Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Swap deal rumour for Huckerby

The rumours have been flying re a potential swap deal involving either Green or Drury in return for Huckerby.

From Man City''s perspective, Greeno must make sense. Old man Seaman is past his best.

To counter the rumours its also been said that Man City only want in the region of £850K - £1M for Huckerby.

Now - think about it - there''s no way we are going to let either Greeno or Drury walk for such a small sum, but if say we get offered £2M + Huckerby for Greeno - the board will think about it.

Its a fine line, and who knows what will happen, but Greeno''s ambition also comes into it. If we don''t go up, we run the risk that he himself (and others) will want to move on.

Personally, I hope we keep Greeno and get Crouch / Harper on loan for rest of season.

Re Huckerby - unless Delia shells a few more peas, or we sell/swap+cash in order to buy - I can''t see it happening however much we want it.

We may well have to content ourselves with 2 out of 3.

2m plus huckerby for green? u avin a laugh, man city wud never pay that.

Not at all.

I do think that it would take a pretty large offer to tempt us to part with him. I don''t know how long he''s got left on his contract, but there''s no need to sell cheap.

Don''t you think that Greeno is worth at least £2.85 - £3M?

Remember Huckerby has been talked about in the 850K to 1M range - not the huge value Man City paid for him. And they NEED a new keeper - £3M for a potential international - that would be nothing to ManC.

What do other people think?

I agree that a swop deal is the most likely option to bring Huckerby to Norwich and hence Green instantly springs to mind as, like you say, the pony tailed one is ready to be put down. Sadly I do not believe that we could expect to get anything above £1.5m for Green, and even that is optimistic. Man Utd paid something like £2.5m for Tim Howard and Lehman at Arsenal wasn''t too far off that. Hell, even that Sebastian Frei who is rated as one of the best keepers in the world is being chased by Man Utd for only £7m. The market is simply not there and Man City know we want Hucks so they will think they are 100% in the box seat. De

If you are right and say Green is valued at 1.5M - I just can''t see Norwich going for it - which in some respects is good!

I don''t think Hucks + 500K would be a good deal as that 500K would all go on his wages anyway.

We''d be back at square one.

Where i''m coming from is if the fee was high enough it would make it possible to take on both Crouch and Huckerby which would make it more appealling to the board (but maybe not the fans??)

But I stick by what I first said - unless Delia finds some loose change down the back of the sofa (which could happen), or we get a biggish offer for someone - it ain''t going to happen re Hucks and we could quite easily see him go to a rival.

I do think we can afford Crouch (and maybe Harper) on loan to end of season irrespective of anything else, so I do think that will happen - even though that will ''blow'' any remaining transfer funds.

Its all down to the club now to either take a risk, or find some new money.

Time will tell - and we won''t have to wait too long to find out.

Is it going to be a ''Blue Christmas'' or will be ''Walking in a Winter Wonderland'' ?

I totally agree that there are two bits of buisness to be done NMTD. Season long loans for Crouchy and Harper should be pursued and this should allow us to remain competitive. Crouch is a great front man and it was proved against West Ham that we were able to get a result wihtout Hucks. Plus, we have a number of forwards who can play off Crouch, without him there is nobody to hold up the ball effectively and I do not believe we can underestimate his value.

Hucks is a toughy, In a game it doesn''t matter how good your keeper is if you are not scoring at the other end, but Greeno is worth his weight in gold. Striker or Keeper, humm, I suppose if you said to Man Utd or Arsenal who do you want, Henry and Van the Man or your keepers then the keepers would be sacrificed in an instant. If Hucks is seen by the board and Worthy as our Van or Henry, then cheerio Greeno. Good business maybe in the long run as Greeno will not stay at Div 1 team for much longer and chances are he will walk on a free.

Of course the best business would be to splash the cash, buy them all, waltz into the Prem with the squad intact and refer the bank manager to Mr Sky.

We cannot secure Harper on a season long loan as he is over the required age-the only one of the three that we could secure in this way is Crouch..

Can''t see Greeno walking away on a free as i think that he has another 3 years on his contract-so we should''nt end up with another Judas Marshall situation..