Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

The Good Luck Croft Thread

Just a thread to say good luck to Lee Croft who didnt come to Norwich City Football Club to see the team asset stripped and relegated.

Good enough for the Championship and going to the Championship. You still cant cross, but then thats why your not at Manchester City.

Good Luck with your future career. Clearly undeserving of the critiscm you have recieved on here on other threads and supposedly supported by a father of the church.

Best of luck.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Just a thread to say good luck to Lee Croft who didnt come to Norwich City Football Club to see the team asset stripped and relegated.

.[/quote]And .....who did?Good luck Lee, should have played through the middle more often mate

Well there arent many of his original team mates left, as they were the victims of that asset stripping. He joined a good Championship side and has watch it pulled apart and destroyed, he could have stayed for the rebuild, but then he also could have jumped ship a lot earlier. Although we are losing a decent fee, he has also remained pretty loyal considering.

quote user "ryan85k"

quote user "BA"And .....who did?Good luck Lee, should have played through the middle more often matequoteinteresting point that, perhaps he''d have been the perfect partner for Clinkers that we were missing all last season

I find it disgusting that Norwich fans cant even bring themselves to say good luck to a player that has given us three years of his career, he has given nothing but 100% effort, and although he isnt the best player he is certainly no Mark Fotheringham.

He doesnt deserve this critiscm, unless he goes and signs for the Scum.

Im not sure its disgusting, more a case of people not rating him very much perhaps? 

Its not about whether you rate him, its just a simple courtesy that English people were one famous for. What has he done to not even deserve a good luck? You might not rate your work colleagues, but I bet you still write good luck in their leaving cards.

The stick he''s getting is pathetic. I don''t rate the guy that highly as a player, but he has always given us 100%, and I don''t doubt that he would have signed an extension had Roeder offered him one. As I understand it he''s had  a ot of pressure form his agent who gets a much bigger fee if Crofty moves on, but you can hardly blame him for looking to stay in the Championship when he''s out of contract. Unfortunately it''s yet another errorby those running the club.

Yeah ut the point I was making is if you dont like/rate someone you are less likely to post in a thread to say "good luck", or to use the work anaology, when the good luck card comes round, to not bother signing it.[quote user="ryan85k"]

Its not about whether you rate him, its just a simple courtesy that English people were one famous for. What has he done to not even deserve a good luck? You might not rate your work colleagues, but I bet you still write good luck in their leaving cards.

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"]The stick he''s getting is pathetic. I don''t rate the guy that highly as a player, but he has always given us 100%, and I don''t doubt that he would have signed an extension had Roeder offered him one. As I understand it he''s had  a ot of pressure form his agent who gets a much bigger fee if Crofty moves on, but you can hardly blame him for looking to stay in the Championship when he''s out of contract. Unfortunately it''s yet another errorby those running the club.[/quote]

hang on is this the same croft that was dire at the start of his ncfc career? the same croft who was given the chance to turn it around so he didnt end up a lower league player? the same croft who the fans were loyal to, and then made him a fans favorite? this club made croft into the player he is and us fans continually stood by him, he should have returned the loyalty by at least staying for one more year, the guy talks bu*lsh*t - its very easy to say this and that after a move. actions speak far louder then words. if he loved the club as much as he said he would have stayed. 

lee croft= judas b*st*ard

Good thread.

Haven''t got a bad word to say about him. A few more like him in the team and we wouldn''t have been relegated.

No surprise he''s going to be playing at a higher level than us next season.

He''s a good and hard working player.

Only at Norwich could you get a young player who works hard, wins your player of the season award and still gets slaughtered by so many of the experts on the message boards.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]The stick he''s getting is pathetic. I don''t rate the guy that highly as a player, but he has always given us 100%, and I don''t doubt that he would have signed an extension had Roeder offered him one. As I understand it he''s had  a ot of pressure form his agent who gets a much bigger fee if Crofty moves on, but you can hardly blame him for looking to stay in the Championship when he''s out of contract. Unfortunately it''s yet another errorby those running the club.[/quote]

hang on is this the same croft that was dire at the start of his ncfc career? the same croft who was given the chance to turn it around so he didnt end up a lower league player? the same croft who the fans were loyal to, and then made him a fans favorite? this club made croft into the player he is and us fans continually stood by him, he should have returned the loyalty by at least staying for one more year, the guy talks bu*lsh*t - its very easy to say this and that after a move. actions speak far louder then words. if he loved the club as much as he said he would have stayed. 

[/quote]

Much the same as lots of other players that have moved on to better and bigger clubs then?  I don''t see what the problem is, he doesn''t want to play 3rd division football, and in his shoes I wouldn''t either.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Much the same as lots of other players that have moved on to better and bigger clubs then?  I don''t see what the problem is, he doesn''t want to play 3rd division football, and in his shoes I wouldn''t either.

[/quote]

I think it''s the fact that he is partly responsible for the current position. Fans can''t just walk away and forget it never happened though.

Good luck to you and hope you do well at your new club. You put in a lot of effort here and some excellent spells.

If everyone had fought as he did, we''d still be in the Championship, and he''d still be here.  It''s no co incidence that our most spineless peformances at the end came when he was injured.

