Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

NCFC Press Statement Regarding NCISA

Here''s the linkPretty much what we''ve already heard, but they are pressing on us that there will be continuing change at the club.  Didn''t really answer the question over the Gunn appointment, but I guess they didn''t have much of a choice.  I look forward to seeing continuing change, but I just don''t really see anything radical happening....

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Here''s the link

Pretty much what we''ve already heard, but they are pressing on us that there will be continuing change at the club.  Didn''t really answer the question over the Gunn appointment, but I guess they didn''t have much of a choice.  I look forward to seeing continuing change, but I just don''t really see anything radical happening....
[/quote]

Very much along the lines of one of those local government or NHS enquiries after someone has died in their care. "We''re really sorry, but we''ve had an enquiry and promise to make sure it doesn''t happen again, so please leave us alone".

The tone of the statement is a bit more user-friendly and less formal than in the past. Of course posters are free to interpret that as a welcome sign of greater openness or as a Machiavellian ploy to softsoap season ticket holders into waiving their rebates...

My first thought is that they really haven''t got the gist at all of how many supporters really feel as usual.Their opening few lines show what I mean...The club totally understands the anger and frustration following

relegation, which prompted 400 to 500 of our fans to answer NCISA''s

call for a meeting at St Andrew''s Hall recently
.I don''t know about anyone else but I was more or less resigned to relegation way before the last game at Charlton,  so I wouldn''t say I was angry at that fact. Disappointed, Gutted but not angry.  I was angry at the complete no show by the players on the day,  Also I have to ask NCISA if it was the fact about relegation that brought about their decision to call the St Andrews Hall meeting ?  I thought there were many other issues as well.One of these other reasons, was the appointment of Gunny, and again they don''t really address the issue, only enforce their belief again.The club remains totally united behind our manager Bryan Gunn and his

management team of Ian Butterworth, Ian Crook and John Deehan. The

Board''s decision to appoint them for next season means we have a team

steeped in Norwich City tradition fired up and ready to guide us

through a busy summer.
No mention of the vote of no confidence.. then I suppose they wouldn''t would they ?That mistakes have been made the club fully accepts - the league table

does not lie. However the club has started a process of radical and

far-reaching changes to make sure we learn from those mistakes. Our

best chance of those changes resulting in a successful future for the

Canaries is for all of us who love the club to unite and look forward

to facing the challenges ahead together.
Again I feel they try and sweep under the carpet the real reasons behind the discord amongst the fans, again they centre on Relegation as being the major issue,  again there are far more wider reaching issues, which they either fail to see deliberately, or out of ignorance.Fan splitting again... If you disagree and stand against them and what they do, you don''t really love the club.  Those that stand against, don''t really have the best interests of the club at heart.Sorry about this being a little disjointed, have only quickly read the statement, no doubts others of you will see other things

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
My first thought is that they really haven''t got the gist at all of how many supporters really feel as usual.

Their opening few lines show what I mean...

The club totally understands the anger and frustration following relegation, which prompted 400 to 500 of our fans to answer NCISA''s call for a meeting at St Andrew''s Hall recently.

I don''t know about anyone else but I was more or less resigned to relegation way before the last game at Charlton,  so I wouldn''t say I was angry at that fact. Disappointed, Gutted but not angry.  I was angry at the complete no show by the players on the day, 

Also I have to ask NCISA if it was the fact about relegation that brought about their decision to call the St Andrews Hall meeting ?  I thought there were many other issues as well.
One of these other reasons, was the appointment of Gunny, and again they don''t really address the issue, only enforce their belief again.

The club remains totally united behind our manager Bryan Gunn and his management team of Ian Butterworth, Ian Crook and John Deehan. The Board''s decision to appoint them for next season means we have a team steeped in Norwich City tradition fired up and ready to guide us through a busy summer.

No mention of the vote of no confidence.. then I suppose they wouldn''t would they ?

That mistakes have been made the club fully accepts - the league table does not lie. However the club has started a process of radical and far-reaching changes to make sure we learn from those mistakes. Our best chance of those changes resulting in a successful future for the Canaries is for all of us who love the club to unite and look forward to facing the challenges ahead together.

