree with Sir Bobby''s judgement than yours ... against Bristol City he was head and shoulders above anybody on the pitch.

But it is still right that he should go because of his injury problems ..... pay as you play doesn''t really work as you never get a settled side.

[/quote]

Yeah. Because Carl Cort really excelled at Newcastle to justify his 7 million price tag... many injuries and many years later, after being released from a poor spanish side, his ''talent'' has obviously considerably dropped.

[quote user="Victor Segura"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But a ''pay as you play deal'' isnt exactly what it says on the tin...... A ''Pay as you play'' deal should actually be a ''Pay when you are fit'' deal.

As such, if he was injured for a month, got fit, and then couldnt get back in the team....... we would still be paying him.