Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Doesnt the fact that...

the board are asking for ''continued investor '' rather than a buyer prove that they are not willing to give their toy up? (source ncfc statement to ncisa)

If the board were absolutely serious about getting a new buyer they would cut the ''continued investment'' crap and simply state that they are looking for a buyer?

I havent seen anywhere where they''ve said the plan is to look for a buyer... anyone care to prove me wrong? I''d love to be [Y]

A buyer im guessing would buy existing shares therefore not actually benefitting the club financially initially, a continued investor would buy new shares therefore benefitting the club financially. That''s just a guess mind...

If there is a buyer out there we have got lots to offer as a football club(25,000 a week full up stands,nice ground,top training facilities). The fact is we have a old lady owner who knows this is her last toy of fame and shes not letting go. She justs want other people to spend their money on her toy and nothing is gonna change. Sad but true

Where does that statement rule out looking for a buyer?  The "continuing investment" bit surely refers to the fact that the club is a long-term thing (over 100 years to date) and will inevitably keep requiring more money down the years, so they are looking for investors (which as they have previously stated does not preclude a buyer if the figures talked about are significant enough) who are prepared to keep putting money into the club rather than just hoping to grab shares/control for a one-off payment while not planning on putting in any more in the future.

Why would they ''just'' state that they are looking for a buyer?  That might rule out potential donors who do not want or have the resources for overall control.

And they have said on plenty of occassions that they would be thrilled to sell to a suitable buyer, including as recently as the other week.

[quote user="mr carra"]

Where does that statement rule out looking for a buyer?  The "continuing investment" bit surely refers to the fact that the club is a long-term thing (over 100 years to date) and will inevitably keep requiring more money down the years, so they are looking for investors (which as they have previously stated does not preclude a buyer if the figures talked about are significant enough) who are prepared to keep putting money into the club rather than just hoping to grab shares/control for a one-off payment while not planning on putting in any more in the future.

[/quote]

They are looking for more than that.  It would be simplicity itself for a potential buyer to say "yes of course I''ll keep investing" but it wouldn''t mean anything. 

They have stated that they are looking for a commitment to future investment.  I very much doubt whether in practice they could force a new owner into any sort of binding commitment, and certainly no new owner would dream of agreeing to it.

I think it''s more likely that they''re not really looking for a buyout at all, but an investor like the Turners who will pump in a couple of million a season to keep the club afloat, keep the present owners in control and protect their majority shareholding.  Dream on . . .

[quote user="timncfc"]If there is a buyer out there[/quote]Big if.There isn''t.Who in their right mind would invest in a football club in the current economic climate?