Again I feel they try and sweep under the carpet the real reasons behind the discord amongst the fans, again they centre on Relegation as being the major issue,  again there are far more wider reaching issues, which they either fail to see deliberately, or out of ignorance.

Fan splitting again... If you disagree and stand against them and what they do, you don''t really love the club.  Those that stand against, don''t really have the best interests of the club at heart.

Sorry about this being a little disjointed, have only quickly read the statement, no doubts others of you will see other things
[/quote]

Pretty much agree with all of that Kenny. As Richard Balls said at the meeting, if you dare to disagree with the regime you become a de facto enemy of the club. There was a lot of constructive debate at St Andrews, rather than the hot headed "board out at all costs" majority that I''d expected, but to read this forum over the last few days, with the gross generalisations and character assassinations of people who spoke well and coherently I wonder if I dreamed it all! There is a real "dirty tricks " campaign going on at the moment and its sad to see.

". . .as far as potential investment leading to a change of majority shareholding is concerned, once again the message from the directors is clear.  They would be delighted to talk to anyone who is prepared to commit to substantial investment in the football budget on an ongoing basis in return for shares.  No such person has actually made any such offer to the board despite much talk in the local press suggesting otherwise."

Who on earth do they think would even consider investing on that basis, with no effective control over how their money is spent, especially given the board''s previous record of mismanagement?  It''s tantamount to saying they won''t talk to anyone.

A drip drip of investment would do little or nothing to improve the club''s fortunes footballwise under the current regime.  They''re simply looking for someone to protect their shareholding by staving off bankruptcy.   

We''ve never been in more desperate trouble folks, but it could get even worse.  

canary cherub, you are missing the point. Doncaster is talking there about potential investment leading to a change of control, so when he says the club is looking for someone willing to invest over a long period he means a new owner willing to invest over a long period. Under those circumstances that new owner would have total control over that long-term investment.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]canary cherub, you are missing the point. Doncaster is talking there about potential investment leading to a change of control, so when he says the club is looking for someone willing to invest over a long period he means a new owner willing to invest over a long period. Under those circumstances that new owner would have total control over that long-term investment.[/quote]

This thread is not about Doncaster''s goodbye it''s about the club press statement.

Why do you think it means a new owner who takes over and then commits to investing over a long period?  It doesn''t say so.  But even if it did, no new owner is going to be told by the previous owners when and how much money to invest.  It simply would never happen in a million years.

Typical of this message board really - at least the club comes out and make a statement and then what do you get - people just picking holes in it - if they did not say anything you would all be moaning that nothing has been said in response - I am sure that some people just like something to moan at - why not just let them get on with it and stop bloody harping on about things

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]canary cherub, you are missing the point. Doncaster is talking there about potential investment leading to a change of control, so when he says the club is looking for someone willing to invest over a long period he means a new owner willing to invest over a long period. Under those circumstances that new owner would have total control over that long-term investment.[/quote]

This thread is not about Doncaster''s goodbye it''s about the club press statement.

Why do you think it means a new owner who takes over and then commits to investing over a long period?  It doesn''t say so.

[/quote]It says exactly that."Finally, as far as potential investment leading to A CHANGE OF MAJORITY SHAREHOLDING is concerned, once again the message from directors is

clear. They would be delighted to talk to anyone who is prepared to

commit to making a substantial investment into the football budget on

an on-going basis in return for shares. No such person has actually

made any such offer to the board, despite much talk in the local press

suggesting otherwise."

canary cherub, you''re right that it is the club''s statement, and not Doncaster''s farewell. I momentarily got then mixed up. However the rest of what I said is true - the club is talking specifically about wanting on-going investment from a new owner.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

Why do you think it means a new owner who takes over and then commits to investing over a long period?  It doesn''t say so.

[/quote]

It says exactly that.

"Finally, as far as potential investment leading to A CHANGE OF MAJORITY SHAREHOLDING is concerned, once again the message from directors is clear. They would be delighted to talk to anyone who is prepared to commit to making a substantial investment into the football budget on an on-going basis in return for shares. No such person has actually made any such offer to the board, despite much talk in the local press suggesting otherwise."
[/quote]

The statement is ambiguous.  It doesn''t say "in return for a majority shareholding".   It is open to a variety of interpretations as is nearly everything that comes out of CR.  It sounds to me as though they''re looking for the same sort of investment that came from the Turners. 

