Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

May have already been suggested but....

[quote user="Buzz Killington"].... Dele Adebola has been released by Bristol city. Could he do a job?[/quote]He could do a job, and i''d have been happy with him. If sheff weds are priced out of a move for him though, i''d rather not. Whilst he''s good, i don''t think he''s outstanding. Therefore i''d only give him up to £5k per week at a push. He isn''t gonna be the one who would get us out of this league.

It''s bloody sad isn''t it - a few seasons ago a Bristol City cast off would have been quite reasonably dismissed by us/supporters: it would have been "if he''s not good enough for them he''s certainly not good enough for us", but the simple fact is that now we aren''t good enough for him, and it has to be said that he is pretty ordinary :-(

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Buzz Killington"].... Dele Adebola has been released by Bristol city. Could he do a job?[/quote]

He could do a job, and i''d have been happy with him. If sheff weds are priced out of a move for him though, i''d rather not. Whilst he''s good, i don''t think he''s outstanding. Therefore i''d only give him up to £5k per week at a push. He isn''t gonna be the one who would get us out of this league.
[/quote]

5k? I wouldnt give any player 5k, thats £250k a year. If our wage budget is £3m this year, then thats 1 ninth of our wage budget.

Try 3k, thats a bit more realistic, considering Stefanovic probably takes 1 sixth of our wage budget.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Buzz Killington"].... Dele Adebola has been released by Bristol city. Could he do a job?[/quote]He could do a job, and i''d have been happy with him. If sheff weds are priced out of a move for him though, i''d rather not. Whilst he''s good, i don''t think he''s outstanding. Therefore i''d only give him up to £5k per week at a push. He isn''t gonna be the one who would get us out of this league.[/quote]

5k? I wouldnt give any player 5k, thats £250k a year. If our wage budget is £3m this year, then thats 1 ninth of our wage budget.

Try 3k, thats a bit more realistic, considering Stefanovic probably takes 1 sixth of our wage budget.

[/quote]Hmm, he''d be the option instead of Alan Lee, i expect we''ll offer him around that. Older players usually get more money, as do bosmans. Hopefully we''ll only need around 11 senior players anyway not including Cody and Rudd and that. That means we can afford £5k a week for a target man. It''s a twelfth anyway.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Buzz Killington"].... Dele Adebola has been released by Bristol city. Could he do a job?[/quote]

He could do a job, and i''d have been happy with him. If sheff weds are priced out of a move for him though, i''d rather not. Whilst he''s good, i don''t think he''s outstanding. Therefore i''d only give him up to £5k per week at a push. He isn''t gonna be the one who would get us out of this league.
[/quote]

[/quote]

sell him then!

ryan85k wrote:

Jimmy Smith wrote:

Buzz Killington wrote:

.... Dele Adebola has been released by Bristol city. Could he do a job?

sell him then!

Unfortunately other clubs aren''t queueing up for a highly paid centreback in his mid-thirties that has been injured for the last 8 months. Would love to offload him, but where!?

I would prefer Alan Lee. I can''t believe that there would be that much difference in wages.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm, he''d be the option instead of Alan Lee, i expect we''ll offer him around that. Older players usually get more money, as do bosmans. Hopefully we''ll only need around 11 senior players anyway not including Cody and Rudd and that. That means we can afford £5k a week for a target man. It''s a twelfth anyway.
[/quote]

Have you spent the last couple of days playing football manager??

You have no idea how much wages anyone is on or how much wages anyone coming to City would want.

I seem to remember a thread on here discussing average wages in League 1 being around the 100k mark or 2k a week.  Cannot see that tempting many older players who need a last hurrah.

Yes he would do a terrific job for City in div 3 but dont know if we can afford him, the irony would be if Roeder or at the time player recruitment officer Gunn had

got him this time last year to replace Dublin we would still be a championship side

[quote user="Badger"]
I would prefer Alan Lee. I can''t believe that there would be that much difference in wages.
[/quote]

I agree with you here, would have Alan Lee all the way.