Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

For those without Real Player.............

"camoonity club"

"regulated"

one thing he is right about, we''re not likely to get promoted next season.

he was going on about Worthington, which puts a certain poster in the frame as a possible suspect........

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

"camoonity club"

"regulated"

one thing he is right about, we''re not likely to get promoted next season.

he was going on about Worthington, which puts a certain poster in the frame as a possible suspect........

[/quote]hope we dont get regulated from league 1

I understand this was a joke. I''ve just got back from the Baltics so I hope it damn well was a joke, just as our club is becoming as every day goes by.

When we eventually do rise from this pit we find ourselves in, I hope that we have a pr department that commits itself in putting the club in a whole new positive light.

This means ensuring that supporters interviewed, accurately reflect the cross section of our community then wiping from memory

a) that image of a TV chef having a drunken rant and

b) more recently walking into a meeting, handbag on arm looking like a representative of the WI

No one can help getting old, I am 63 but this total negative image that we seem to project is becoming nauseating.

When talking to the late great Doomcaster about this he replied that we have a marvellous image with other club chairmen. Well they would say that wouldn''t they.

Weird. Am I the only one who doesn''t think this rant projected a terrible image of our club and fans?Now then, if it''s a wind up then it is brilliant, frankly it''s so good it would need to be professional. But if we say not:1. The chap obviously believes every word he''s saying. It''s a passionate response from a real football fan. Could you imagine this chap saying "Spooney, I just watched the game on sky". Never, he''s there, Bovil, sarnies and scarf.2. What''s the prob with our accent? It''s distinctive, has a great history and is part of where we come from. I''d rather hear a thousand bor''s like this than one estuary mockney binner pretending that Suffolk is just a suburb of Catford any day.3. It''s everything that 606 isn''t. With the noble exception of Danny Baker''s pirate ship (how d''ya know if you''re a pirate...) it''s a satellite lovefest featuring terrible TV football "fans" moaning to a football "fan" presenter about how hard done by they are as a Man U "follower". The evidence. - Spooney, follows Liverpool. Dude with that accent you''d do well to keep quiet on Edge lane or down in West Derby. - Colin Murray, nope, not even from the same country as the football team he proports to support. Tim bleedin Lovejoy. I don''t care if you were born on the shed end you''re rubbish on the radio.  Ahh pass the valium. I''d rather have ten of this chap than the plastic nobodies who pollute the airwaves 3 times a week on 606, no matter what his views on Delia, (most Ladies carry a handbag!) the size of Norfolk or anything else.

[quote user="Chrisr"]I''d rather have ten of this chap than the plastic nobodies who pollute the airwaves 3 times a week on 606, no matter what his views on Delia, (most Ladies carry a handbag!) the size of Norfolk or anything else. [/quote]The thing that really annoys me about 606 is every week they say "it''s your show - we''re here for the UK''s football fans!" and then you get:A Man Utd fan gloatingA Chelsea fan moaningA Liverpool fan wanting Benitez outA Liverpool fan wanting Benitez inA Chelsea fan moaningA Man Utd fan gloatingA token Newcastle fan who says "our club''s too big for this, it deserves better"A Chelsea fan moaningA Man Utd fan gloatingA Liverpool fan wanting Benitez outIzzy with some texts.... "Mark on the M42 thinks Manchester United were amazing today.  Get in.  Up the Reds."Now back to the calls....

You are forgetting the inevitable text from a Carlisle fan who lives in Exeter and goes to every home game, or a Blackpool fan who lives in Southampton and goes to every home game.

There''s usually one or the other.

There''s nothing wrong with the Norfolk accent.... long may it reign.....

Just sad that he sounded like such a thicko carrot crunching addled brained turd chewer..... if that''s not being too contradictory.