Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

If the Club wnats my Season Ticket Rebate

Sorry?I''ve just spelt out for you the plain, basic facts of what it costs to watch League One football around the country and you throw out glib comments about retailers? What has that got to do with football?I also asked earlier if anyone on here really (be honest now!) bought their ST for 09/10 based solely on the fact that there would be a rebate if we were relegated. No-one has answered that either.

[quote user="LQ"]Actually they don''t sell season tickets that early compared to some other clubs.

Crystal Palace for example - start selling with the greatest discount in November and still a seat in their equivalent of the City Stand is about £60 more than ours. They also charge 18.9%APR if you want to pay by Direct Debit over ten months.

[/quote]

and West Brom charged £299 this season for premier league. spin it any way you can it''s not good value for money, the club doesn''t have a right to emotional blackmail and should honour the promise of a rebate, without people having to claim it. There isn''t a cat''s chance in hell of me not taking it whilst the current mob are in charge. Quite frankly anyone prepared to entrust more money to the spectacularly incompetent mob we are saddled with wants their head examining.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="LQ"]A quick bit of research shows these L1 casual prices for 08/09:Equivalent adult seat at:Elland Road - between £23 & £31 no concs.Swindon Town - £20Leyton Orient - £20Stockport County - £19Leicester - £23Huddersfield - £20Cheltenham Town - £18etc...[/quote]OK, so what is the price of League One football?The stuff in quotes (because all the facts are getting lost between people SHOUTING in big letters) was in response to whether it was likely that I''d be paying more with my full price ST than a casual ticket for next year. Based on what other clubs were charging last year I won''t (mine works out to about £16 per game).Now let''s look at how much it costs to watch League One football in as equivalent seats as they have at these other stadia (and we all know some of them are real dumps)...Elland Road -  waiting for info - not available onlineSwindon Town -  ST £305.20 casual £22Leyton Orient - ST £325 casual £22Stockport County - ST £322 casual £19Charlton Athletic - (changed from Leicester because it made sense!) ST £425 casual £25Huddersfield - ST £379 casual £22Cheltenham Town - ST £371 casual £20So my £377 seems fair to me.If I took my rebate of 20% that would mean that I''d be paying £301.60, the least of all these teams and would be in decent surroundings.Nope - I''m sticking with paying a decent rate and hoping it gives my team a chance to get back to the Championship asap ta!That is the fact of what it costs to watch League One football.

[/quote]What about my ticket which costs me, before rebate, £470?  £380 still seems a lot to me for League One football.....I completely agree with what Inchy was saying.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

LQ, when Smith and Jones finally sell the club(they will one day)and they are walking off with every penny they put into it and probably a bit more, do you think they''ll leave a cheque for £500,000 at the door and say give this back to the fans? You talk about the club like it was a local charity, it''s not, it''s a badly run multi-million pound business. 

They are the reason the club is in this state. Had they been more business savy when the club reached the premiership then the club would not be in it''s present state and needing to ask fans for money in return for nothing.

The prices you quote above are(baring Leicester and Leeds) for much smaller clubs who obviously have to charge more due to the smaller fan bases so that argument falls flat on it''s face. The Leeds and Leicester prices compare to our own.

I wish people would get this Little old Norwich thing out of their heads, as I said NCFC is a badly run multi-million pound business and not some charity sunday league team.

[/quote]

Post of the day Inch High, sock it to''em [Y]

I still feel with the taking back of the rebate NCFC are still getting a good deal from the fans. The prices you quote compare not too badly to NCFC I understand the Huddersfield stadia is fairly new so I would expect that to be the highest priced as for Cheltenham I''ll be honest and say I''m not sure why that is so high, the others compare quite well. I''m no longer a ST holder as I gave mine up at the end of last season(2007/8) because I wasn''t happy with the running of the club at that time as well as now. I do pay on a casual basis now but visit Carrow road more to show my grandson the odd game or two(well probably about 3/4 of last seasons home games) and am happy to continue to do so until such time that I am happy with how the club is being run.

It''s the little old Norwich thing that grates me the most, it is still a badly run multi-million pound business and not some little club in the local leagues.

[quote]It''s the little old Norwich thing that grates me the most, it is still

a badly run multi-million pound business and not some little club in

the local leagues.[/quote]No harm in setting yourself a target, eh Inchy [;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Well if you will sit in the posh seats...

[;)]

[/quote]I know you are trying to be funny, but you don''t really answer my query.  Because I pay more do I have more of a right in your eyes to keep my rebate, because using your justification for not receiving it, I do....And by the way, I don''t sit in the posh seats, those people get on my nerves every bloody week, when I am trying to get down to the bar to get a drink and they are heading up to munch on their prawn sandwiches.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]It''s the little old Norwich thing that grates me the most, it is still a badly run multi-million pound business and not some little club in the local leagues.[/quote]

No harm in setting yourself a target, eh Inchy [;)]
[/quote]

I went to Wiz''s house Blah and Wiz looked at his balls.[+o(]

Premier League Seson Ticket Prices - where 09/10 not known have put 08/09 price charged in brackets.

