Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

So we can rule out Lee and Shackell then

And so the pressure and blackmail starts. "with a little more money" oh would that be the rebate by any chance?

your right butler ... the old blackmail trick.

if you dont ask for a rebate , we will bring in both theese players , you can read between the lines on that one , well spotted .

I posted this yesterday afternoon on another site, and sad to see thats more or less what they have done, (highlighted in red)The thought that rebate would be given automatically is wrong,  but

will need to be applied for, a letter giving details of how to claim

either 20 per cent for tickets purchased before the first deadline of

February 28, or 10 per cent after the deadline. will be sent out by the

end of this month.How this will effect those of us on the clubs

Direct Debit scheme I am not sure, but I would guess that it will mean

a lower payment rate will be calculated for the rest of the term.  We

held a snap poll a while ago asking what you would do with your rebate,

allow the club to keep that amount or claim yours back, the result was

a resounding vote for claiming it back.  Since then other ideas have

been put forward if the money could be channelled into the clubs

Academy or into the coffers of the Norwich City Supporters Trust

enabling the buying of more shares.Whichever way supporters

decide to go, it should be one of personal choice, it is realised that

the club could be forced into finding something in the region of

£500,000-plus, should everyone of the ticket holders decide on claiming

the rebate. A thought that will be on the minds of many fans, as the

club is already treading a fine line with regurads to it''s  finances.I

personally hope that we don''t the board of directors, saying something

like: A substantial amount of the money has to be channelled back to

the supporters because of the rebate, meaning that the budgets for this

coming season will have to reflect this change.  In other

words you take your money back, then Bryan Gunn has an even smaller

budget for his transfers.  That I am almost sure would amount to a type

of blackmail, putting guilt on each and every supporter who intends to

make their claim; this would also split the fan base a little more than

what they have already done by their other actions.
 I

am unsure of how I feel, I was confident of having my money back 100%,

but those doubts of having a personal responsibility of placing the

club in even more trouble weighs heavy in my mind, but couldn''t that be

just what the Board are relying on ?  Again  taking for granted once

again the terrific supporters that the club has.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

I personally hope that we don''t the board of directors, saying something like: A substantial amount of the money has to be channelled back to the supporters because of the rebate, meaning that the budgets for this coming season will have to reflect this change. 

In other words you take your money back, then Bryan Gunn has an even smaller budget for his transfers.  That I am almost sure would amount to a type of blackmail, putting guilt on each and every supporter who intends to make their claim; this would also split the fan base a little more than what they have already done by their other actions.

I am unsure of how I feel, I was confident of having my money back 100%, but those doubts of having a personal responsibility of placing the club in even more trouble weighs heavy in my mind, but couldn''t that be just what the Board are relying on ?  Again  taking for granted once again the terrific supporters that the club has.[/quote]

kenny you can still decide to spend the money in the club shop if you so choose

the point of asking for a rebate is to send the board a message

unfortunately, failing to ask for a rebate also sends them an equally powerful message

Take your rebate and spend it on yourself.

If you give it to the club they will either waste it on crap or it will just disappear into the blackhole that is the club''s finances.

It''s the only way to get things changed.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]I posted this yesterday afternoon on another site, and sad to see thats more or less what they have done, (highlighted in red)

The thought that rebate would be given automatically is wrong,  but will need to be applied for, a letter giving details of how to claim either 20 per cent for tickets purchased before the first deadline of February 28, or 10 per cent after the deadline. will be sent out by the end of this month.

How this will effect those of us on the clubs Direct Debit scheme I am not sure, but I would guess that it will mean a lower payment rate will be calculated for the rest of the term.

We held a snap poll a while ago asking what you would do with your rebate, allow the club to keep that amount or claim yours back, the result was a resounding vote for claiming it back.  Since then other ideas have been put forward if the money could be channelled into the clubs Academy or into the coffers of the Norwich City Supporters Trust enabling the buying of more shares.

Whichever way supporters decide to go, it should be one of personal choice, it is realised that the club could be forced into finding something in the region of £500,000-plus, should everyone of the ticket holders decide on claiming the rebate. A thought that will be on the minds of many fans, as the club is already treading a fine line with regurads to it''s  finances.

I personally hope that we don''t the board of directors, saying something like: A substantial amount of the money has to be channelled back to the supporters because of the rebate, meaning that the budgets for this coming season will have to reflect this change. 

In other words you take your money back, then Bryan Gunn has an even smaller budget for his transfers.  That I am almost sure would amount to a type of blackmail, putting guilt on each and every supporter who intends to make their claim; this would also split the fan base a little more than what they have already done by their other actions.

