Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

If the Club wnats my Season Ticket Rebate

it can have it. 

But NOT as a gift.   I will take it as shares so that I can band with other small shareholders and at least make the corporate life of the Board even more uncomfortable

or, I will spend it in the shop so send me gift vouchers.

The Club is a business not a charity and whilst I support the Club and the team, I want value for my investment, however small.

So, in my view City should not ask for handouts but should look at creative ways to give some value for the rebate and make us feel respected not milked as cash cows.

Most of the rebates, for those who choose to claim them, will be in the form of a couple of quid deduction per month from your Direct Debit surely? That''s what it boils down to - that and the difference between a normal league football club in financial difficulties which are rife in this game at the moment.

[quote user="LQ"]Most of the rebates, for those who choose to claim them, will be in the form of a couple of quid deduction per month from your Direct Debit surely?

That''s what it boils down to - that and the difference between a normal league football club in financial difficulties which are rife in this game at the moment.

[/quote]

Agree LQ, anyone on DD wil not see a refund. - my comment on gift vouchers was aimed at the hoardes on here expecting somebody to turn up on their doorstep with a wad of £10 notes.

[quote user="jbghost"]Interesting point here. The club have never said to my knowledge that rebates would be paid in cash. Rebates could easily be made in gift vouchers.[/quote]

In which case I would immediatly cancel my direct debit and demand, as I am well within my right to do, a refund.

Yes, that is the impression you get isn''t it JBG?A lot of the talk about the rebate seems to centre on the "I''ve paid my money and I want my rebate NOW..." which (judging by the numbers who pay by Direct Debit) is simply not true in the majority of cases. Oh well...

I pay by direct debit. I am also not naieve enough to think that a cheque for £73.20 is going to drop through the letter box. I fully expect my direct debit payment to drop by £9.20 for one month (to £21.30) and by £8.00 for the remaining 8 months (to £22.50) but at the end of the day I still am not going to pay championship prices to watch league 1 football.

You wouldn''t pay the price of a brand new 59 regisration car for a 58 reg car just because it was brand new last year would you?

I don''t relish years of watching League One football either - show me anyone who does!That''s why I won''t take the rebate. Whoever ''owns'' this Club is going to need money to get us out of it and for me withholding the 20% whilst still wanting my team to have the best chance of bouncing back simply doesn''t make sense.But that''s the choice we have. And it is a choice.As an aside I''d be interested to know if anyone REALLY bought their Season Ticket for 09/10 purely on the basis that there was a rebate available?

[quote user="LQ"]I don''t relish years of watching League One football either - show me anyone who does!

That''s why I won''t take the rebate. Whoever ''owns'' this Club is going to need money to get us out of it and for me withholding the 20% whilst still wanting my team to have the best chance of bouncing back simply doesn''t make sense.

But that''s the choice we have. And it is a choice.

As an aside I''d be interested to know if anyone REALLY bought their Season Ticket for 09/10 purely on the basis that there was a rebate available?

[/quote]

They could quite easily upgrade peoples tickets to include cup games if they forego the rebate.  Its a fair gamble on both sides then isnt it....

Still think the debt could be renegotiated personally to free up a bit of capital.  I reckon about £2,000,000 well spent could give us a fighting chance.

That''s a brilliant idea about cup games.Have you suggested that to anyone at the Club? If not, you should.

I think the rebate should relate to LAST year''s dismal performance on the pitch. We were short changed in 2008/9 by a bunch of players who, by and large, couldn''t give a toss and by senior management who were at best inept.

I would be happy to pay the full amount next season and, provided I received value for money in terms of effort on the pitch and leadership off it, they can keep the full amount.

The cup option is something that I have been pondering... Seeing as we have the Johnstone Dulux B&Q own brand paint tin to compete in now.

I agree with the OP - if the club could come with some creative ideas (shares and cup games were both talked about my me and a few mates at the NCISA) forum I would consider giving it up.

However as I have had a ST for as long as I can remember, bought shares (twice) and go to a hell of a lot of away games I feel I have done my bit over the years, just a shame the players have not.  Look at how many away games we have won in the last ten years, hardly any if you take out 03/04.  No value in that.

Sorry but NCFC are still not getting "money for nothing" out of me!

Finally one last thought - if they did not take the ST money so early we would not even be discussing this  Something else that I think needs to be looked at!

Actually they don''t sell season tickets that early compared to some other clubs.

Crystal Palace for example - start selling with the greatest discount

in November and still a seat in their equivalent of the City Stand is

about £60 more than ours. They also charge 18.9%APR if you want to pay by Direct Debit over ten months.

[quote user="LQ"]I don''t relish years of watching League One football either - show me anyone who does!

That''s why I won''t take the rebate. Whoever ''owns'' this Club is going to need money to get us out of it and for me withholding the 20% whilst still wanting my team to have the best chance of bouncing back simply doesn''t make sense.

As an aside I''d be interested to know if anyone REALLY bought their Season Ticket for 09/10 purely on the basis that there was a rebate available?

[/quote]

Trust me, any returned rebate will vanish down a very deep black hole..........never to be seen again!

Just thinking out loud here,but,presumably the price of casual seats will go down next year to reflect our lower league standing.So if you''re paying around 25% more for your season ticket(by not claiming),is it not possible you could be paying MORE with a ST than just buying casual seats,or at least a very similar amount ?

I''d be entitled to the full 20% rebate if I took it meaning I bought my ST before the first cut off date. The price I paid equates to me paying around £16 per match. Could adult casual tickets be cheaper than that? I doubt it?

