Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Wonder if Lita would accept £10k per week for a 2 year deal, if we could sell enough of the deadweights

let''s face it, if you were Leroy lita, would this not just be the easiest thing to do, he''s got potential to be a premiership striker, so he could come here, bang in 20, and be idolised by at least 20k people every week. If we have him for 40 weeks, that''s 400k per season, better than trying to find a decent striker and having 3 goes at it, we might as well get a proven one. Stick him alongside a big rough''un like Lee and he''d do well.It ain''t as if he''s got an international career to uphold. He knows the place, enjoyed it here, and wouldn''t get more money than that in the Championship, the only difference for him would be the standard of football, which could be a bonus for him. We might as well have a real good go at it 1st season down here, it''ll be our best chance for a while. As we all know, one of the golden rules in league 1 is to have a 20 goal a season man, maybe cody could be that, but why bother gamble when we know Lita would bang them in for fun. I think if we offload Cureton and Pattison and that, we can have the funds to keep Dejan, Clingan(if he can possibly stay), hoolahan and still get Lita. How about the board promised Lita and Lee up top next season in exchange for the rebate, even in the unlikely event it failed, i''m sure people would be happy the board had the balls to make this decision.Maybe even offer him 100k bonus for getting more than 20 goals, and a 50percent wage rise upon promotion, or a lump sum.

We would HAVE TO BUY LEE.We would have to FIND TEN GRAND WAGES.We would have to convince Lita that our kids and nobodies would GIVE HIM THE BALL.You think Cureton and Pattison would fund keeping anyone?You think we can KEEP CLingan and Hoolahan?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SNIFFING?

Would love to see him in a city shirt again...and im sure he would pi$$ league 1...but he wouldnt come when he can have his pick of chumpionship sides...and yes i did spell it chumpionship

[quote user="barryevans"]even if we could afford him he could probaly have his pick of championship sides.[/quote]point is, if we offer him a smidgen more wages, he might choose us, could be a wise choice for him in the long run, if he gets us promoted, he''ll be wanted by half the premiership and have a big fat bonus paid to him too. He''d have been better at us if roeder hadn''t persisted with playing him as the lone striker,I''d quite happily settle for him and lee being our only transfers this summer, with Nelson either kept as no. 2 or a more sutible but similar priced goalie coming in. We havent got many players as it is, so there shouln''t be too much mess to clear up.RuddSemmi- may be better in this leagueDrury- a decent preseason behind him, and he''ll easily cope at this levelDejan- give him at least until january, he''s possibly the best defender in the leagueDocYouth/lower league buy/ our ONLY season long loan (K etuhu...)Hoolahan- If he goes, try Diego Leon, excellent replacement, but Hoolahan is a cut above in terms of talent compared to the rest of our squadClinkers- no harm in keeping him at least until January if he wants to stay, there is no benefit selling him in summer as we''ll get the same amount if not more in JanuaryRussell- will be better at this levelLee- Wants to stay, maybe we can get him for around £300kLita- Why notLeaves Nelson or another competing Rudd in goal, Spillane, Smith, Martin and Cody and the other youth playersto me this seems reasonable.Lita, Hoolahan, Clingan and Dejan on around £30k combined, Doc, Drury and Lee on £5k each, Russell and Semmi on a bit less (3k), the rest on small amounts, cut out the midearners, use our youth instead. If burnley can manage with just 23 players all year, we can at least try to. So them to earners add up to just over £50k per week, with the rest making it go up to potentially £60k with only £300/500k used on transfers. £60k equates to around £3m a year, i''d say that''s sustainable with us only using £500k in the transfer market. We might even be able to sneak a couple of bosmans in there and get hucks back in october on reduced wages and a rolling contract with the promise of future roles at the club.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="barryevans"]even if we could afford him he could probaly have his pick of championship sides.[/quote]

point is, if we offer him a smidgen more wages, he might choose us, could be a wise choice for him in the long run, if he gets us promoted, he''ll be wanted by half the premiership and have a big fat bonus paid to him too. He''d have been better at us if roeder hadn''t persisted with playing him as the lone striker,

I''d quite happily settle for him and lee being our only transfers this summer, with Nelson either kept as no. 2 or a more sutible but similar priced goalie coming in. We havent got many players as it is, so there shouln''t be too much mess to clear up.

