Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

huckerbys interview

just been watching darrens interview with the edp .

the bloke just makes so much sense , regarding loan players, and blooding too many young players into a team and exspecting too much , too soon could ruin them , i agree .

really good to see how much passion he has regarding norwich , which had sadly been missing since his departure .

roeder you have so much to answer too,

i firmly believe he will return to this club , in what capacity i dont know , even he admits himself he has lost a bit of pace , but i think that he is a older head you need in your team to help the youngsters become good players .

very good interview mr hucks , i couldnt agree more with everything you said .

please come home , your missed !!!

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED19%20May%202009%2017%3A15%3A24%3A580

here here, completey agree. dion did a job for us and he was older than hucks. I know darren is a different type of player, dependent on pace etc. but as half and half, impact sub and starting, he would be awesome.we are in league 1 for gods sake! he''ll prob run rings around them

the thing is he has a good football brain , and even slower now , he still has the skill that would work very well in a lower leauge .

we need to get in back in , and build a team round him .

he was right about roeder , hence the reason for his quick depature , that is clear to see.

also i think he would be a great coach , and he knows what he is talking about , of which sadly norwich dont have alot of at the moment .

and the biggest thing , which has been our failure passion .

Surely the Huckerby thing is a no brainer. If there is anyway of signing him then we should.

I would also like to point out Hucks is 33 and won''t turn 34 until near the end of the season. Therefore, he should still have at least two good seasons in him.

After he retires add him to the coaching staff. This guy needs to be around Norwich for life.

Sat and listened to his interview in full. The guy speaks such sense. It''s soo refreshing to hear. He may have lost some pace on the pitch, but what he brings to the youth players, the fans, the other senior players is immense. This guy can''t come back soon enough in my opinion. The fact that he honours contracts makes him even more respectable.

He''s spot on, but he also doesn''t sound very positive, so it''s real worrying. I think he''s got the same views as me though, although it wasn''t losing the 3 players he mentioned, it was not replacing them, there was £5.5m of transfer fees there, and loads of wages saved, and who do we get? Mark Fotheringham, Jamie Cureton and some other loser. £5.5m for them 3 was good business, it''s just a shame we didn''t use the money wisely. I grimaced at how he talked about Sibierski and the ''so-called premiership class'' players. Sounds to me like we paid around £25k a week and a few hundered grand loan fee for Sibs alone, but i''m glad he excused Dejan from the mini rant, as i don''t blame him. He''d looked quite good up until his injury. I''d love to see us give Dejan until at least January that he is too good for this league, as i have a feeling him and Doc could be amazing and helpful if Rudd is put in net. Out it this way, i''d rather we kept dejan, then bought league 1 standard goalie.Hope Hucks can come back and sign for us at least for a bit, i''d love to see him at least come off the bench, even if it turns out, he''s not fit enough anymore, no  harm in trying. At worst, he''s gee the fans and players up, and give the whole place a lift, and he''d worry the hell out of opposing managers who would have to bear him in mind when selecting their teams.

we also need people like him in the dressing room, which i think is what we lacked last season, leaders telling people how it is, i''m sure if flem and malkey were here last season they would of chinned a few who couldn''t be bothered!!

[quote user="AndyJR"]Jolly good twas that.[/quote]

Talking about getting in before other teams.....well who exactly have we brought in??? URRRRRRRRRRRR Gunn...lovely!

Great interview which was obviously conducted before Gunn was appointed.

(and before the meetings)

Hucks is just such an honest guy.

He correctly noted that although it might be time for Delia/MWJ to step aside you cant hound them out with nobody waiting in the wings.

It would lead to admin/liquidation.

He was totally honest about his own ability to play and how age is catching up with him.

How many pros would do that?

I think virtually every observaton he made about the state of the club is spot on.

He was spot on to knock some of the loan players who didnt look like they wanted to give their all.

He is spot on when he suggested that it started going downhill when we sold Earnie, Etuhu and Safri, and never really replaced them.

I think Hucks would be great addition as a player/coach come October.

He is the kind of player that could be exceptional from the bench in bursts, especially in the last 20 mins.

[quote user="USAcanary"]Great interview which was obviously conducted before Gunn was appointed.

He correctly noted that although it might be time for Delia/MWJ to step aside you cant hound them out with nobody waiting in the wings.

It would lead to admin/liquidation.

He was totally honest about his own ability to play and how age is catching up with him.

I think virtually every observaton he made about the state of the club is spot on.

He was spot on to knock some of the loan players who didnt look like they wanted to give their all.

He is spot on when he suggested that it started going downhill when we sold Earnie, Etuhu and Safri, and never really replaced them.

He is the kind of player that could be exceptional from the bench in bursts, especially in the last 20 mins.[/quote]

Certainly gives ya more confidence then Gunns does when he gives interviews, i fear Gunn is a glove puppet, just in Delia''s mould..........shame they couldnt find a place for hucks playing/managering!

At the very least a 6 month contract would be a fitting swansong. After that, he could decide whether or not to stay on for one more season before moving into coaching.

[quote user="USAcanary"]Great interview which was obviously conducted before Gunn was appointed.

It would lead to admin/liquidation

He is the kind of player that could be exceptional from the bench in bursts, especially in the last 20 mins.[/quote]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="USAcanary"]Great interview which was obviously conducted before Gunn was appointed.

He is the kind of player that could be exceptional from the bench in bursts, especially in the last 20 mins.[/quote][/quote]The point many of us have been making all season you must have an alternative, how can so many disagree with this

But they can''t just walk out. Seeing as they are the majority shareholders they can''t just get up and leave. Therefore them being "hounded out" won''t result us in going into administration or worse, simply because they can''t actually be hounded out.

We would have to have the nucleus of a promotions team in order for hucks to come back playing with any success. As with our championship year, we had built the basis of the team and bolted him onto it.You wouldn''t want to see him in division 3 in a struggling team though, that would just be wrong. However, if we are looking like giving it a go his mere presence will give everyone a lift especially the younger players. He is our talisman. Hucks on a mission even at 34 would be good enough at that level. Unfortunately, you just can''t see us building a team that will give him the licence to play his way, he will have to spend half the game walking back slowly with his hands on his hips after every burst of speed. ie he won''t be carrying out any defensive duties.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]The fact that he honours contracts makes him even more respectable.
[/quote]

Like he has any choice but to comply with contract law?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]The fact that he honours contracts makes him even more respectable.[/quote]

Like he has any choice but to comply with contract law?

[/quote]he could sulk and moan like a lot of players these days though.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But they can''t just walk out. Seeing as they are the majority shareholders they can''t just get up and leave. Therefore them being "hounded out" won''t result us in going into administration or worse, simply because they can''t actually be hounded out.[/quote]

Correct......... but if you hound them enough they are unlikley to invest any further money in the club.

They look pretty fed up right now and would probably take a silly offer.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="USAcanary"]Great interview which was obviously conducted before Gunn was appointed.

He is the kind of player that could be exceptional from the bench in bursts, especially in the last 20 mins.[/quote][/quote]The point many of us have been making all season you must have an alternative, how can so many disagree with this[/quote]

It''s ironic that footballers are always knocked for not being the brightest but Hucks is in the perfect position to observe from afar the big picture and hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Its interesting that the executive group (who owns 5% of the club instead of owning hot air like other groups!)

Have a much more level headed approach to the situation the club is in.

It should be noted that the group is made up of a number of high quality buisness people who understand the big picture of running a football club.