Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Roeder or Clark ?

Do you think we would have gone down if Lee Clark had been manager ?

And yes, I do realise that he would have had the same players, but, would his man management skills have got more out of the squad ?

I don''t rate Clark as much as a lot of other members on this board, but i certainly believe he would of been far more capable than either Roeder or Gunn to be honest.He was a well respected figure amongst the players unlike Roeder, and had management ability, unlike Gunn.I can''t say whether we would or would not of gone down with him in charge exactly, but i certainly think we''d be far more capable of avoiding such a thing.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Do you think we would have gone down if Lee Clark had been manager ?

And yes, I do realise that he would have had the same players, but, would his man management skills have got more out of the squad ?

[/quote]

Look at what he has done at Huddersfield in a short period of time. He was the engine at Norwich and Rodent the Donkey.

I don''t think we would have been relegated with Roeder in charge. It may be controversial but at the end of the day I think his views on certain players were proved to be spot on, for example he didn''t rate Otsemobor and Russell.The quality of his loan signings were far superior to Gunns and I don''t think Roeder would have let Bell go without getting a better player in.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]I don''t think we would have been relegated with Roeder in charge. It may be controversial but at the end of the day I think his views on certain players were proved to be spot on, for example he didn''t rate Otsemobor and Russell.The quality of his loan signings were far superior to Gunns and I don''t think Roeder would have let Bell go without getting a better player in.[/quote]

Far superior loan signings? Bear in mind the timescale he had in comparison to Gunn.

Sibierski, Omozusi, Koroma? Really don''t agree on that.

I heard good things about Clark, and its noticeable that our form worsened considerably once he had gone.  I''m not sure he would have kept us up, but I would have felt more confident of him taking the reigns in League One than Bryan Gunn.

Lita instead of MooneyGrounds instead of LeijerOmosuzi instead of OtsemoborPattison instead of RussellRoeders first 19 games compared to Gunns were poles apart in terms of the quality of loan signings.

[quote user="Destort"][quote user="Lupo Loop"]I don''t think we would have been relegated with Roeder in charge. It may be controversial but at the end of the day I think his views on certain players were proved to be spot on, for example he didn''t rate Otsemobor and Russell.The quality of his loan signings were far superior to Gunns and I don''t think Roeder would have let Bell go without getting a better player in.[/quote]

Far superior loan signings? Bear in mind the timescale he had in comparison to Gunn.

Sibierski, Omozusi, Koroma? Really don''t agree on that.[/quote]Leijer, Carney...

Roeder , Clark or just about any other decent manager would have kept us up , but what did we do ? gave the job to somebody who was more qualified to flip burgers at MacDonalds , he relegates us and we give him another contract .Clubs a bloody laughing stock.

Exactly look at Blackpool they managed to avoid relegation and still sacked their caretaker manager. Not only that but they have drawn up a shortlist of 5 managers and I''d expect an announcement in the coming days. They are a small club but they are still better run than us.