Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

I know people don't want to talk about croft but..........

As lincoln are now asking any potential buyer for Dany N''Guessan for a compensaion fee, or they will head to tribunal. Are we eligible to do this for Croft as he is still under 24.

I know he is 24 in june but surely if he is trying to sign before then we could ask at least half what we paid forhim back.

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

As lincoln are now asking any potential buyer for Dany N''Guessan for a compensaion fee, or they will head to tribunal. Are we eligible to do this for Croft as he is still under 24.

I know he is 24 in june but surely if he is trying to sign before then we could ask at least half what we paid forhim back.

[/quote]

No, only applies to home grown players.

oh ok thanks guys, i did actually think it was summit to do with home grown players as i remember a couple of years ago when lee cook wanted to leave watford for QPR it think and they made a big fuss cos he was only 22 or 23? It was just because they said in the N''Guessan story he started his pro career in France which is why i assumed he did not graduate from their academy.

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]oh ok thanks guys, i did actually think it was summit to do with home grown players as i remember a couple of years ago when lee cook wanted to leave watford for QPR it think and they made a big fuss cos he was only 22 or 23? It was just because they said in the N''Guessan story he started his pro career in France which is why i assumed he did not graduate from their academy.[/quote]

I thought it was any player under 24 personally, but in the case of Lee Croft it doesnt apply because he will be 24 when any contract starts. Im sure him and his agent is aware of that fact, hence the reason he hasnt already signed for anybody.