Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

doesnt anybody feel that ....

if we were to sign huckeby we would walk that league ?

if you look at the clubs in league 1, all the succeeding clubs had 1 player that made the team.

leeds have beckford.

fryatt at leicester

lambert at rovers (relegation without him)

huckerby, cody, doherty, and hanging on to clingan i still think well be up there at the top.

We won''t walk the league.Infact, I think it''d be pretty much impossible to walk the league with the squad we have.*Cough* Over expectations, like after our relegation from the Premiership *cough*.

One man does not a team make I''m afraid.

Our squad is becoming threadbare and needs populating with youth team players to fill the gaps. With Hucks and Cody surrounded by inexperienced youth its going to be a few seasons of League 1 before we see any drastic change (if Hucks even comes back, and Codys still relatively new to this level of football himself)

Hucks of a few years ago maybe, but the man himself says his hip is dodgy. We''d only see a limited amount of him - might swing a few games, but we need more than that.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

One man does not a team make I''m afraid.

Our squad is becoming threadbare and needs populating with youth team players to fill the gaps. With Hucks and Cody surrounded by inexperienced youth its going to be a few seasons of League 1 before we see any drastic change (if Hucks even comes back, and Codys still relatively new to this level of football himself)

[/quote]

But as the great man himself has said, Cody McDonald IS inexperienced youth, and you are exactly the type of person that he aimed his recent statements at. As Hucks said, expecting Cody to score 20 goals this year would ruin him......

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn"]

if we were to sign huckeby we would walk that league ?

if you look at the clubs in league 1, all the succeeding clubs had 1 player that made the team.

leeds have beckford.

fryatt at leicester

lambert at rovers (relegation without him)

huckerby, cody, doherty, and hanging on to clingan i still think well be up there at the top.

[/quote]

We cant expect Huckerby to be for us even half of what Beckford has been for Leeds. Three years ago maybe, but Beckford has strength, pace and power. Huckerby hasnt got much of any of those left, but what he does have is a level head and some good advice for the younger lads and simply valued and respected as a good influence for the younger players to look up to and listen to.

He said it himself today he is slowing down and has a hip injury.  DO you think he would make a difference against the cynical challenges of league one teams?  Nope.We need to look to the future.  This dreamin of Huckerby coming back like Jesus H, and saving us all from years in L1 is fantasy.

i would definately welcome him back, as long as he''s not being paid too much or put on a long contract. I don''t think he''d be after either though

He''s yesterdays man I''m afraid......

As much as I don''t like to say it, I think it''s better we see him in an off the field role at Norwich now.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]As much as I don''t like to say it, I think it''s better we see him in an off the field role at Norwich now.[/quote]sure you''d agree he''s worth a try though.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]As much as I don''t like to say it, I think it''s better we see him in an off the field role at Norwich now.[/quote]sure you''d agree he''s worth a try though.[/quote]Yep worth a go I guess.

Couldn''t hurt to have him back and involved off the field making occasional cameos in games.  Players like Figo and Cafu have managed to sustain their careers for years by not playing 90 mins and only a couple of games a month.

He''s not the player he was, because of his hip, but perhaps he could do a "Mick Shannon" and inspire for 60 minutes.Sadly, I doubt if even his inspiration and presence could transfer a poor side into an outstanding one.