I am unsure of how I feel, I was confident of having my money back 100%, but those doubts of having a personal responsibility of placing the club in even more trouble weighs heavy in my mind, but couldn''t that be just what the Board are relying on ?  Again  taking for granted once again the terrific supporters that the club has.[/quote]

Surely it''s the boards job to get us out of this mess they''ve got us into, I don''t see why any fan should be made to feel guilty about claiming their rebate. If everyone took their rebate it wouldn''t be enough to send the club into admin but it would certainly send a strong message that many people have had enough. The club are out of order for not automatically refunding the money anyway imo, it should be refunded and then left up to the individual as to whether they decide to contact the club and give it back.

I personally think that season ticket renewals should be done after the season has ended anyway, at least that way everyone would know what their getting for their money and we wouldn''t have any of this rebate rubbish.

I will take my rebate (even though it will be in the form of a direct debit) as a means of compenstaion.

Compensation for the following:

2x Ticket to Charlton Athletic vs. Norwich City Championship Football Match - £50.00

1x Central London hotel room for 1 night - £85.00

1x Petrol - £40.00

2x Evening Meal - £40.00

Taxi Fare, Parking, Food & drinks at the Valley and during the journey - £20.00

Total Spend for a weekend totally runied by the abject and pathetic performance at The Valley - £235.00

Season ticket rebate to which I am entitled as the team I will be watching is playing at a lower standard than for which I have already commited to pay Ticket  £366.00 - 20% = £73.20

By my calculations this leaves me out of pocket to the tune of £161.80 - none of which I would have spent had I not been to that game.

So by my reasoning I am perfectly entitled to my rebate and will claim it without a seccond thought.

I agree with KD on this but haveing said that, waiting fo r the season to end before renewing to start would that not put an end to the 12 month D D payments

What this also worrying suggests is even the likes of Alan Lee, an EXTREMELY average footballer is out of our reach.

I hope the people who believe we can get back up with a few kids and old dogs have more than blind faith backing them up.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]The Smiths are incapable of running this club , leave them in charge much longer there will be no Norwich City .
[/quote]

Why do you bother posting on here. It doesn''t matter what the topic is, every post of your''s is the same boring tripe. We all know changes are needed without you telling us in every post

[quote user="jbghost"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]The Smiths are incapable of running this club , leave them in charge much longer there will be no Norwich City .[/quote]

Why do you bother posting on here. It doesn''t matter what the topic is, every post of your''s is the same boring tripe. We all know changes are needed without you telling us in every post

[/quote] Same reason you post your pathetic Delia drivel in every post , why do you bother , wankers like you are killing the club why dont you do one.

I am not surprised that there is not enough money available for Shax and Lee. Even if their present clubs are prepared to accept slightly less than they paid for them quite recently, they have got to worth at least £1m between them.Adding together the fees for Marshall, and Clingan and Hooly, plus the add on from the success of Peterborough, I would be surprised if we received much more than that. There is no way we shall get the £2m or £3m quoted for Clingan a few months ago. Other clubs know we are desperate to get them off the wage bill, and I would expect Clingan to go for much less. We have no leverage in our fire sale.In the end, the question may become, "Which of Shax and Lee will be more useful?"

[quote user="The Butler"]And so the pressure and blackmail starts. "with a little more money" oh would that be the rebate by any chance?[/quote]

couldnt agree more!

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]

Its called Blackmail mate, with a chuffing big B![:@]

I doubt we''ll see Shackell here next season. Admittedly it was the day after relegation and he hadn''t had time to really consider where he wants to be, but at the Open Day me, my mate and some random guy we spoke to caught him as he was walking past the barclay with Russel. We asked what the chances of him staying were and he simply replied "very slim now".

However, I hope he''s changed his mind, and has an offer put forward here, so he can return. But it doesn''t seem at all likely, especially when he could have a shot at premiership football with wolves next season.

Lee, on the other hand, seems more likely as he''s made it clear on many occasions that he wants to remain here. However, Palace are bound to want some of the £600,000 that they paid scum for him. So whether he comes here is probably going to be down to finances more than anything.

Of course, I hope that both remain next season. It was clear at Charlton, especially from Lee''s reaction, that they were some of the only players who cared.

its easy, who do we want more and then put the money into that player instead of both? and use the rest to buy a cheaper centre half with potential to get better

well I reckon Alan Lee any day

[quote user="ACE"]

What this also worrying suggests is even the likes of Alan Lee, an EXTREMELY average footballer is out of our reach.

I hope the people who believe we can get back up with a few kids and old dogs have more than blind faith backing them up.

[/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing. It all seems a little too worrying at the moment, we hardly own any of our own players and what players we do have won''t be leaving for a huge amount of money. So, if we cannot afford an average aging forward who can we afford?? we have to basically start from scratch and according to Gunn we need our own players.............we are in deep sh*t