And it only says "would be delighted to talk to" - in other words, we won''t even talk to you unless you''re prepared to consider our terms.  Probably explains why PC got the brushoff.

As posted above, even if your interpretation is correct, no new owner would dream of being told by the previous owners when and how to invest.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]canary cherub, you''re right that it is the club''s statement, and not Doncaster''s farewell. I momentarily got then mixed up. However the rest of what I said is true - the club is talking specifically about wanting on-going investment from a new owner.[/quote]

Do you think there''s the slightest chance that a new owner would agree to such conditions? 

[quote user="Bomber"]Typical of this message board really - at least the club comes out and make a statement and then what do you get - people just picking holes in it - if they did not say anything you would all be moaning that nothing has been said in response - I am sure that some people just like something to moan at - why not just let them get on with it and stop bloody harping on about things[/quote]Bomber, everyone likes to have something to moan at, many at the moment are moaning at MPs claiming for Hobnobs.  I am sure that the Press Department expected people to pick holes in their statement, it is what happens every time any makes any sort of statement.Letting them get on with it is fair enough, but people want the club to be more transparent than they have been over the past few years, and want to see immediate action being taken.  It is not enough any more for people to let the board say something but actually do something rather different.  People want something to be seen to be being done, and before that happens they are not going to rest, and it is fair enough.  You can''t expect people to sit quietly by while our club is being dragged through its worst moments in recent history, something needs to be done, and if the board don''t realise that, or aren''t seen to be doing anything, then people are well within their rights to moan.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]It says exactly that."Finally, as far as potential investment leading to A CHANGE OF MAJORITY SHAREHOLDING is concerned, once again the message from directors is clear. They would be delighted to talk to anyone who is prepared to commit to making a substantial investment into the football budget on an on-going basis in return for shares. No such person has actually made any such offer to the board, despite much talk in the local press suggesting otherwise."[/quote]

The statement is ambiguous.  It doesn''t say "in return for a majority shareholding".   It is open to a variety of interpretations as is nearly everything that comes out of CR.  It sounds to me as though they''re looking for the same sort of investment that came from the Turners. 

And it only says "would be delighted to talk to" - in other words, we won''t even talk to you unless you''re prepared to consider our terms.  Probably explains why PC got the brushoff.

As posted above, even if your interpretation is correct, no new owner would dream of being told by the previous owners when and how to invest.

[/quote]canary cherub, the statement isn''t at all ambiguous. That paragraph refers specifically and only to potential investment leading to a change of majority shareholding, and a change of majority shareholding means a new owner.As to you doubting that any potential owner would agree to that, I know you''ve expressed this opinion before.

''However the club has started a process of radical and far-reaching changes to make sure we learn from those mistakes.'' NCFC Statement.

The changes will need to be in place before the start of the season. It may be hard, but fans do need to have some patience. Anything else is unrealistic.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]canary cherub, you''re right that it is the club''s statement, and not Doncaster''s farewell. I momentarily got then mixed up. However the rest of what I said is true - the club is talking specifically about wanting on-going investment from a new owner.[/quote]

Do you think there''s the slightest chance that a new owner would agree to such conditions? 

[/quote]

Purple? 

Oh . . . he''s gone [;)]

[quote user="Bomber"]Typical of this message board really - at least the club comes out and make a statement and then what do you get - people just picking holes in it - if they did not say anything you would all be moaning that nothing has been said in response - I am sure that some people just like something to moan at - why not just let them get on with it and stop bloody harping on about things[/quote]

You mean just sit and roll over like a little puppy dog?

We have just let them "get on with it" for the last 4 years and look where that has got us, this was yet another poor statement from the board to try and reassure us fans that they are doing all they can to bring investment into the club, they also remain adamant that they are as good as it gets for us at the moment. Well i''m not convinced by any of that, as are several other fans on here, hence the moaning.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bomber"]Typical of this message board really - at least the club comes out and make a statement and then what do you get - people just picking holes in it - if they did not say anything you would all be moaning that nothing has been said in response - I am sure that some people just like something to moan at - why not just let them get on with it and stop bloody harping on about things[/quote]

Bomber, everyone likes to have something to moan at, many at the moment are moaning at MPs claiming for Hobnobs.  I am sure that the Press Department expected people to pick holes in their statement, it is what happens every time any makes any sort of statement.