Rudd
Semmi- may be better in this league
Drury- a decent preseason behind him, and he''ll easily cope at this level
Dejan- give him at least until january, he''s possibly the best defender in the league
Doc
Youth/lower league buy/ our ONLY season long loan (K etuhu...)
Hoolahan- If he goes, try Diego Leon, excellent replacement, but Hoolahan is a cut above in terms of talent compared to the rest of our squad
Clinkers- no harm in keeping him at least until January if he wants to stay, there is no benefit selling him in summer as we''ll get the same amount if not more in January
Russell- will be better at this level
Lee- Wants to stay, maybe we can get him for around £300k
Lita- Why not

Leaves Nelson or another competing Rudd in goal, Spillane, Smith, Martin and Cody and the other youth players

to me this seems reasonable.
Lita, Hoolahan, Clingan and Dejan on around £30k combined, Doc, Drury and Lee on £5k each, Russell and Semmi on a bit less (3k), the rest on small amounts, cut out the midearners, use our youth instead. If burnley can manage with just 23 players all year, we can at least try to. So them to earners add up to just over £50k per week, with the rest making it go up to potentially £60k with only £300/500k used on transfers. £60k equates to around £3m a year, i''d say that''s sustainable with us only using £500k in the transfer market. We might even be able to sneak a couple of bosmans in there and get hucks back in october on reduced wages and a rolling contract with the promise of future roles at the club.
[/quote]i can see exactly were you are comin from JS...it would also show the fans the board are showing some ambition.....oh ambition never gonna happen..lol

Realistically the chances of Lita dropping down to League 1 are rather small. 

[quote user="AndyJR"]Realistically the chances of Lita dropping down to League 1 are rather small.  [/quote]we could try convince him otherwise as stated above, he''d have a year free of the stresses and strains of the Championship and the potential to get a 30 goal season on his cv, he''d be possibly the best player at a club with over 20k crowds. I''d rather that than competing with Jon Macken and Iain Hume for a place in Barnsley''s team to try and do okay for a few thousand people for less money and less incentive.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="AndyJR"]Realistically the chances of Lita dropping down to League 1 are rather small.  [/quote]we could try convince him otherwise as stated above, he''d have a year free of the stresses and strains of the Championship and the potential to get a 30 goal season on his cv, he''d be possibly the best player at a club with over 20k crowds. I''d rather that than competing with Jon Macken and Iain Hume for a place in Barnsley''s team to try and do okay for a few thousand people for less money and less incentive.[/quote]Take your point but the cynic in me says it''s all about money.

Lita priced himself out of a return to Bristol City earlier this week (wage demands made it a non starter said the manager) and, for what it is worth, currently being linked to both WBA and Boro. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Lita priced himself out of a return to Bristol City earlier this week (wage demands made it a non starter said the manager) and, for what it is worth, currently being linked to both WBA and Boro. [/quote]so he can sit around on the bench for another year. We''re a more sustainable club than Bristol City, and can probably afford to take bigger risks than them. I think we could get him, the balls in our court, it''s just how much we want him, and if theres other players we know who would be similarly as effective. I think the board will try and skimp it and go for some unknown quantity they might get lucky on, when will they learn. I bet the cost of Sibierski, Killen, Mooney, Cureton, Gow, Strihavka... (shall i keep going) is more than the cost of what we could have bought, a known goalscorer who is more than likely going to score goals for us. Lita for me is a gamble worth taking. Anyone got any better alternatives?

I see were your coming from Jimmy. There is so many out of contract players around at the moment we would be crazy to pay a transfer fee. Instead the money saved could be used for wages. Lita being that he''s free would cost us around 500k a season if we paid him 10k a week like u said.

The one thing that concerns me is Michael Wynn Joans said last week that we would have to have a League 1 budget. So this will probably mean the club will not pay more than 5k a week in wages. I think you will find that even Cureton is earning more than that and he''s crap!!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="AndyJR"]Realistically the chances of Lita dropping down to League 1 are rather small.  [/quote]we could try convince him otherwise as stated above, he''d have a year free of the stresses and strains of the Championship and the potential to get a 30 goal season on his cv, he''d be possibly the best player at a club with over 20k crowds. I''d rather that than competing with Jon Macken and Iain Hume for a place in Barnsley''s team to try and do okay for a few thousand people for less money and less incentive.[/quote]

We all live in hope, but are board are a joke!!! we are in a real state! we need to open our eyes!

Ten grand a week is £520k a year... our overall playing budget will be about £3 million for the squad including transfer fees.  It''s not going to happen unless Carl Moore opens the chequebook.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I see were your coming from Jimmy. There is so many out of contract players around at the moment we would be crazy to pay a transfer fee. Instead the money saved could be used for wages. Lita being that he''s free would cost us around 500k a season if we paid him 10k a week like u said.

