Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Bloody tax dodgers!

hmm.. Leicester Leeds and ipswich, 3 clubs who have wiped out their debts by administration in the last few years... 3 teams who owe a fortune in taxes....

Just goes to show how far cheating can get you... Leicester and the binners cheated the system before the points deductions came in.. Leeds tried to but it backfired....

I hope the debts get called in immediately.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hmm.. Leicester Leeds and ipswich, 3 clubs who have wiped out their debts by administration in the last few years... 3 teams who owe a fortune in taxes....

Just goes to show how far cheating can get you... Leicester and the binners cheated the system before the points deductions came in.. Leeds tried to but it backfired....

I hope the debts get called in immediately.

jas :)

[/quote]

The Inland Revenue have already written the money off as mentioned in the other thread on this subject.

That''s old data, but would have been correct at one time being the amount written off / still payable re administration.  I also doubt that these figures were all owing in the same FY either (i.e. the leeds figure would have been a couple of years later than Ipswich and Leicester).  I susepct that someone has taken the highest figure for each club in the list over the last few years then declared that for ''sensationalism(?)''...

Ah! so not only have they cheated local businesses, they have cheated us as taxpayers.

[quote user="Blue"]That''s old data, but would have been correct at one time being the amount written off / still payable re administration.  I also doubt that these figures were all owing in the same FY either (i.e. the leeds figure would have been a couple of years later than Ipswich and Leicester).  I susepct that someone has taken the highest figure for each club in the list over the last few years then declared that for ''sensationalism(?)''...[/quote]

Rah rah rah, figures don''t lie scummer. Come on ..pay yer debts.

It''s scum, what did you expect?They are scum, shouldn''t be a suprise when they conduct their business in a scummy way.

Yes, it doesn''t matter that we''ll be a struggling Third tier side, at least we as supporters can hold our heads up and say we our club paid its taxes.  [:P]

I don''t think the taxman would be quite so lenient with the ordinary working man if he had failed to pay all of his taxes. No, I''m sure the bastards would hound you to the grave for every last penny due.

So what are you saying - should everyone fiddle their taxes or do you act responsibly? It''s still only football at the end of the day as much as we love it.

The Board have screwed up on numerous things but to moan that we''ve acted responsibly regarding taxation is frankly ludicrous. 

If the IR has written the money off it is a total injustice, any successor orgainsiation should be made to take on such liabilities, when you think how the current Luton Town board and their fans have been penalised for the sins of others, it makes the whole situation a farce.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

So what are you saying - should everyone fiddle their taxes or do you act responsibly? It''s still only football at the end of the day as much as we love it.

The Board have screwed up on numerous things but to moan that we''ve acted responsibly regarding taxation is frankly ludicrous. 

[/quote]

What they are implying is that Ippoo should be hounded for every last penny they owe. Sounds fair enough to me.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

If the IR has written the money off it is a total injustice, any successor orgainsiation should be made to take on such liabilities, when you think how the current Luton Town board and their fans have been penalised for the sins of others, it makes the whole situation a farce.

[/quote]

Agreed. Ipswich should be treated as a Phoenix company and should owe the tax man and all local traders.

Just heard on Radio Norfolk that The Football league will soon be bringing in rules to stop Cubs with large Tax debts from getting in new players. Aparently their idea has been welcomed by the Government and the tax man.  Nothing to do with the Premier League though , so they will still benifit from cheating us (the tax payer).. I really hope we have kept up to date because i have a feeling some clubs are going to be in a bit of a mess in the next few months.