Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Jamie Cureton

I have seen suggestions on here that Cureton may be good in league one. Please please please Bryan Gunn do not play this guy in league one or any other league.

I have nothing against him (seems like a decent guy) but he has lost it and virtually single handedly condemned us to relegation last season with all his missed open goals, he would condemn us to mid table mediocracy or worse in league one. All of the defenders in league one are slow and tough (Cureton is slow but not tough), Alan Lee (and possibly Chris Martin) would be good to deal with the physical aspect, if Luke Daley and Mcdonald will scare defenders with their pace. Just for the record, I hope we sign another striker but if we don''t Cureton is still 5th choice by my reckoning.

Please don''t make the same mistake twice Bryan just because you''re friends with him.

i agree the goal frame doesn''t get any bigger no matter what league you play in.

[quote user="Cowley"]i agree the goal frame doesn''t get any bigger no matter what league you play in.[/quote]Don''t say things like that; you''ll ruin his life!Maybe we could be like them european grounds and have a net between the pitch and our fans. At least he''d be able to hit the back of the net that way.....

I wonder what his wages are, his car must have cost a fortune!

Who could forget his amazing haul of1 goal this season? We will need that kind of contribution next season if we''re going to challenge for the promotion.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]He''s got experience and can be a good asset in league one. I would keep him on board.[/quote]

Absolutely agree.

Got to know we will have more young players in the team and he, Adam Drury and Darel Russell were much needed to stay at the club.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]He''s got experience and can be a good asset in league one. I would keep him on board.[/quote]

Think Cort would have been a better candidate if experience were the main criteria for keeping one of them.

I still think he is too expensive to keep, if he were willing to sign a new contract at a lower wage might be worth keeping as last season might have been a blip!

CURETON IS THE WORST PLAYER I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE AND THINK HE SHOULD BE THROWN IN THE SEA WITH MAN EATING SHARKS!!!!

Never thought I''d say it but I feel that league 1 could be his level and we should hold on to him. He''ll never be one of our main strike force again(at least I hope not) but would make a decent bench warmer at this level.

OK shoot.Wherever Cureton has played he has always been among the goals, I can''t see how a player can become crap over night, we aren''t privvy what goes on behind the scenes, but he is just one of the many that has suffered under the last two regimes. We will need some expereince in the squad, as much as team Gunn wants to run with kids, they won;''t stand the full season in a tough old league.  I think he would be a good player to have on the bench and to get games here and there.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Save your managers arse Gunn and play Jamie![Y][/quote]

Do you think if we''d played curo more we''d have stayed up?

This should be interesting...

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Never thought I''d say it but I feel that league 1 could be his level and we should hold on to him. He''ll never be one of our main strike force again(at least I hope not) but would make a decent bench warmer at this level.[/quote]

He was the CHAMPIONSHIP top scorer - difference being he had no pressure on him at Colchester (they were tiped to go down) and he had some decent players along side him.

Well, no one''s going to buy him and his wages so Gunn has no choice. If Cureton applies himself and gets fit he will have a significant contribution to make next season. No one doubts his commitment to the club even his mockers on here.

[quote user="XXL16"]

Absolutely agree.

Got to know we will have more young players in the team and he, Adam Drury and Darel Russell were much needed to stay at the club.

[/quote]

Hi XXL. Have you ever noticed that anyone added to your list of favourite players all seem to have been cursed? Can you start adding some players from other teams instead of ours?

He is not good enough anymore, whatever he once had he has now lost.  I don''t think I''ve known a striker since Darren Beckford and Dean Coney to miss so many easy chances in a season. Get rid.

Wasn''t good enough the first time he was here and still isn''t good enough.

Curo was playing fine until Roeder took it upon himself to publically crucify him.Now we could argue all day that footballers should have thicker skins, but the fact is Roeder was a knob about it.If you remember he did the same thing to Hoolahan and he went into his shell too...his form returned under Gunn, albeit briefly.

[quote user="kdncfc"]He is not good enough anymore, whatever he once had he has now lost.  I don''t think I''ve known a striker since Darren Beckford and Dean Coney to miss so many easy chances in a season. Get rid.[/quote]

I think you have missed Ade Akinbiyi from that list!

[quote user="UEAstudent"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Never thought I''d say it but I feel that league 1 could be his level and we should hold on to him. He''ll never be one of our main strike force again(at least I hope not) but would make a decent bench warmer at this level.[/quote]

He was the CHAMPIONSHIP top scorer - difference being he had no pressure on him at Colchester (they were tiped to go down) and he had some decent players along side him.

[/quote]

Difference being he still had some pace then, he''s an absolute liability now. If he had any charisma and influence on the pitch then he could be worth keeping hold of, but he doesn''t- Put him out to pasture with Mr. Cort I say. 

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

"virtually single handedly condemned us to relegation last season "

IDIOT!

[/quote]

No need to be rude. And idiot? Really? Do you know how many points he cost us last season? I''m not sure of the exact amount but I can tell you for a fact it was more than 10. Would 10 points have not kept us up?

It astonishes me people are convincing themselves he could be good at that level. Did no one watch him last season or have you conveniently forgotten?

[quote user="Cobain18"]

No need to be rude. And idiot? Really? Do you know how many points he cost us last season? I''m not sure of the exact amount but I can tell you for a fact it was more than 10. Would 10 points have not kept us up?

It astonishes me people are convincing themselves he could be good at that level. Did no one watch him last season or have you conveniently forgotten?

[/quote]

It astonishes me that you refer to your opinion as ''fact''!

Im not defending his performances last season, but his record in L1 is very good. Admitadly his good L1 record came in the late 90''s and early 00''s, but dispite that he has always scored at this level and up until last year had a good record in the Championship. 

Doesnt really matter anyway, no one will buy him or want to pay him what he earns here so hell stay, just whether he can deliver this year or not.  

[quote user="Cobain18"]

I have seen suggestions on here that Cureton may be good in league one. Please please please Bryan Gunn do not play this guy in league one or any other league.

I have nothing against him (seems like a decent guy) but he has lost it and virtually single handedly condemned us to relegation last season with all his missed open goals, he would condemn us to mid table mediocracy or worse in league one. All of the defenders in league one are slow and tough (Cureton is slow but not tough), Alan Lee (and possibly Chris Martin) would be good to deal with the physical aspect, if Luke Daley and Mcdonald will scare defenders with their pace. Just for the record, I hope we sign another striker but if we don''t Cureton is still 5th choice by my reckoning.

Please don''t make the same mistake twice Bryan just because you''re friends with him.

[/quote]

Never heard such rubbish ....you obviously dont ever watch a match , or you would have seen Mooney , Lee, Gow, croft , etc etc  miss far more "open " goals

Twat