The one thing that concerns me is Michael Wynn Joans said last week that we would have to have a League 1 budget. So this will probably mean the club will not pay more than 5k a week in wages. I think you will find that even Cureton is earning more than that and he''s crap!![/quote]Well instead of wage capping, why don''t we budget and (if they like, pretend the exess we''re paying lita is a transfer fee as such!) make an exception in Leroy''s case! 1 season of him can''t do the finances too much damage, if we sold him on next summer with a year to run, he''d fetch a decent fee too most probably.

yep it has, but i think it''s worth being ambitious and having a real go at getting out of this league this year, if we don''t then make contingency plans. Obviously my plan involves a lot going to plan, like the ease of selling the right players on and that. I think we should be pulling out all the stops to try and get Lita and Lee as our strike partnership next year though. Simple sum for you, what''s 18000 times 300?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]let''s face it, if you were Leroy lita, would this not just be the easiest thing to do, he''s got potential to be a premiership striker, so he could come here, bang in 20, and be idolised by at least 20k people every week. If we have him for 40 weeks, that''s 400k per season, better than trying to find a decent striker and having 3 goes at it, we might as well get a proven one. Stick him alongside a big rough''un like Lee and he''d do well.

It ain''t as if he''s got an international career to uphold. He knows the place, enjoyed it here, and wouldn''t get more money than that in the Championship, the only difference for him would be the standard of football, which could be a bonus for him. We might as well have a real good go at it 1st season down here, it''ll be our best chance for a while. As we all know, one of the golden rules in league 1 is to have a 20 goal a season man, maybe cody could be that, but why bother gamble when we know Lita would bang them in for fun. I think if we offload Cureton and Pattison and that, we can have the funds to keep Dejan, Clingan(if he can possibly stay), hoolahan and still get Lita. How about the board promised Lita and Lee up top next season in exchange for the rebate, even in the unlikely event it failed, i''m sure people would be happy the board had the balls to make this decision.  We will probably have a total player salary bill of £4m or less. £10 000 a week for Lita is over £500 000 of that so everyone else would have to be pretty cheap

Maybe even offer him 100k bonus for getting more than 20 goals, and a 50percent wage rise upon promotion, or a lump sum.
[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]We would HAVE TO BUY LEE.

We would have to FIND TEN GRAND WAGES.

We would have to convince Lita that our kids and nobodies would GIVE HIM THE BALL.

You think Cureton and Pattison would fund keeping anyone?

You think we can KEEP CLingan and Hoolahan?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SNIFFING?
[/quote]

And you call me RUDE?, is it annoying that i am SPORADICALLY writing in CAPITAL letters? Just to emphasise my POINT, like a news in the WORLD journalist? Dont you find it a little bit RUDE? Or is it just that YOU know that people WONT read your posts if you didnt do it ACE?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Ten grand a week is £520k a year... our overall playing budget will be about £3 million for the squad including transfer fees.  It''s not going to happen unless Carl Moore opens the chequebook.

[/quote]

I agree. Its actually a lot more than 520k a year, when you take into consideration the clubs National Insurance contributions and insurance.

That said, if we signed him on a two year contract for 520k with a clause that he can go for £1m if we dont get promoted, then we would actually be making the money back (just about).

I think thats were the club lacks, the ability to look at the bigger picture. It might cost us about 700k to have Lita on the pitch next year, but if he scores 25 goals then we are either going to in the championship or selling him at a profit.

Leaving aside the finances I really do not see him coming down to League One.  I think you will find he will have offers from at least the Championship.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]let''s face it, if you were Leroy lita, would this not just be the easiest thing to do, he''s got potential to be a premiership striker, so he could come here, bang in 20, and be idolised by at least 20k people every week. If we have him for 40 weeks, that''s 400k per season, better than trying to find a decent striker and having 3 goes at it, we might as well get a proven one. Stick him alongside a big rough''un like Lee and he''d do well.

It ain''t as if he''s got an international career to uphold. He knows the place, enjoyed it here, and wouldn''t get more money than that in the Championship, the only difference for him would be the standard of football, which could be a bonus for him. We might as well have a real good go at it 1st season down here, it''ll be our best chance for a while. As we all know, one of the golden rules in league 1 is to have a 20 goal a season man, maybe cody could be that, but why bother gamble when we know Lita would bang them in for fun. I think if we offload Cureton and Pattison and that, we can have the funds to keep Dejan, Clingan(if he can possibly stay), hoolahan and still get Lita. How about the board promised Lita and Lee up top next season in exchange for the rebate, even in the unlikely event it failed, i''m sure people would be happy the board had the balls to make this decision.

Maybe even offer him 100k bonus for getting more than 20 goals, and a 50percent wage rise upon promotion, or a lump sum.
[/quote]

I think the reality of our relegation has not yet sunk in for some people. We have noooooooooooo money! In fact we have less than nooooooooooooo money! I don''t know where your 10k a week is coming from but we probably have not much more than 10k a week for the entire squad. Besides which I don''t think the likes of Lita will swap being idolised by a few extra 1000 people for hard cash in his bank account. We will be relying on Cureton, some free transfers and some kids. We will be very lucky to get Lee and we need to cash in on Clingan.

