Sign in to follow this  
newboy

Supporters group ...............are you sure !

Really dont understand a so called supporters group asking for all fans to claim the rebate due after relegation, i fully understand that times are hard and that a lot of people will claim it back on that principle but to openly urge people to claim it back to spite the club i find unacceptable.

We are all aware what a mess the club is in on and off the pitch, but to deprive it of a reported 500k is madness, irrespective of you feelings to Delia and co or the appointment of Mr Gunn this really isnt what the club needs at this moment in time, if you think that there will be any major changes behind the scenes before the season starts you are going to be very dissapointed, lets get behind the club in every way possible and i cant think of a better way to show your support than to not claim the rebate.

Definitely agree, stinks of desperation to me by NCISA. They havent really thought it through enough. Yes we''re in need of change and yes it''s perhaps time for drastic action now. But trying to deny the club the chance to get much needed funds seems ridiculous to me.

Being fairly young, i''m far from the best person to attempt to explain the plans of the supporters group, but having heard it from one of the groups members, I strongly erge all considering what to do with their rebate to listen to what this supporters group have to say. It could spark the beggining of a long term change at Norwich City Football Club.

[quote user="Grif"]Definitely agree, stinks of desperation to me by NCISA. They havent really thought it through enough. Yes we''re in need of change and yes it''s perhaps time for drastic action now. But trying to deny the club the chance to get much needed funds seems ridiculous to me.[/quote]

Well it doesn''t to me ......they are not having my money to spend on corporate entertaining or  another new wicker chair set for the conservatory !

Forget the emotion it is a simple commercial transaction. You pay to watch a certain level of football and end up watching a lower level - that''s the deal. What you do with the money is up to you. If you feel better donating it to the club that is your choice.

[quote user="Grif"]Definitely agree, stinks of desperation to me by NCISA. They havent really thought it through enough. Yes we''re in need of change and yes it''s perhaps time for drastic action now. But trying to deny the club the chance to get much needed funds seems ridiculous to me.[/quote]I''ll be claiming my rebate don''t you worry, I think it is disgusting that we have to claim it in the first place anyway, it should be an automatic refund.  My rebate works out at £94, and I''ll find something else to do with that thank you very much.  The board do not deserve to be given this money, do you honestly think it will be spent in the way in which you want it to be?I can''t see how it is desperation on the NCISA''s part, the fact that the board ask us to claim it shows more desperation in my opinion.  NCISA see this as a way to show peoples disgust at the way the board have run things, and I am all for that.  What they have done to this club is unbelievable, and the inevitable relegation has been coming for the last few years, and unfortunately the buck stops with the board, and they have failed to deliver time and time again, so they forfeited the chance of keeping my rebate a long long time ago.

[quote user="barclay seats"]

[quote user="Grif"]Definitely agree, stinks of desperation to me by NCISA. They havent really thought it through enough. Yes we''re in need of change and yes it''s perhaps time for drastic action now. But trying to deny the club the chance to get much needed funds seems ridiculous to me.[/quote]

Well it doesn''t to me ......they are not having my money to spend on corporate entertaining or  another new wicker chair set for the conservatory !

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="newboy"]

Really dont understand a so called supporters group asking for all fans to claim the rebate due after relegation, i fully understand that times are hard and that a lot of people will claim it back on that principle but to openly urge people to claim it back to spite the club i find unacceptable.

We are all aware what a mess the club is in on and off the pitch, but to deprive it of a reported 500k is madness, irrespective of you feelings to Delia and co or the appointment of Mr Gunn this really isnt what the club needs at this moment in time, if you think that there will be any major changes behind the scenes before the season starts you are going to be very dissapointed, lets get behind the club in every way possible and i cant think of a better way to show your support than to not claim the rebate.

[/quote]

very true, plus..........

great use of font change ;)

[quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Good idea, give the clowns running the club yet another 500k to spend in areas that do nothing to help the team. As has been said before it''s an individuals choice as to what they do with the rebate but if enough people decide to claim the rebate back it will send a clear message to the board that we have had enough of their incompetence.

[quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Totally agree - These so called supporters group do not represent the mases. Yes we are in a division lower than we should but one day, for a season only i expect, we will be in the league above were we should and beating Man U 2 nil again!!!!

[quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]Mr Gunn. Eh?

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Totally agree - These so called supporters group do not represent the mases. Yes we are in a division lower than we should but one day, for a season only i expect, we will be in the league above were we should and beating Man U 2 nil again!!!!

