Sign in to follow this  
newboy

Supporters group ...............are you sure !

I would hope not. I''d rather it be spent by those that run the club in way they see fit. If that means spending it on a refurb of the restaurant that makes a profit every year and turns funds that the bank will not allow to be spent on players into money they will.... then so be it

Its not as easy as just spend it were you''d like to.

Ever run a business?

Football is the business that should come first. Look where catering got us! Yes it brings in some income but bottom line is we are a FOOTBALL team not a catering company!

and in relation to your question.Yes.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newboy"]

Really dont understand a so called supporters group asking for all fans to claim the rebate due after relegation, i fully understand that times are hard and that a lot of people will claim it back on that principle but to openly urge people to claim it back to spite the club i find unacceptable.

We are all aware what a mess the club is in on and off the pitch, but to deprive it of a reported 500k is madness, irrespective of you feelings to Delia and co or the appointment of Mr Gunn this really isnt what the club needs at this moment in time, if you think that there will be any major changes behind the scenes before the season starts you are going to be very dissapointed, lets get behind the club in every way possible and i cant think of a better way to show your support than to not claim the rebate.

[/quote]Er - no.  Let me make it easy for you.1. The club offered the rebate if we got relegated.  It was an agreed strategy by the board.2. We got relegated, so we''re entitled to the rebate.3. The question is not whether we want to "claim" the rebate - it''s ours by right, as offered by the club. 4. The question is whether, on top of the cost of a season ticket for next year, we want to give an extra £40-80 to the club on the off-chance they won''t squander it as they did the parachute payments and the Sky TV money.5. I don''t want to give them any more money than I have to.6. I am keeping my season ticket.7.  I am claiming my rebate.8. End of.

[/quote]

All true Mr Chops but on the other hand you now have a supporters group "helping" the less decided with their decision.[:D]

[/quote]Interesting.  Do you have a problem with a supporter''s group recommending a course of action?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="newboy"]

Really dont understand a so called supporters group asking for all fans to claim the rebate due after relegation, i fully understand that times are hard and that a lot of people will claim it back on that principle but to openly urge people to claim it back to spite the club i find unacceptable.

We are all aware what a mess the club is in on and off the pitch, but to deprive it of a reported 500k is madness, irrespective of you feelings to Delia and co or the appointment of Mr Gunn this really isnt what the club needs at this moment in time, if you think that there will be any major changes behind the scenes before the season starts you are going to be very dissapointed, lets get behind the club in every way possible and i cant think of a better way to show your support than to not claim the rebate.

[/quote]

You havent read the story proparly!!! the money will go to the supporters trust, which will buy shares to get a supporter on the board!
[/quote]

No, that is not what the NCISA statement said.

[quote user="newboy"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]Er - no.  Let me make it easy for you.1. The club offered the rebate if we got relegated.  It was an agreed strategy by the board.2. We got relegated, so we''re entitled to the rebate.3. The question is not whether we want to "claim" the rebate - it''s ours by right, as offered by the club. 4. The question is whether, on top of the cost of a season ticket for next year, we want to give an extra £40-80 to the club on the off-chance they won''t squander it as they did the parachute payments and the Sky TV money.5. I don''t want to give them any more money than I have to.6. I am keeping my season ticket.7.  I am claiming my rebate.8. End of.[/quote]

Not sure how you managed to drag that out to 8 points !

My point was i dont think any supporters group should be trying to encourage fans on a  voluntary decision, 

[/quote]Why not? It''s what groups do - recommending a course of action.  The board will encourage supporters to donate the rebate back to the club - is that okay in your world?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]You havent read the story proparly!!! the money will go to the supporters trust, which will buy shares to get a supporter on the board! [/quote]

No, that is not what the NCISA statement said.

[/quote]Absolutely the statement does not say that, the inference is that we should claim our rebate to make a point, i,ve always been a supporter of the ncisa but this seems like playground stuff, at least had there been some collective suggestion as to how we could better use this money for the good of the club there would have been some substance to the idea.

I''d tell you how the club could have saved some money over the rebate.

MAKE IT AUTOMATIC!

It was a promise, part of the contract, simple as that.

When you have someone sell you a service, and you are unhappy with that service, do you pay that provider more money to try and put it right or do you expect them to put it right for free?

If you don''t take this approach I''d like to sell you my crappy old car for £5000 and when it breaks down don''t come running to me - you can just p*ss off.