Arsenal    Â£855

Aston Villa   Â£295

Blackburn   TBC (£249)

Bolton    TBC (£299)

Chelsea   Â£660

Everton   Â£399

Fulham TBC (£299)

Hull   Â£380

Liverpool   Â£650

Man City   Â£388

Man Utd   Â£494

Middlesboro   Â£390

Newcastle   Â£300

Portsmouth   Â£500

Stoke   Â£334

Sunderland   Â£350

West Brom   TBC (£299)

Wigan TBC (£250)

Interestingly a number of the clubs are offering a prize freeeze for 09/10,or in the case of Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Portsmouth & Sunderland prices are even cheaper than last year. The more I consider my season ticket, the dearer it looks. Absolute min is I want my 20% back but even with the rebate £292 to watch div 1 with no prospect of signing any decent players, sorry I think a full refund is more likely, unless Delia, you would like to leave?

ncfcstar - I apologise for trying to be mildly lighthearted. Obviously

as I''ve said over the course of the last few days the choice is yours

isn''t it? I''ll make my own mind up as to what I choose to do, as will

you. No-one surely wants anybody telling them what to do - I have just

been explaining why I take the position I have.InchHigh - does anyone like the little old Norwich tag? I''ve never met a soul who does. And no, the football club is not a charity but neither is it like any other business is it? I''ve been involved with organisations to which one has an almost spiritual attachment before and have always been amazed at the lengths people will go to and the emotions they express for something inanimate (and I don''t mean Jon Otsemobor...) Again, I''ll do what I do and you do what you do. What matters is that we care.BarclayBoy - are those prices for equivalent seats? One thing to bear in mind when doing the PL comparison is that ST revenue is negligible compared to TV income and sponsorship up there in the gods. They can afford to subsidise - I don''t think we can.

[quote user="Big Bob"]Wow Aston Villa''s are very good. But arsenal £855 what the hell''s that all about.[/quote]That''s about trying to compete with Man Utd, and paying off a big expensive stadium, at a guess.

As an update I''ve just had an email back from Leeds saying that they haven''t decided on their pricing for next season yet.

LQ, in reply to your question, the potential of a rebate did get me to renew our 2 STs early on - to get the maximum rebate if - as seemed highly likely - we were relegated.

And, although those who sit around me in the River End Upper are well known for being silent - and therefore dead - this was the reason for many making the effort to renew early.

Comparing prices at other clubs is interesting - but doesn''t affect the fact that I want to watch Norwich City - not Cheltenham or Aston Villa. I also want to pay a price that reflects the fact that I am watching L1 and not the Championship.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

LQ, when Smith and Jones finally sell the club(they will one day)and they are walking off with every penny they put into it and probably a bit more, do you think they''ll leave a cheque for £500,000 at the door and say give this back to the fans? You talk about the club like it was a local charity, it''s not, it''s a badly run multi-million pound business. 

[/quote]How on Earth is that going to happen?The only way would be selling to a billionaire after a successful run in the Premiership. Should that highly unlikely scenario occur, I don''t think you, or (nearly) anyone else would be in the least bit concerned about them getting their money back.

I also renewed my season ticket very early knowing full well that I''d get a rebate of we went down. I pay £427( upfront ) for my seat ( not posh seats) so with my 20 %disc I''ll still pay £342 which I think is adequate for League 1 footy.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I also renewed my season ticket very early knowing full well that I''d get a rebate of we went down. I pay £427( upfront ) for my seat ( not posh seats) so with my 20 %disc I''ll still pay £342 which I think is adequate for League 1 footy.

[/quote]

The same for me.

[quote user="james norwich"]I want free admission to all cup games (we should be out of these by November to concentrate on the league).[/quote]

well you could take the rebate and buy the cup tickets. Cup tickets in exchange for rebates should not be forced on anyone.

As I have stated elsewhere I will be claiming my rebate. But all this trying to show that the tickets are good value/not good value is crazy. The product is Norwich City. Not Leeds, not Cheltenham, not the Arse. What is undoubtedly a good deal for many people is the interest free credit agreement where we pay £30 (now £25?) a month for 12 months. But even that advantage is irrelevant because it was built into the original contract. The price we signed up for was for Championship football and built into that price was terms for a 20% rebate if we were relegated. The club were aware of the possibility of relegation when they made the offer. So now they must surely budget for a 20% reduction in season ticket income. How they cope with that is up to them. Surely they have some idea though because if they hadn''t considered this consequence when they priced the tickets it beggars belief.

That''s just one of your misconceptions about me then.

[quote user="LQ"]That''s just one of your misconceptions about me then.

[/quote]

No, if you upgrade to a plush pew (as you state that you think that NCFC season tickets are far to cheap) then you will surely be doing your bit and leading by example....You could ignore the tea and tiffin at half-time with Norfolk''s business and social elite, preferring instead, to have a plastic bottle of Carlsberg cardboard with a succulent splodgey sausage roll down in the concourse with the great unwashed.....

With my 20% rebate I might just buy you a pie.....in the sky.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I have stated elsewhere I will be claiming my rebate. But all this trying to show that the tickets are good value/not good value is crazy. The product is Norwich City. Not Leeds, not Cheltenham, not the Arse. What is undoubtedly a good deal for many people is the interest free credit agreement where we pay £30 (now £25?) a month for 12 months. But even that advantage is irrelevant because it was built into the original contract. The price we signed up for was for Championship football and built into that price was terms for a 20% rebate if we were relegated. The club were aware of the possibility of relegation when they made the offer. So now they must surely budget for a 20% reduction in season ticket income. How they cope with that is up to them. Surely they have some idea though because if they hadn''t considered this consequence when they priced the tickets it beggars belief.

[/quote]

Well said Nigel, I am in total agreement with your post.