[/quote]

increase the dose, the medicine''s still not working for you...I will be doing more than claiming my rebate, if HRH hasn''t gone the week before the season starts then i''m having my whole £366 back thank you, and as poor old Nigel doesn''t believe me I''m going to invite him to come down to the club with me and watch me do it. As I treat I will give him some pocket money to get "Nutty" printed on the back of his brand new City shirt..

[quote user="ncfcstar"] do you honestly think it will be spent in the way in which you want it to be?

[/quote]

I would hope not. I''d rather it be spent by those that run the club in way they see fit. If that means spending it on a refurb of the restaurant that makes a profit every year and turns funds that the bank will not allow to be spent on players into money they will.... then so be itIts not as easy as just spend it were you''d like to.Ever run a business?

i haven''t decided about the rebate yet but bear this in mind:

£500k works out at a year''s wages for 2-3 half-decent players in League One and we have a pretty threadbare squad as it is.

Of course, NCISA (of which I''m a member) hasn''t actually suggested that season ticket holders take the rebate and pocket it to "spite" the club, but why let facts get in the way of your agenda?

Had those of you piling onto the anti NCISA bandwagon actually attended the meeting you would have heard the very constructive suggestions put forward by the likes of Andy Larkin and the NCST about how the rebate could be used to increase the voice of supporters (the club''s customers)  while still giving the club funds. They would also heard a suggestion that season ticket holders cancel their tickets and pay on a per game basis, so putting MORE into the club. Of course, that would make the club subject to market forces( ie if you produce a crap product you lose customers), which would, of course, be totally unreasonable for a Public Limited Company. Equally we cannot possibly expect the controlling shareholders to take responsibility for repeated underperformance, much better to keep feeding them money.I wonder how many of you hypocrites sat in front of your tvs during the banking collapse dribbling with indignation at Goodwin keeping his obscenely large pension fund, because by your logic he should have got a pat on the back!

[quote user="|BA"][quote user="ncfcstar"] do you honestly think it will be spent in the way in which you want it to be?

[/quote]

I would hope not. I''d rather it be spent by those that run the club in way they see fit. If that means spending it on a refurb of the restaurant that makes a profit every year and turns funds that the bank will not allow to be spent on players into money they will.... then so be it

Its not as easy as just spend it were you''d like to.

Ever run a business?
[/quote/]

Fat lot of good the money that has already been invested in restuarants has done us so far, the profits that have been made have certainly not been invested in the team. The quickest way to make money in football is to progress further in the cup competitions and end up playing one of the big boys in a tv game which is something we haven''t done for to long now, a single cup run for example would net as much as the restuarants make in 3 or 4 years. As in any business you have to speculate to accumilate and as many of us realise the speculation has taken place in the wrong areas.

[quote user="Metatron"]i haven''t decided about the rebate yet but bear this in mind: £500k works out at a year''s wages for 2-3 half-decent players in League One and we have a pretty threadbare squad as it is.[/quote]

That would be all well and good if we knew that it would be spent on players but something tells me that it wouldn''t be.

newboy - What I would like is a team playing in the Championship and pushing for promotion to the Premiership, I find it totally unacceptable to find my team playing in League One next season, so what we would like and what we get are two different things, I think that by renewing my season ticket I am supporting my club..........

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Of course, NCISA (of which I''m a member) hasn''t actually suggested that season ticket holders take the rebate and pocket it to "spite" the club, but why let facts get in the way of your agenda?

Had those of you piling onto the anti NCISA bandwagon actually attended the meeting you would have heard the very constructive suggestions put forward by the likes of Andy Larkin and the NCST about how the rebate could be used to increase the voice of supporters (the club''s customers)  while still giving the club funds. They would also heard a suggestion that season ticket holders cancel their tickets and pay on a per game basis, so putting MORE into the club. Of course, that would make the club subject to market forces( ie if you produce a crap product you lose customers), which would, of course, be totally unreasonable for a Public Limited Company. Equally we cannot possibly expect the controlling shareholders to take responsibility for repeated underperformance, much better to keep feeding them money.I wonder how many of you hypocrites sat in front of your tvs during the banking collapse dribbling with indignation at Goodwin keeping his obscenely large pension fund, because by your logic he should have got a pat on the back!