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]let''s face it, if you were Leroy lita, would this not just be the easiest thing to do, he''s got potential to be a premiership striker, so he could come here, bang in 20, and be idolised by at least 20k people every week. If we have him for 40 weeks, that''s 400k per season, better than trying to find a decent striker and having 3 goes at it, we might as well get a proven one. Stick him alongside a big rough''un like Lee and he''d do well.It ain''t as if he''s got an international career to uphold. He knows the place, enjoyed it here, and wouldn''t get more money than that in the Championship, the only difference for him would be the standard of football, which could be a bonus for him. We might as well have a real good go at it 1st season down here, it''ll be our best chance for a while. As we all know, one of the golden rules in league 1 is to have a 20 goal a season man, maybe cody could be that, but why bother gamble when we know Lita would bang them in for fun. I think if we offload Cureton and Pattison and that, we can have the funds to keep Dejan, Clingan(if he can possibly stay), hoolahan and still get Lita. How about the board promised Lita and Lee up top next season in exchange for the rebate, even in the unlikely event it failed, i''m sure people would be happy the board had the balls to make this decision.Maybe even offer him 100k bonus for getting more than 20 goals, and a 50percent wage rise upon promotion, or a lump sum.[/quote]

I think the reality of our relegation has not yet sunk in for some people. We have noooooooooooo money! In fact we have less than nooooooooooooo money! I don''t know where your 10k a week is coming from but we probably have not much more than 10k a week for the entire squad. Besides which I don''t think the likes of Lita will swap being idolised by a few extra 1000 people for hard cash in his bank account. We will be relying on Cureton, some free transfers and some kids. We will be very lucky to get Lee and we need to cash in on Clingan.

[/quote]He''d not be sacrificing any money, unless there''s a team out there stupid enough to pay him more than £10k a week, although, like when ballack went to chelsea, the fact he''s free might entice people to pay more. As i said, this relys on Pattison not wanting to be here, and getting a move, cureton being shipped off, the likes of Lappin either agreeing much reduced terms or leaving. We no longer have up to 10 loans on big wages in our squad, so we''ve saved a lot there. As for Clingan, i''ll keep saying it, as long as he''s content to be here, and it''s not damaging his career (Worthy''s okay with him) then there''s no reason to cash in on him until at least January. We will gain nothing from that. Instead of budgeting for league 1, we need to budget for getting out of league 1, i''d rather our club went down fighting than whimpered away into obscurity, as i say above, 18000 X 300 anyone? got another one, 8+3.5+1.5+0.5+0.4+0.4+1.5+2=? there''s both money and turnover there(allbeit a fair amount less now), it''s just a matter of using it right, i''m willing to bet Sibierski cost over half a million in his time here, and he joined us unfit, to me that was just plain stupid, in some ways if he was fit, he might have been better, but he wasn''t, it clearly showed. There was too many of them cases, and OJK/TAH cases. Wasted money. Leeds have spent £500k on a defender last year, and Becchio fee was never disclosed league 1 doesn''t mean having no money at all, don''t be brainwashed into thinking it''s acceptable for our club to whimper away into league 1 mediocrity, this year is not the time for that.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="book end"]

It ain''t as if he''s got an international career to uphold. He knows the place, enjoyed it here, and wouldn''t get more money than that in the Championship, the only difference for him would be the standard of football, which could be a bonus for him. We might as well have a real good go at it 1st season down here, it''ll be our best chance for a while. As we all know, one of the golden rules in league 1 is to have a 20 goal a season man, maybe cody could be that, but why bother gamble when we know Lita would bang them in for fun. I think if we offload Cureton and Pattison and that, we can have the funds to keep Dejan, Clingan(if he can possibly stay), hoolahan and still get Lita. How about the board promised Lita and Lee up top next season in exchange for the rebate, even in the unlikely event it failed, i''m sure people would be happy the board had the balls to make this decision.

[/quote]

[/quote]

As for Clingan, i''ll keep saying it, as long as he''s content to be here, and it''s not damaging his career (Worthy''s okay with him) then there''s no reason to cash in on him until at least January.
[/quote]

You can keep saying that we can cash in on Clingan in January, and I will keep saying this:-

CLINGAN IS 25, HE CAN AGREE A BOSMAN TRANSFER IN JANUARY

IS this adding to the debate, or yet another personal attack?[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="ACE"]We would HAVE TO BUY LEE.We would have to FIND TEN GRAND WAGES.We would have to convince Lita that our kids and nobodies would GIVE HIM THE BALL.You think Cureton and Pattison would fund keeping anyone?You think we can KEEP CLingan and Hoolahan?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SNIFFING?[/quote]

And you call me RUDE?, is it annoying that i am SPORADICALLY writing in CAPITAL letters? Just to emphasise my POINT, like a news in the WORLD journalist? Dont you find it a little bit RUDE? Or is it just that YOU know that people WONT read your posts if you didnt do it ACE?

[/quote]

This is the reality - this nonsense about Lita is nothing short of delusional.