Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Simon Clegg - Shame we can't shut him up this year!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/20/roy-keane-simon-clegg-ipswichClegg says the ground, with a capacity of just over 30,000, is just one

of several building blocks that convinced Evans the club have huge

potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club

to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you

go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west,

Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham."

[quote user="Duffman"]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/20/roy-keane-simon-clegg-ipswich

Clegg says the ground, with a capacity of just over 30,000, is just one of several building blocks that convinced Evans the club have huge potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham."[/quote]

Good luck with Keano Simon, I think you''ll need it. Good luck trying to fill the ground as well. What a ****.

Keane spent a reputed £80 mill on a Sunderland team that could still be relegated. Ricky Sbabia???? inherited a load of crap. Keane ducked out as soon as he realised he''d totally wasted the club''s money.

[quote user="Duffman"]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/20/roy-keane-simon-clegg-ipswich

Clegg says the ground, with a capacity of just over 30,000, is just one of several building blocks that convinced Evans the club have huge potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham."[/quote]

That idiot Clegg doesnt actually realise that Peterborough is closer to Ipswich than Milton Keynes.  What a cocksmoker.

Strange days at Poorman Road. Somehow this guy who was kicked out of the BOA (oe decided to leave after reorganisation as he puts it) and had four years to prepare for 17 days is seen as an ambitious appointment. Add the "£20m" player budget and former Prem manager who can tell what will happen. Though there are still some on this board who would swap[:P]

Really dont know what to make of this set up at Ipswich, no doubt theyv invested heavily, Keane and the Olympic guy wont be cheap, plus further investment for players etc.. This Evans guy will buy his way to the premier league by the looks of it.

I really think itl backfire, Keane got Sunderland up straight away because of his initial presence being enough to motivate the players when he first arrived, similar to how Ipswich''s form improved when he arrived. But long-term, he spent loads at Sunderland and did OK. I reckon itl be the same at ITFC, hel spend loads and get them up, but they wont become an ''established premier league club'' under Keane.

[quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]

Never. I could never envy them. I couldn''t care if they were top of the prem, they STILL have to go to Ipswich to watch football.

I hate to agreee with Wizard, but you lot sound like a lot of bitter children.

I read the Guardian article first thing this morning and Clegg''s description of us as a small club that has just been relegated has been gnawing away all day.

I can admit I am envious - but only of the money Marcus Evans has started to pour into the club. Clegg, Keane, they can keep them.

[quote user="old yellow bird"]I read the Guardian article first thing this morning and Clegg''s description of us as a small club that has just been relegated has been gnawing away all day.

I can admit I am envious - but only of the money Marcus Evans has started to pour into the club. Clegg, Keane, they can keep them.[/quote]well he can shove it! if we had Marcus Evans''s money on board, we''d be a premiership team already. Ipswich got lucky they wiped all their debts before the new rules came in and so Evans didn''t have too much debt of theirs to pay off. It will even itself out in time tho. As long as we keep our following.

[quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]I don''t envy them. Never envy the scum.Might envy the money, and perhaps the ambition...

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]I don''t envy them. Never envy the scum.Might envy the money, and perhaps the ambition...[/quote]What a bunch of envious people you are. If you look at the current situation you ARE being run as if you are a small club, Clegg is absolutely right in his comments. Its not a slight on you the fans, as ive said in another post you guys really do deserve better than the prats you have in charge right now.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]
I don''t envy them. Never envy the scum.
Might envy the money, and perhaps the ambition...
[/quote]What a bunch of envious people you are. If you look at the current situation you ARE being run as if you are a small club, Clegg is absolutely right in his comments. Its not a slight on you the fans, as ive said in another post you guys really do deserve better than the prats you have in charge right now.
[/quote]

Its ok Clegg talking about how attractive your 30,000 capacity is but when will he ever see it full [:)] Think you struggled to average 21000 this season didn''t you?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]I don''t envy them. Never envy the scum.Might envy the money, and perhaps the ambition...[/quote]What a bunch of envious people you are. If you look at the current situation you ARE being run as if you are a small club, Clegg is absolutely right in his comments. Its not a slight on you the fans, as ive said in another post you guys really do deserve better than the prats you have in charge right now.[/quote]

Its ok Clegg talking about how attractive your 30,000 capacity is but when will he ever see it full [:)] Think you struggled to average 21000 this season didn''t you?

[/quote]yes you are correct, but based on population of town etc we are actually better supported than yourselves.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]
I don''t envy them. Never envy the scum.
Might envy the money, and perhaps the ambition...
[/quote]What a bunch of envious people you are. If you look at the current situation you ARE being run as if you are a small club, Clegg is absolutely right in his comments. Its not a slight on you the fans, as ive said in another post you guys really do deserve better than the prats you have in charge right now.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Even if Evans let ''em in free they would struggle to beat that.

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="bluemike"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]God, isn''t envy ugly?[/quote]I don''t envy them. Never envy the scum.Might envy the money, and perhaps the ambition...[/quote]What a bunch of envious people you are. If you look at the current situation you ARE being run as if you are a small club, Clegg is absolutely right in his comments. Its not a slight on you the fans, as ive said in another post you guys really do deserve better than the prats you have in charge right now.[/quote]

[/quote]yes you are correct, but based on population of town etc we are actually better supported than yourselves.[/quote]Based on population maybe, but Clegg comes across like an obnoxious arsehole in that quote.  I would be embarrased if I were you.

"yes you are correct, but based on population of town etc we are actually better supported than yourselves"

That''s a fantastic piece of spin - are you sure you wouldn''t like to apply for the post of Chief Executive at NCFC?