Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

This club has screwed itself over with season ticket prices

About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....

[quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]Thought they were nearer £300 a season ticket. That''s more like £5-5.5 million.

[quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]

It''s always been a scam under Smith.

Little short of blackmail was used if you ask me by emotionally threatening supporters that if they don''t renew they won''t get in if we have a successful season.

That in itself is a bloody joke.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]

Thought they were nearer £300 a season ticket. That''s more like £5-5.5 million.
[/quote]

No, about £160 a head is about right. You have kids and Oaps in that. I was shocked to discover how cheap an OAP gets a season ticket, I know a pensioner that paid less than £150 last year.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]Thought they were nearer £300 a season ticket. That''s more like £5-5.5 million.[/quote]

No, about £160 a head is about right. You have kids and Oaps in that. I was shocked to discover how cheap an OAP gets a season ticket, I know a pensioner that paid less than £150 last year.

[/quote]Wow! I used to get a season ticket for £19 that was only around 10 years ago!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]

Thought they were nearer £300 a season ticket. That''s more like £5-5.5 million.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow! I used to get a season ticket for £19 that was only around 10 years ago!
[/quote]

And I am assuming that you were a minor at the time? Because you can still get under 12s season tickets for £25, which only serves to make YOUR estimates look silly, not mine.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]Thought they were nearer £300 a season ticket. That''s more like £5-5.5 million.[/quote]

[/quote]Wow! I used to get a season ticket for £19 that was only around 10 years ago![/quote]

And I am assuming that you were a minor at the time? Because you can still get under 12s season tickets for £25, which only serves to make YOUR estimates look silly, not mine.

[/quote]yeah, didn''t know it was still that cheap though! Depends how much the average season ticket is though. Supposedly the rebate is worth £600k to the club, 15%, so that means £4.5m then.

[quote user="Ali Dia"]About £3 million we bring in I make it.  Based around £160 a head.  Never sustainable.  Clearly.....[/quote]

Yes. kids and oaps s/t prices are cheaper but would you rather have empty seats?

increasing the price would increase the revenue from those who would renew regardless but the numbers would drop and so there would be little net benefit (also bearing in mind those kids and oaps bolster program sales and other misc sales in club shop etc).

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah, didn''t know it was still that cheap though! Depends how much the average season ticket is though. Supposedly the rebate is worth £600k to the club, 15%, so that means £4.5m then.
[/quote]

I suppose their are hospitality boxes and Gunn club and stuff included in that figure, so £4.5m would probably be about right.....

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

Little short of blackmail was used if you ask me by emotionally threatening supporters that if they don''t renew they won''t get in if we have a successful season.

[/quote].... but that was true. Anyway - no brain to make your own mind up? Felt emotionally threatened did you? Ahhhhhh.....bless.Oh I see, you''re just taking another cheap shot at Delia Smith from your keyboard with no reasoned argument. Very brave of you. Well done.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah, didn''t know it was still that cheap though! Depends how much the average season ticket is though. Supposedly the rebate is worth £600k to the club, 15%, so that means £4.5m then.
[/quote]

If 15% is £600k then the income including rebate is £4m exactly. Then take away the rebate and we have £3.4m and are broke by my calculations. If I am right please insert a snide remark on education standards if not let me have it.

Bottom line is that it shows up all the fools who think that because we get 25k gates we are rolling in it.