Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Huckerby - "I honour contracts"

[quote user="singing canary"]

surely if he in constant talk with gunny , the conversation must have cropped up ,

i dont think you could call that an illegal approach .

both norwich and huckerby could have allready sorted something , but neither would want to say anything , leaving either or both parties liable .

i have no doubt he will be back , he will have a major point to prove .. wouldnt you if you were him?

[/quote]

Yeah but thats what im saying, neither party could say anything whatsover about a deal for him to sign on 1st November even on 27th October 2009. He could have shaken hands with Gunn already for all we know, but neither him or the club can announce any deal or imply any deal at any stage before he is a free agent on November 1st. Thats all Im saying, that we wont have a clue if he is coming or not until 1st November or later.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

I have seen many people stating how much of a good guy Huckerby is for saying this several times over the last couple of months.

I feel that maybe these people need a little clarification as to what he is actually trying to say.

He has a legally binding contract with San Jose Earthquakes with which he must comply unless San Jose Earthquakes agree to terminate this contract early, for which they would clearly require some form of compensation. Unless San Jose Earthquakes decide that they would be willing to terminate Huckerbys contract - which is unlikely unless somebody gives them good reason - then he has no choice but to ''honour'' his contract.

This compensation would clearly come in the form of a financial offer from another club, e.g. Norwich City, which San Jose feel is sufficient compensation to buy out the services of Darren Huckerby for the period of say June 2009 - November 2009. Which would be what? 250k? The only other way that Huckerby would be able to not honour his contract is to buy it out himself, which is likely to result in him losing money and cannot be expected of him.

Much the same way that Leeds bought out Huckerbys Coventry City contract, Man City bought out his Leeds contract and we bought out his Manchester City contract.

Therefore, instead of stating that Huckerby is such a good guy for honouring his contract, try and count on one hand how many footballers have not ''honoured'' their contract. I can count two, Ian Crook at Ipswich and Augustin Delgado at Southampton.

Huckerby is simply saying that he has a contract that lasts until November 2009 and the only way that he can join Norwich City before that date is if Norwich make a financial offer for his services to San Jose Earthquakes.

Please bear in mind that it is illegal for Huckerby and Norwich to agree a transfer until November 2009 without this initial discussion because the Bosman rules for which we are accustomed apply to the European Union only and not the United States.

The simple fact is that we can make a financial offer for Huckerby to arrange a transfer from July 1st or we can wait until November 2009 and see if he wants to come back. Huckerby has no other choice whatsoever on a legal ground to agree at any point to come back to Norwich in November 2009 and any discussions which appear to take the form of contract negotiations would result in Norwich City being liable as an illegal approach for a contracted San Jose Earthquakes player.

I hope at least a few of you will stop saying that Huckerby is a good bloke for honouring his contract and realise that the ball can only be firmly in the clubs court until San Jose inform Huckerby that an offer has been accepted and that he can discuss terms with Norwich should be wish.

It is clear to many that Huckerby would return to Norwich immediately to be with his family should it be possible for him to do so.

Rant over, I just want to get that off of my chest.

[/quote]

well he is in the uk now....over exgaterating his injury??? cant see us digging deep if his injury is on!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="ryan85k"]

I have seen many people stating how much of a good guy Huckerby is for saying this several times over the last couple of months.

I feel that maybe these people need a little clarification as to what he is actually trying to say.

He has a legally binding contract with San Jose Earthquakes with which he must comply unless San Jose Earthquakes agree to terminate this contract early, for which they would clearly require some form of compensation. Unless San Jose Earthquakes decide that they would be willing to terminate Huckerbys contract - which is unlikely unless somebody gives them good reason - then he has no choice but to ''honour'' his contract.

This compensation would clearly come in the form of a financial offer from another club, e.g. Norwich City, which San Jose feel is sufficient compensation to buy out the services of Darren Huckerby for the period of say June 2009 - November 2009. Which would be what? 250k? The only other way that Huckerby would be able to not honour his contract is to buy it out himself, which is likely to result in him losing money and cannot be expected of him.

Much the same way that Leeds bought out Huckerbys Coventry City contract, Man City bought out his Leeds contract and we bought out his Manchester City contract.

Therefore, instead of stating that Huckerby is such a good guy for honouring his contract, try and count on one hand how many footballers have not ''honoured'' their contract. I can count two, Ian Crook at Ipswich and Augustin Delgado at Southampton.

Huckerby is simply saying that he has a contract that lasts until November 2009 and the only way that he can join Norwich City before that date is if Norwich make a financial offer for his services to San Jose Earthquakes.

Please bear in mind that it is illegal for Huckerby and Norwich to agree a transfer until November 2009 without this initial discussion because the Bosman rules for which we are accustomed apply to the European Union only and not the United States.

The simple fact is that we can make a financial offer for Huckerby to arrange a transfer from July 1st or we can wait until November 2009 and see if he wants to come back. Huckerby has no other choice whatsoever on a legal ground to agree at any point to come back to Norwich in November 2009 and any discussions which appear to take the form of contract negotiations would result in Norwich City being liable as an illegal approach for a contracted San Jose Earthquakes player.

I hope at least a few of you will stop saying that Huckerby is a good bloke for honouring his contract and realise that the ball can only be firmly in the clubs court until San Jose inform Huckerby that an offer has been accepted and that he can discuss terms with Norwich should be wish.

It is clear to many that Huckerby would return to Norwich immediately to be with his family should it be possible for him to do so.

Rant over, I just want to get that off of my chest.

[/quote]

well he is in the uk now....over exgaterating his injury??? cant see us digging deep if his injury is on!

[/quote]

Cant see why he would have any reason whatsoever to do that. We dont play any games for another 2 and a half months, even if we signed him on 1st July.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="singing canary"]

surely if he in constant talk with gunny , the conversation must have cropped up ,

i dont think you could call that an illegal approach .

both norwich and huckerby could have allready sorted something , but neither would want to say anything , leaving either or both parties liable .

i have no doubt he will be back , he will have a major point to prove .. wouldnt you if you were him?

[/quote]

Yeah but thats what im saying, neither party could say anything whatsover about a deal for him to sign on 1st November even on 27th October 2009. He could have shaken hands with Gunn already for all we know, but neither him or the club can announce any deal or imply any deal at any stage before he is a free agent on November 1st. Thats all Im saying, that we wont have a clue if he is coming or not until 1st November or later.

[/quote]

I think we get that is all you are saying but of course you are completely wrong. It is only an illegal approach if you are enticing a player to breach an existing contract or a player advertising the fact that an approach would be welcome to breach a contract.