Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Official "Hucks for player-coach" thread!

Once again, the man is spot on in the edp! I''m really loving the fact that he has been telling the club what was going to happen for 2 years and they just haven''t paid attention. If only someone inside the club had the balls to say the things he says. I don''t think we''d be where we are now if they did.

roeder thought he knew too much , hence the reason of the quick departure, and not allowed to trian (apart from the fact he would have shown our current crop of players up )

the thing is he did know better than roeder .

the thing is with old heros ... they cant be replaced can they glen ?

Every time I have heard Darren being interviewed, I have been left with the impression that he will be a good Manager in the future, if we have to have a rookie boss, why not let Hucks be the one ?. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I can recall him saying , possibly on the day we celebrated winning the Championship ?, that we should enjoy the day as it would never be as good again, my God he was right.

[quote user="John Morlar"]Every time I have heard Darren being interviewed, I have been left with the impression that he will be a good Manager in the future[/quote]Unfortunately Hucks himself has ruled out becoming a manager, he said tht he wished to coach kids at some point in his career. Also, I do remember him saying once him and Flem retire from playing; they''re going to open a fitness gym in the city. [;)]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="John Morlar"]Every time I have heard Darren being interviewed, I have been left with the impression that he will be a good Manager in the future[/quote]

Unfortunately Hucks himself has ruled out becoming a manager, he said tht he wished to coach kids at some point in his career. Also, I do remember him saying once him and Flem retire from playing; they''re going to open a fitness gym in the city. [;)]
[/quote]

That wouldn''t surprise me, I know Hucks and Flem used to be gym buddies at Greens Health & Fitness centre in Norwich. I saw them in there a few times and Flem would always stop for a quick chat.

He is spot on about the point he makes about the players inbetween. Too good to be playing youth football not ready for the first team. Think about all the players that would be first team regulars next season if they had been given a bit of guidence.

OTBC 

Hucks was spot on when he said the wirting was on the wall for Norwich when we sold Safri, Earnshaw and Etuhu 2 years ago, at that time Hucks had a good old rant about it, which many people then criticized him for. I hope those people can now look back and totally understand why he said the things he did say.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="John Morlar"]Every time I have heard Darren being interviewed, I have been left with the impression that he will be a good Manager in the future[/quote]

Unfortunately Hucks himself has ruled out becoming a manager, he said tht he wished to coach kids at some point in his career. Also, I do remember him saying once him and Flem retire from playing; they''re going to open a fitness gym in the city. [;)]
[/quote]

Like this one:

http://www.craigflemingfitness.co.uk/

[quote user="Delias recipie for disaster"]

[/quote]

Like this one:

[/quote]

Did we not pay him enough? [:O]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Delias recipie for disaster"]

[/quote]

Like this one:

[/quote]

Did we not pay him enough? [:O]

[/quote]

He''s not the sort of person who would do it for the money, he wants to do it because he enjoys it, why else do you think he went to Kings Lynn?