WAKE UP!

People are fed up to the back teeth of the way our club is being run and the ONLY way that we''ll stop arguing is for D & MWJ to go.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Er - no.  Let me make it easy for you.

1. The club offered the rebate if we got relegated.  It was an agreed strategy by the board.

2. We got relegated, so we''re entitled to the rebate.

3. The question is not whether we want to "claim" the rebate - it''s ours by right, as offered by the club.

4. The question is whether, on top of the cost of a season ticket for next year, we want to give an extra £40-80 to the club on the off-chance they won''t squander it as they did the parachute payments and the Sky TV money.

5. I don''t want to give them any more money than I have to.

6. I am keeping my season ticket.

7.  I am claiming my rebate.

8. End of.

[/quote]

All true Mr Chops but on the other hand you now have a supporters group "helping" the less decided with their decision.[:D]

[/quote]

Interesting.  Do you have a problem with a supporter''s group recommending a course of action?
[/quote]

Not if they had recommended a course of action, no. 

What the NCISA statement actually said was:

"In relation to the vote on the club''s rebate scheme, NCISA are recommending all fans to apply for the rebate. They acknowledged suggestions from the public meeting that some supporters may want to receive the rebate and then individually earmark it for the benefit of the club in other ways, such as making donations to the supporters trust or the youth academy. However, NCISA''s committee felt this should be a matter for individuals."

NCISA can''t tell anyone how to spent the rebate.

As has been pointed pit many times on this thread, the rebate was part of the deal if we went down. So all buying season tickets should get it. Automatically.

And don''t come out with all that bleeding heart stuff about claiming the rebate meaning that the club won''t be able to buy players/pay wages. We are selling players - that will buy a few more, and one of the reasons we pay less for a season ticket in League 1 is because players'' wages are lower.

[quote user="old yellow bird"]What the NCISA statement actually said was: "some supporters may want to receive the rebate and then individually earmark it for the benefit of the club in other ways, such as making donations to the supporters trust or the youth academy. However, NCISA''s committee felt this should be a matter for individuals." [/quote]

I think the very fact that we drew attention to the suggestions was meant to help sorry old journalists realise what the story line was. Thankfully Archant managed it, proving they are sharper than some of the region''s journalists!

I spoke at St Andrews Hall and said I personally favoured the Trust, a fellow committee member favours the Academy.  I am sure that just us two demonstrate the differing views of fans.

So who could tell anyone who needs the money what to do with it? Certainly not NCISA but we can remind people (assuming the journalist is alert enough to pick it up) of some proactive options.

Oh dear, another load of over aplogetic drivel from a club employee.

You should be happy that NCISA are so nice and have not issued a more damning verdict.

There are many fans out there who are no going to be happy with NCISA calling it wrong again with their comments that they do not agree with the Gunn decision but would hope that all fans will get behind him.  What the club does not need at this time is utter idiots like you prepared to reward yet more failure.

[quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

If you bother to read the NCISA statement properly, they do not object to fans spending the refund in other ways eg. merchandise, that will benefit the club.

I am right behind NCISA on this.  Judging by the club''s record in recent seasons there''s no guarantee that they would spend money on players; we have long since ceased to be a club with any desire to compete in the real world of football.  It would send a much needed message to the board that they can''t keep on taking the fans for granted and failing to deliver on their side of the bargain. 

They promised a refund at season ticket renewal time, well now it''s time for them to put your money where their mouth is.

What ever happened to Prudence? If they can''t afford to do it, it seems like the club took one almighty GAMBLE by offering the rebate in the first place. Now they are like the guy who self-excluded from William Hills, gambled £2m, then tried to sue William Hills for a refund!

They should be giving out the rebates automatically. All they have done is make themselves a huge raft of expensive paperwork and will still end up rebating to most Season Ticket holders anyway. I wouldn''t be surprised if they made a loss on the whole process either.

IBA wrote:

"I would hope not. I''d rather it be spent by those that run the club in way they see fit. If that means spending it on a refurb of the restaurant that makes a profit every year and turns funds that the bank will not allow to be spent on players into money they will.... then so be it

Ever run a business?"

