Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Experience counts in management article

Shows you what a dumb ar*e board we have doesn''t it. Always going for complete novices time and time again. It''s no wonder we are where we are today.

[quote user="trueyellow"]So i take it then you were both Glenn Roeder fans?!? Experience doesnt always work![/quote]

Nope as Glenn Roeder had a track record of relegating teams in his second season where he clearly lost the dressign room every time. I don''t recall my original post being an attack on all inexperienced managers either.

[quote user="trueyellow"]So i take it then you were both Glenn Roeder fans?!? Experience doesnt always work![/quote] If we had given the job to Gunn when we employed Roeder do you think we would have been playing Championship football last season ?

my comment was aimed towards colneycanary, mentionning that the board has gone for inexperience again. Rioch, Hamilton, Roeder none have worked well for us.

I agree Roeder done well in his first season in keeping us up but then decided to tear the club apart removing anyone who meant anything to NCFC and building a squad so poor it ended in relegation this season! Just great wasnt he!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="trueyellow"]So i take it then you were both Glenn Roeder fans?!? Experience doesnt always work![/quote] If we had given the job to Gunn when we employed Roeder do you think we would have been playing Championship football last season ?
[/quote]

Here we go again, let''s flail around in frustration, lash out and bash Gunn. Re yr post, the obvious answer is of course no one will ever know.... but I don''t see why not. I have consistently said that I''m confident that Gunn will be a good and succesful manager for our club. Only time will tell. In the meantime, this constant succession of inane, vacuous, fatuous and pointless Gunn bashing threads from all the usual suspects is really boring.

But the Roeder bashing ones are fine ? Gunn relegated us not Grant not Roeder but Bryan Gunn , and in my opinion he will never make a manager , simply put he is clueless .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]But the Roeder bashing ones are fine ? Gunn relegated us not Grant not Roeder but Bryan Gunn , and in my opinion he will never make a manager , simply put he is clueless .
[/quote]

But there are many people, myself included, who feel Roeder, and especially Grant, did more to get us where we are today than Gunn has.

Well all will be revealed next season , if he gets us up he has something about him , if we struggle he will be proven to be just what many think he is the cheap option that got power hungry.

As far as i can see Loan City Gunn has done his very best for this football club and i honestly believe he feels the pain of relegation as much as what we do. Now dont get me wrong i dont think he is the person to take us forward although his intentions are good i dont believe he has the tactical awareness to get us near the top of the league next season.

I dont blame Gunn for our relegation, yes he was in charge for the last 19 games but he inherited a squad that was very poor which was brought together by Grant and Roeder over the course of the last 2 or 3 seasons. Gunn brought in some good players towards the end of the season but again tactically he was poor.

Roeder done more damage for this club than any manager in the past 20 years.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]But the Roeder bashing ones are fine ? Gunn relegated us not Grant not Roeder but Bryan Gunn , and in my opinion he will never make a manager , simply put he is clueless .
[/quote]

Yep, Roeder deserves to be bashed for a whole range of reasons not least the fact that he "relegated us" not Gunn. Of course, Gunn happened to be the manager at the time we went down but as any objective, thinking fan knows the corrosive and rapid (rabid) degeneration and demise of our club was brought about by Roeder (and not stopped by the Board)***. The club and the team was in freefall when Gunn took over from Roeder and the sharp descent couldn''t be halted. No one knows whether Boothroyd or another experienced manager would have halted and reversed the hurtling downward trend caused by Roeder but personally I very much doubt it.

*** the decline of our club has been chronic and IMO ironically with promotion ot the Premiership and the ludicrous "Ambition with prudence" defeatism. Grant was awful but he had not eviscerated the team and destroyed morale, that was left for Roeder to do and he seemed to set about his task with relish and, I must concede, was dramatically successful.  

[quote user="trueyellow"]

As far as i can see Loan City Gunn has done his very best for this football club and i honestly believe he feels the pain of relegation as much as what we do. Now dont get me wrong i dont think he is the person to take us forward although his intentions are good i dont believe he has the tactical awareness to get us near the top of the league next season.

I dont blame Gunn for our relegation, yes he was in charge for the last 19 games but he inherited a squad that was very poor which was brought together by Grant and Roeder over the course of the last 2 or 3 seasons. Gunn brought in some good players towards the end of the season but again tactically he was poor.

Roeder done more damage for this club than any manager in the past 20 years.

[/quote]

Eloquently put, I couldn''t have said this better !