Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Southampton

Makes you wonder where all the "investors" they attracted when they went into administration have disappeared to.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Makes you wonder where all the "investors" they attracted when they went into administration have disappeared to.[/quote]

Carrow Road [;)]

I think 20 potential investors was the figure being quoted on here wasn''t it?And yes, not to worry, ''someone will always step in to save a club'' - I said when they finally (sorry when the parent company finally) went into administration that we could be on the verge of witnessing a club going under but I was told someone will always step in...These are dark times for football in this country anywhere below the Promised Land.

This is from today''s Southampton Daily Echo. Not looking at all good. This has being going on for almost two months now and no firm, credible offer has yet been made.

Mystery group waiting in wings for possible Southampton takeover

12:07pm Monday 18th May 2009

comment Comments (30)   Have your say »

A MYSTERY overseas group could be poised to make a dramatic 11th hour bid for control of Saints.

The Echo understands that the consortium are waiting in the wings if the Matt Le Tissier-backed Pinnacle bid fails to meet administrator Mark Fry’s deadline extension today.

Your Vote

Are you worried there''s no deal for Saints yet?

We revealed last Wednesday that an overseas group had made contact with Pinnacle’s Tony Lyeham a few days earlier with a view to possibly combining funds.

But it is now believed the group are keen to take control of the financially- stricken club by themselves

I think this underlines once and for all, there are no wihte knights out there at present.  We have to work with what we''ve got unforutnately.  Look at Foulger''s comments along the lines of a little bit here, and a little bit there, when asked about future investment in Norwich!  NO QUICK FIX.

Does anyone know for sure when they have to have a new owner by?Is it the day fixtures are announced (mid-June) or is it the day the season kicks off? And surely someone would have to come up from League Two to make up the numbers (and so on down the leagues)?

It''d be quite a sight if Portsmouth helped out a bit, maybe with a donation or something. Yes, there is a rivalry but I bet fans would miss the local derbies in the long term.

[quote user="LQ"]Does anyone know for sure when they have to have a new owner by?Is it the day fixtures are announced (mid-June) or is it the day the season kicks off? And surely someone would have to come up from League Two to make up the numbers (and so on down the leagues)?

[/quote]I think I''m right in saying that when Ranson took over Coventry, he was allowed extra time after "the 11th hour" to complete the negotiation.  Which doesn''t really help Southampton if they genuinely don''t have a mu- er, sorry, investor lined up...

But when Ranson took over at Cov that was to stop them going into administration wasn''t it? A slightly different scenario and half way through the season.Maybe Southampton are wishing they''d accepted his advances in their direction first?

[quote user="LQ"]But when Ranson took over at Cov that was to stop them going into administration wasn''t it? A slightly different scenario and half way through the season.Maybe Southampton are wishing they''d accepted his advances in their direction first?

[/quote]Good point, but I''d imagine that whoever is doing the winding up will appreciate that creditors are likely to get more out of a going concern than an auction of seats from the stadium, and will give a couple of days grace if needed.  I would imagine that they would be very happy for a Ranson now.  They were linked with Paul Allen last season, former number 2 of Microsoft.  Where is he now that they are scheduled to play  Carlisle and Wycombe ?

If Saints fold completely, I will give a large amount of my money to charity because it ain''t gonna happen!!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]If Saints fold completely, I will give a large amount of my money to charity because it ain''t gonna happen!!
[/quote]

Bumpy.........send ya money to Break Charity!

[quote user="LQ"]Does anyone know for sure when they have to have a new owner by?Is it the day fixtures are announced (mid-June) or is it the day the season kicks off? And surely someone would have to come up from League Two to make up the numbers (and so on down the leagues)?

[/quote]I believe it''s similar to the Darlington situation, if they go bust before 23rd June (which I believe is the offical end of the season) then the team in the last relegation place stays up, if they go bust after 23rd June the league starts with 1 less team.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="LQ"]Does anyone know for sure when they have to have a new owner by?Is it the day fixtures are announced (mid-June) or is it the day the season kicks off? And surely someone would have to come up from League Two to make up the numbers (and so on down the leagues)?

[/quote]I believe it''s similar to the Darlington situation, if they go bust before 23rd June (which I believe is the offical end of the season) then the team in the last relegation place stays up, if they go bust after 23rd June the league starts with 1 less team.[/quote]Is that also the case with the championship ?

I do wonder how much longer they can keep southampton going for as if they cant find a buyer before the new season they surely cant carry on.

I dont know if anyone else has seen but Darlington are in a really bad situation. I think they have laid off all but two players and also the majority of the the coaching staff have been made redundant aswell. I have to say wouldnt be suprised if they go under as cant see anyone buying it having to fund a whole new squad and management team and also having to pay loads to run that huge stadium.

I have said for a few years it is only a matter of time before a football league club folds and unfortunately I would not at all be suprised if that happens during the next few months.

And Portsmouth are about to be foreclosed by their South African bankers (who they owe £37million to) at the final whistle next weekend. All despite their current mu... sorry, investor, having put around £90million into the club in three years and who is willing to take a £40million hit on his erm...investment.But no worries. Someone will always come in to save a club...

I''d be very surprised if at least one club didn''t go bust and fold over the summer.

The current financial situation in the world makes it inevitable, i''m afraid!

I cannot see them going under, too much money on the south coast for them not to find a buyer.  Think Le Tissier will be involved in some capacity, as the administrators would have formally ended the negotiations if they thought they were not going anywhere.