Letting them get on with it is fair enough, but people want the club to be more transparent than they have been over the past few years, and want to see immediate action being taken.  It is not enough any more for people to let the board say something but actually do something rather different.  People want something to be seen to be being done, and before that happens they are not going to rest, and it is fair enough.  You can''t expect people to sit quietly by while our club is being dragged through its worst moments in recent history, something needs to be done, and if the board don''t realise that, or aren''t seen to be doing anything, then people are well within their rights to moan.
[/quote]

NCFC Star I hear what you are saying but I just cannot for the life of me see where fans are going when they keep harping on about the board and how they want them out - it has been mentioned no end of times that we have not got anybody to come in and relieve them of their duties and plough enough cash into the club to suddenly propel us where we think we should be - nearly every posting is the same ''why appoint Gunn'' or ''sack the board'' and to be honest it is getting pretty boring - dont fans realise that we have appointed Gunn because there was no other viable option unless we paid out millions for a top notch manager which we simply cannot afford - as for sacking the board they cannot sack themselves and I would bet your bottom dollar that if Delia could get out of this witch hunt and sell to a bidder waiting in the wings then she would do cos I know I certainly would.  I know I have probably veered from the initial subject but to be honest the hatred or whatever you would like to call it towards certain members of the board/management team is now getting to the point where I will probably stop coming on here which is why I presume you do not have so many on here supporting Gunn etc cos they just get slapped down.    

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bomber"]Typical of this message board really - at least the club comes out and make a statement and then what do you get - people just picking holes in it - if they did not say anything you would all be moaning that nothing has been said in response - I am sure that some people just like something to moan at - why not just let them get on with it and stop bloody harping on about things[/quote]

Bomber, everyone likes to have something to moan at, many at the moment are moaning at MPs claiming for Hobnobs.  I am sure that the Press Department expected people to pick holes in their statement, it is what happens every time any makes any sort of statement.

Letting them get on with it is fair enough, but people want the club to be more transparent than they have been over the past few years, and want to see immediate action being taken.  It is not enough any more for people to let the board say something but actually do something rather different.  People want something to be seen to be being done, and before that happens they are not going to rest, and it is fair enough.  You can''t expect people to sit quietly by while our club is being dragged through its worst moments in recent history, something needs to be done, and if the board don''t realise that, or aren''t seen to be doing anything, then people are well within their rights to moan.
[/quote]

Exactly ncfcstar, words are cheap... sign Rickie Lambert, or put in a £1.5 million minimum offer in for him tomorrow and maybe we will start listening to you Delia.

If you haven''t got the cash then say so and do one.

I prefer to ignore the press statement regarding the NCISA......In fact, I ignore the large majority of press releases from NCFC.

Watching and listening to the press briefing at NCFC, with MWJ announcing that Gunn was to remain as manager - and then seeing MWJ, Delia, Gunn and Mr Foulger''s glum faces - really said it all to me.....They haven''t a clue....just what to do.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I prefer to ignore the press statement regarding the NCISA......In fact, I ignore the large majority of press releases from NCFC.

Watching and listening to the press briefing at NCFC, with MWJ announcing that Gunn was to remain as manager - and then seeing MWJ, Delia, Gunn and Mr Foulger''s glum faces - really said it all to me.....They haven''t a clue....just what to do.

[/quote]

But they will be striving to do their best Mello... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... [:$]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Watching and listening to the press briefing at NCFC, with MWJ announcing that Gunn was to remain as manager - and then seeing MWJ, Delia, Gunn and Mr Foulger''s glum faces - really said it all to me.....They haven''t a clue....just what to do.[/quote]

They didn''t have a clue at the AGM either and they still haven''t learnt anything!!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Flying Canary"]The changes will need to be in place before the start of the season. .[/quote]

Ah but which season?

[/quote]

Hopefully this one [:D]