Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

How About This?

I don''t know if this has been brought up before, but here is an idea...If we, as season ticket holders, are being emotionally blackmailed as people have said into returning our rebate, then why don''t the club offer us something back?  I don''t intend to let the club keep my rebate, but if this happened then I would definitely think twice.My idea to the board would be, ask us to leave our rebate in return for the directors matching whatever is returned by the fans, and guaranteeing that it all goes into a transfer pot.  Consequently everyone is happy?I believe this would be a great PR stunt by the club, if they pulled it off, and could lead to a significant transfer kitty for League One.I know many don''t want to return their rebate in order to show no confidence in the board, and I stand firm by this approach as well, but if the board offered us this as an alternative would you take it?Say the rebate in total is roughly £1m (if everyone got £60 back on average?) that would lead to a £2m transfer pot.I don''t know if this is viable, but I''m just trying to make the most out of an awful situation.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I don''t know if this has been brought up before, but here is an idea...

If we, as season ticket holders, are being emotionally blackmailed as people have said into returning our rebate, then why don''t the club offer us something back?  I don''t intend to let the club keep my rebate, but if this happened then I would definitely think twice.

My idea to the board would be, ask us to leave our rebate in return for the directors matching whatever is returned by the fans, and guaranteeing that it all goes into a transfer pot.  Consequently everyone is happy?

I believe this would be a great PR stunt by the club, if they pulled it off, and could lead to a significant transfer kitty for League One.

I know many don''t want to return their rebate in order to show no confidence in the board, and I stand firm by this approach as well, but if the board offered us this as an alternative would you take it?

Say the rebate in total is roughly £1m (if everyone got £60 back on average?) that would lead to a £2m transfer pot.

I don''t know if this is viable, but I''m just trying to make the most out of an awful situation.
[/quote]

That sounds like a really good idea ncfcstar! Easier for me to say as im not a ticket holder, but if I was, Id think that a good idea

I see no-one else thinks this is a good idea then!I would expect many to dismiss it, but I believe if the board did pull this one out of the bag it would placate a lot of the fans, not that that is necessarily a good thing!

Sod it, go further and get them to treble it... most people are going to get their money back so doubling it would leave us with only a token sum in the pot.... how about everyone puts their rebate into the famed NCFC Kitty............. No? [;)]

I think this is probably the best rebate idea I have heard. I would definatly think twice, but I know that many people on here will be dead against it as "we don''t think they''ll make it avaliable for players".

I would be interested in this idea but alas I fear the rebate money has already been budgeted for hence why they now need it back so desperatly.

oh and BTW the rebate is worth around £600,000 to the club.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I don''t know if this has been brought up before, but here is an idea...

If we, as season ticket holders, are being emotionally blackmailed as people have said into returning our rebate, then why don''t the club offer us something back?  I don''t intend to let the club keep my rebate, but if this happened then I would definitely think twice.

My idea to the board would be, ask us to leave our rebate in return for the directors matching whatever is returned by the fans, and guaranteeing that it all goes into a transfer pot.  Consequently everyone is happy?

I believe this would be a great PR stunt by the club, if they pulled it off, and could lead to a significant transfer kitty for League One.

I know many don''t want to return their rebate in order to show no confidence in the board, and I stand firm by this approach as well, but if the board offered us this as an alternative would you take it?

Say the rebate in total is roughly £1m (if everyone got £60 back on average?) that would lead to a £2m transfer pot.

I don''t know if this is viable, but I''m just trying to make the most out of an awful situation.
[/quote]

I think it is a great idea but the total sum would be £600,000 x 2 = £1.2m maximum. The club could say that some of the fans rebate money would be used to bring back Hucks.

[/quote]

This is a very good idea, because I think the issue for many is that they don''t want to see the money go to anything other than the transfer kitty.However, there is an issue with how much people now trust the club given the things that have come to light in recent weeks. Despite the best efforts of the board and their mouthpieces on here I think that its a total cheek to expect people to pay Championship rates for League One football but not give them any say in how their rebates should be used should they be good enough to forego them. However the likes of LQ dress it up, the foregoing of rebates is a favour to the club, not vice versa, yet it''s being spun as some sort of duty which must be done to be considered a real fan.

Despite the lies that have been spun on here about the St Andrews meeting, only a handful of fans think administration is a good thing and the vast majority want to help the club. The key issue is that they are not prepared to see their hard earned money subsumed into normal expenditure.

As the fan who first floated the idea of waiving or not waiving (on the official site BEFORE the Charlton game, linking it specifically to Gunn NOT being manager next season) I can say that no-one has tried any emotional blackmail on me. Certainly the director with whom I then had a long conversation didn''t try to talk me out of not waiving if Gunn was kept on. They may well have defended Gunn as a manager, but that is another matter.Fat lot of good my threat did, of course. Hey ho. So, do I stick to my promise and claim back the rebate, when I can afford not to? If anything might help persuade me it probably would be a promise from the directors to donate a sum equal to the total unclaimed rebate, and to ringfence it.

As no player budget has been announced and is unlikely to be. How would you know if they matched the rebate as "extra" or just used what was going to be used anyway.(like the supposed covering of the Turners non money) Same applys to the rebate.

"We have given the manager a budget suitable for league 1."  Tells the fans nothing.

If it''s a matter of trust then it is up to the individual as to whether they believe or not!

I agree with Delia''s recipie for disaster, I would find it hard to believe the board if they were to tell us that the rebate money would go straight into the transfer kitty and nothing else, knowing our Board they have already budgeted for the 600k and without it they are left with another black hole that needs filling by an investor.