There is absolutely no evidence that overall these activities are freeing up money for the team.  The evidence is to the contrary- we could only afford to spend 10% of our income in `08 on the team because of ridiculous non-player wage costs.  If you know anything about business you`ll realise that you can`t just implement an idea then watch the cash roll in, it is never as simple as that- otherwise we could all just rake it in investing cash in any company we take a shine to.  Sometimes these ideas work, sometimes they don`t, ours clearly haven`t.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

If you bother to read the NCISA statement properly, they do not object to fans spending the refund in other ways eg. merchandise, that will benefit the club.

[/quote]

Thats Big of them, thankyou you for not objecting to us spending our money at the club, saves me trying to find a phone number from a member to ask permission,

NCISA and Supporters group..........................2 words that should never be used in the same sentence !  

The way the cook has killed this club they are lucky to have 18,000 mugs buying season tickets because the best thing for this club would be for everybody to cancel and get rid of the cancer once and for all .

[quote user="Grif"]Definitely agree, stinks of desperation to me by NCISA. They havent really thought it through enough. Yes we''re in need of change and yes it''s perhaps time for drastic action now. But trying to deny the club the chance to get much needed funds seems ridiculous to me.[/quote]

So what makes you think the Stowmarket Two will change without some financial pressure?

What is ridiculous is for the club to make an offer to induce fans to renew (early compared to say Charlton) and then bleat on about the rebate. Nobody forced the club to offer the rebate.  Can you imagine Marks & Spencer or another retailer, saying sorry we have had a bad time this year can you give us £20?

Division 3 (old money) prices for Division 3 football!

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Good idea, give the clowns running the club yet another 500k to spend in areas that do nothing to help the team. As has been said before it''s an individuals choice as to what they do with the rebate but if enough people decide to claim the rebate back it will send a clear message to the board that we have had enough of their incompetence.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="Metatron"]i haven''t decided about the rebate yet but bear this in mind: £500k works out at a year''s wages for 2-3 half-decent players in League One and we have a pretty threadbare squad as it is.[/quote]

Even without the rebate money I suspect that we might  have a player budget of around £4m next season, which will be big by Division 3 (old money) standards. However claiming the rebate back will send a message to the board that the fans are not happy.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

The board offered the discount in a desperate bid to get fans to renew their STs despite the prospect of relegation and the consequent loss of players and quality of football (albeit quality and NCFC appears to be an oxymoron these days).

Now they want the suckers to forget all about this little ploy. NCISA qute correctly have advised fans not to fall for this tawdry little con-trick. The board are solely responsible for our club''s demise and are not to be trusted with yet more of the fan''s money.

As for the idea that the rebate should be used to buy shares and get a fan''s representative on te board - what utter tosh. The Wynn-Jonses own Norwich City Football Catering. They alone will decide who sits on the board and not the overwhelming number of shareholders who happen to own a MINORITY shareholding between them. They don''t give a fig for what the fans think (hence Gunn''s permanent appointment) so why on earth would they want one of the peasants on the board?

[/quote]

Exactly! The share trust is so naive. A minority shareholding will not get you on the NCFC board unless Delia & MWJ want you on the board.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

You havent read the story proparly!!! the money will go to the supporters trust, which will buy shares to get a supporter on the board!
[/quote]

Personally I recommend people to buy shares direct from the club ONLY after changes have been made to the club that are to the fans satisifaction. Better to have the shares in YOUR name than the share trust.

I think the share trust are naive if they think a minority holding in this club will get them a seat on the board unless Delia & MWJ agree. In that case is the appointee a Yes person?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

IBA wrote:

"I would hope not. I''d rather it be spent by those that run the club in way they see fit. If that means spending it on a refurb of the restaurant that makes a profit every year and turns funds that the bank will not allow to be spent on players into money they will.... then so be it

Ever run a business?"

There is absolutely no evidence that overall these activities are freeing up money for the team.  The evidence is to the contrary- we could only afford to spend 10% of our income in `08 on the team because of ridiculous non-player wage costs.  If you know anything about business you`ll realise that you can`t just implement an idea then watch the cash roll in, it is never as simple as that- otherwise we could all just rake it in investing cash in any company we take a shine to.  Sometimes these ideas work, sometimes they don`t, ours clearly haven`t.

[/quote]

Re next season 2009-2010 I wouldn''t be surprised if  Â£4.5m is cut off the player budget initially  (£8.5m down to £4m) but player transfer receipts should be added to that £4m. AND £2m off the overheads (including the approx £0.6m on an annulaised basis,cut this season).