Sign in to follow this  
Punting Canary

Doncasters parting shot.....

Agree Barry, but what did you expect, the same old garbage as there was every time. Same old spin, same old fairy stories.

Be careful what you wish for eh? Er no, I wished for you to go Mr Doncaster and you went. So, thank you very much, I am frankly absolutely delighted. No one could be worse than you.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Mello, a suitable picture please?

I was naively beginning to wonder when Doncaster went, that it might have been because he disagreed with the managerial choice of Gunn or the way the club wanted to go forward under the majority shareholders.   His principles just appear to remain the same though (and I suspect, so do Munby''s) and I am quite glad he has gone.  I just fear that Delia and Michael will appoint a carbon copy in his place, making the whole issue of him and Munby going pointless.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Punting Canary"]

If you read my first line, and any other of the posts I have written about Doncaster you will see I am one of his biggest critics.  He reminds me of Alastair Cambpell and it doesn''t get much worse than that.  And in my opinion the performance of any business is determined by those that run it on a day to day basis, and for that Doncaster has to take the blame.  Compare Mr Doncaster to Gordon Bennett and you see what an incredible man we had before Doncaster took over.

Regarding the Turners, I have a number of friends whilst not high up in the club who do get to hear what is going on.  The reason they left was just a clash of business cultures with Delia and Micheal.  The family club, keeping prices down vs. running the club like a business, and relying on brand loyalty, and the non elasticity of demand of a football fan to squeeze more out of them. 

Would you be prepared to pay £40-£50 quid a ticket to watch Championship football?

[/quote]

If every penny was spent on buying players I would certainly be prepared to pay more for my ticket, I have long since felt that season tickets are far to cheap at this club. If each season ticket was a hundred pounds more I think they''d still be relatively cheap, I know there''s people who couldn''t afford to pay an extra hundred quid but to me the maths are all wrong when there is a shortfall in the money needed to run the club and the season tickets remain so cheap.

The main reason so many season tickets are sold is because they are so cheap, even Ipswich tickets are more expensive than ours and even though they sell less I''m sure their gate reciepts are higher because they also sell a lot more casual tickets which in turn are even more expensive.

[/quote]

But if the club were to raise ticket prices by a lot then fewer people would buy them so the club would be worse off. They would also sell less food & drink, merchandise, programmes etc. and advertisers would not pay as much to advertise to a smaller crowd. I think the club are right to keep prices low to attract as many people as possible.

In a parallel universe, those who would be affected by a change in ticket pricing at CR might have been canvassed for their opinions on a significant rise.

Unfortunately in this universe, those who actually buy the tickets, don''t find out there is even this option to put more money into the club. I don''t know what the Turners wanted, but I''m sure a significant rise would have been linked to a range of concessionary prices.

A bloke on the telly tonight talking about the shambles (otherwise known as the House of Commons) said "Information is power". It is indeed, and until the board choose to talk to the fans instead of patting us on the head the power will remain in the boardroom (otherwise known as the shambles).