A quick bit of research shows these L1 casual prices for 08/09:Equivalent adult seat at:Elland Road - between £23 & £31 no concs.Swindon Town - £20Leyton Orient - £20Stockport County - £19Leicester - £23Huddersfield - £20Cheltenham Town - £18etc...

[quote user="jbghost"]Interesting point here. The club have never said to my knowledge that rebates would be paid in cash. Rebates could easily be made in gift vouchers.[/quote]

a) If the try the gift voucher idea then they may run into legal action. I certainly have not had  a "meeting of the minds" with respect to any rebate being in a gift voucher form. Cash (or reduced debit)please!

b) Secondly annoyed fans may decide to cancel their direct debits and the club will get no money for next season. I think legal bods will agree that the offer part of a contract between spectator and the club has not been accepted in many, if not all cases of those on the auto direct debit scheme.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

They could quite easily upgrade peoples tickets to include cup games if they forego the rebate. 

[/quote]

No thank you. People should have a free choice as to spending money on cup games.

NCFC offered a rebate should we get relegated and they should deliver the rebate in cash or reduced direct debit. No excuses accepted.

[quote user="SNAP"]I think the rebate should relate to LAST year''s dismal performance on the pitch. We were short changed in 2008/9 by a bunch of players who, by and large, couldn''t give a toss and by senior management who were at best inept. I would be happy to pay the full amount next season and, provided I received value for money in terms of effort on the pitch and leadership off it, they can keep the full amount.[/quote]

But value for money re division 3 (old money) football is division 3 prices, not Championship prices.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Trust me, any returned rebate will vanish down a very deep black hole..........never to be seen again!

[/quote]

Exactly!

If people want to find a way to putting their rebate into the club, then personally I think they should wait until their are changes in the running of the club, e.g., board, investment etc.   that they are satisfied with before spending it in a way of their choice, e.g., shares bought from the club in YOUR name (not via the share trust), merchandise, casual seats etc.

LQ, when Smith and Jones finally sell the club(they will one day)and they are walking off with every penny they put into it and probably a bit more, do you think they''ll leave a cheque for £500,000 at the door and say give this back to the fans? You talk about the club like it was a local charity, it''s not, it''s a badly run multi-million pound business. 

They are the reason the club is in this state. Had they been more business savy when the club reached the premiership then the club would not be in it''s present state and needing to ask fans for money in return for nothing.

The prices you quote above are(baring Leicester and Leeds) for much smaller clubs who obviously have to charge more due to the smaller fan bases so that argument falls flat on it''s face. The Leeds and Leicester prices compare to our own.

I wish people would get this Little old Norwich thing out of their heads, as I said NCFC is a badly run multi-million pound business and not some charity sunday league team.

[quote user="LQ"]A quick bit of research shows these L1 casual prices for 08/09:Equivalent adult seat at:Elland Road - between £23 & £31 no concs.Swindon Town - £20Leyton Orient - £20Stockport County - £19Leicester - £23Huddersfield - £20Cheltenham Town - £18etc...[/quote]OK, so what is the price of League One football?The stuff in quotes (because all the facts are getting lost between people SHOUTING in big letters) was in response to whether it was likely that I''d be paying more with my full price ST than a casual ticket for next year. Based on what other clubs were charging last year I won''t (mine works out to about £16 per game).Now let''s look at how much it costs to watch League One football in as equivalent seats as they have at these other stadia (and we all know some of them are real dumps)...Elland Road -  waiting for info - not available onlineSwindon Town -  ST £305.20 casual £22Leyton Orient - ST £325 casual £22Stockport County - ST £322 casual £19Charlton Athletic - (changed from Leicester because it made sense!) ST £425 casual £25Huddersfield - ST £379 casual £22Cheltenham Town - ST £371 casual £20So my £377 seems fair to me.If I took my rebate of 20% that would mean that I''d be paying £301.60, the least of all these teams and would be in decent surroundings.Nope - I''m sticking with paying a decent rate and hoping it gives my team a chance to get back to the Championship asap ta!That is the fact of what it costs to watch League One football.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="LQ"]A quick bit of research shows these L1 casual prices for 08/09:

Equivalent adult seat at:

Elland Road - between £23 & £31 no concs.
Swindon Town - £20
Leyton Orient - £20
Stockport County - £19
Leicester - £23
Huddersfield - £20
Cheltenham Town - £18
etc...

[/quote]

OK, so what is the price of League One football?

The stuff in quotes (because all the facts are getting lost between people SHOUTING in big letters) was in response to whether it was likely that I''d be paying more with my full price ST than a casual ticket for next year. Based on what other clubs were charging last year I won''t (mine works out to about £16 per game).

Now let''s look at how much it costs to watch League One football in as equivalent seats as they have at these other stadia (and we all know some of them are real dumps)...

Elland Road -  waiting for info - not available online
Swindon Town -  ST £305.20 casual £22
Leyton Orient - ST £325 casual £22
Stockport County - ST £322 casual £19
Charlton Athletic - (changed from Leicester because it made sense!) ST £425 casual £25
Huddersfield - ST £379 casual £22
Cheltenham Town - ST £371 casual £20

So my £377 seems fair to me.

If I took my rebate of 20% that would mean that I''d be paying £301.60, the least of all these teams and would be in decent surroundings.

Nope - I''m sticking with paying a decent rate and hoping it gives my team a chance to get back to the Championship asap ta!

That is the fact of what it costs to watch League One football.

[/quote]

Are those renewal prices?

Yes - and are including installment fees (where they''ve actually seen fit to publish them!) as that''s how most ST holders here pay.

They''re also the ''early bird'' prices (where available) before anyone thinks I''ve taken our cheapest option and their most expensive!

they could also say a reduction in monthly DD so you don''t get to spend your extra windfall of cash in the club or pub