[/quote]

With respect, Mr B, that is as much spin (from your point of view) as any spin offered by anyone else.  No, of course they did not suggest that this would be done out of spite but, as they say, "The Man on the Clapham Omnibus", might put two and two together and work out that if such a thing happened the football club might be deprived of money which might otherwise be spent on a new set of wicker chairs, a refurb of a Delia something or players. 

In fact that is the only "story line" in the whole statement.  I have no idea if it was done out of spite but it was done out of anger and if you hadn''t all been angry you would not have suggested it.  Boiled down: hurt the club financially.  Forget the qualifying statements.  Even Archant woke up to the story line.[:|]

[quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]Er - no.  Let me make it easy for you.1. The club offered the rebate if we got relegated.  It was an agreed strategy by the board.2. We got relegated, so we''re entitled to the rebate.3. The question is not whether we want to "claim" the rebate - it''s ours by right, as offered by the club. 4. The question is whether, on top of the cost of a season ticket for next year, we want to give an extra £40-80 to the club on the off-chance they won''t squander it as they did the parachute payments and the Sky TV money.5. I don''t want to give them any more money than I have to.6. I am keeping my season ticket.7.  I am claiming my rebate.8. End of.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Er - no.  Let me make it easy for you.

1. The club offered the rebate if we got relegated.  It was an agreed strategy by the board.

2. We got relegated, so we''re entitled to the rebate.

3. The question is not whether we want to "claim" the rebate - it''s ours by right, as offered by the club.

4. The question is whether, on top of the cost of a season ticket for next year, we want to give an extra £40-80 to the club on the off-chance they won''t squander it as they did the parachute payments and the Sky TV money.

5. I don''t want to give them any more money than I have to.

6. I am keeping my season ticket.

7.  I am claiming my rebate.

8. End of.

[/quote]

All true Mr Chops but on the other hand you now have a supporters group "helping" the less decided with their decision.[:D]

[quote user="Metatron"]i haven''t decided about the rebate yet but bear this in mind:

£500k works out at a year''s wages for 2-3 half-decent players in League One and we have a pretty threadbare squad as it is.[/quote]And £250K works out at approximately 14 years salary for the average worker in Norwich. I''m having my money back. The players can absorb the cost from their absorbent salaries. 

Here we go, fan vs fan, far from uniting supporters, Smith and the board have driven a wider wedge between the pro and anti lobbies.

Well done dear.

The board offered the discount in a desperate bid to get fans to renew their STs despite the prospect of relegation and the consequent loss of players and quality of football (albeit quality and NCFC appears to be an oxymoron these days).

Now they want the suckers to forget all about this little ploy. NCISA qute correctly have advised fans not to fall for this tawdry little con-trick. The board are solely responsible for our club''s demise and are not to be trusted with yet more of the fan''s money.

As for the idea that the rebate should be used to buy shares and get a fan''s representative on te board - what utter tosh. The Wynn-Jonses own Norwich City Football Catering. They alone will decide who sits on the board and not the overwhelming number of shareholders who happen to own a MINORITY shareholding between them. They don''t give a fig for what the fans think (hence Gunn''s permanent appointment) so why on earth would they want one of the peasants on the board?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

Er - no.  Let me make it easy for you.

1. The club offered the rebate if we got relegated.  It was an agreed strategy by the board.

2. We got relegated, so we''re entitled to the rebate.

3. The question is not whether we want to "claim" the rebate - it''s ours by right, as offered by the club.

4. The question is whether, on top of the cost of a season ticket for next year, we want to give an extra £40-80 to the club on the off-chance they won''t squander it as they did the parachute payments and the Sky TV money.

5. I don''t want to give them any more money than I have to.

6. I am keeping my season ticket.

7.  I am claiming my rebate.

8. End of.

[/quote]

Not sure how you managed to drag that out to 8 points !

My point was i dont think any supporters group should be trying to encourage fans on a  voluntary decision,  

1. end of. (sorry my 7 year old son added that) :-)

[quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]You havent read the story proparly!!! the money will go to the supporters trust, which will buy shares to get a supporter on the board!

Where is the leadership from supporter groups who just accept the current situation?

3rd division football next season.

A Board without new blood with fresh ideas.

A large club debt.

Nobody to deal with the day to day business of running the finance of the club.

NCISA''s suggestion does not deny the club money but many may wait to see if action follows the words to the Associate Directors.

NCISA suggests that all fans back Gunny and the team whatever one thought of his appointment.

Unity will only come from positive actions by the Board.