Good luck Crofty.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]good luck you spineless money grabbing knob, i hope you break a leg[/quote]

You are a complete idiot. If you were in Lee''s shoes and you were wanted by numerous championship clubs. Would you take the decision to stay on at a falling, league one club of which you were not even a local lad? If you say you would, your a liar. Even if we did stay up we wouldn''t be progressing any further forward. So to even see him wait until our fate was sealed to make his decision is loyalty in my eyes.

Good luck Croft, I hope you find a team to play in that gives as much fight for the cause as you did. I''ll sure give you a good reception if you come back to play against us, providing that not be for the scum. And I certaintly don''t hope you ''break your leg''. (what a stupid thing to say).

Excellent thread btw ryan, shame some people are so narrow minded that they think Norwich City FC is the most attractive club to be at.

[/quote]It was not a stupid thing to say but a nasty and vindictive one from someone who must have a very nasty streak running through him.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]good luck you spineless money grabbing knob, i hope you break a leg[/quote]

You are a complete idiot. If you were in Lee''s shoes and you were wanted by numerous championship clubs. Would you take the decision to stay on at a falling, league one club of which you were not even a local lad? If you say you would, your a liar. Even if we did stay up we wouldn''t be progressing any further forward. So to even see him wait until our fate was sealed to make his decision is loyalty in my eyes.

Good luck Croft, I hope you find a team to play in that gives as much fight for the cause as you did. I''ll sure give you a good reception if you come back to play against us, providing that not be for the scum. And I certaintly don''t hope you ''break your leg''. (what a stupid thing to say).

Excellent thread btw ryan, shame some people are so narrow minded that they think Norwich City FC is the most attractive club to be at.

[/quote]

for what the club and fans have done for croft he should have shown some loyalty end off. i wouldnt be this critical about him if he had left in silence but the fact he went saying how much he loved the club blah blah fcuking blah has really annoyed me, as its complete tosh.

if you want to wish good luck to a player who is partly resonsible for the mess we are in and then jumps ship at the first oppurtunity rather then have the balls to put things right then you go ahead. idiots like you are destroying our club with his pathetic nicey nice mentality.

[/quote]

What have we done for Croft? The club offered him useless team-mates to play with, useless managers to work with, etc. We, the fans, offered him stick and criticism at his end product. Why would a manchester city fan being offered a career at a good championship club turn it down for us.
Haha, the fact he said he loves the club annoyed you. Ok then, let this be a warning to any players that leave in the future. Be sure to announce that ''you hated the club and couldn''t wait to get out of there''. That will be far more acceptable thanks.

jumps ship at the first opportunity? Do you even think about what you write before you write it? He has been here for 3 years, hardly ''jumping ship at first opportunity''.

as for ''Idiots like me destroying the club with our pathetic nicey nice mentality''. That doesn''t even make sense in this context. If I was posting to show my gratefulness at where the board has taken us over these last 4 years, then that sentence may have some credibility. As I was posting about a player who has now left, it doesn''t.

Think about what you put before your next reply, please.

[/quote]

no club has ever come in for him before, so he has never had the oppotunity to jump ship before, so my statment of jumping ship at the first oppotunity is correct do you think about what your actually writing?

Lincoln Canary are you sure you have been polishing your crystall ball? yet another fine example of somebody thinking that they know everything.

Go on then, give me Crofts telephone number and I will believe you.

LEE CROFT

• part of one of the worst norwich city teams in history
  • loves the club so much he didnt want to help repair the damage he helped cause
  • left the club in limbo about a new contract so we were unable to get much needed funds from his transfer in january 

why so many want to wish him good luck is absolutely beyond me.

Lincoln. Step away from your computer, have a coffee, and clear you head. Because without causing you offense, your coming across as a complete idiot. I think you''re annoyed that a player that is worth a fair few 100k has left for nothing. As some people have already said, if a few more players had put in the effort crofty did then we wouldn''t be in this mess. Yes he wasn''t the best crosser of a ball (if he was he''d be in the premiership!) but he was persistent, hard working and never pulled out from a tackle. There''s no way of telling if he did jump at the first chance, i seem to recall sheffield utd and west brom chasing him, who knows if they ever enquired. I don''t blame him for leaving. At his age and at this stage of his career he needs to be playing in the championship. Good luck finding a new club and home Lee. We''ll miss you!

he is a pro footballer and did pretty well in a poor team, he has ambition and can do better elsewhere, simple as that. if it was my career I would be looking to do better and that often involves being paid more money too, a fairly simple equation really. How many of us would play for NCFC on a significantly reduced wage? not many. Be realistic. Good luck to him. 

[quote user="Marty"]he is a pro footballer and did pretty well in a poor team, he has ambition and can do better elsewhere, simple as that. if it was my career I would be looking to do better and that often involves being paid more money too, a fairly simple equation really. How many of us would play for NCFC on a significantly reduced wage? not many. Be realistic. Good luck to him. [/quote]I agree Marty - however if Lee wanted to be thought of as a "club legend", up there with your Craig Flemings of this world, he would have stuck it out.  If status is more important to him, fair doos - I just don''t agree with the OP, who for some reason thinks we should have some kind of bizarre tribute to a hard working, occasionally effective winger in an unsuccessful team.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Lincoln. Step away from your computer, have a coffee, and clear you head. Because without causing you offense, your coming across as a complete idiot. I think you''re annoyed that a player that is worth a fair few 100k has left for nothing. As some people have already said, if a few more players had put in the effort crofty did then we wouldn''t be in this mess. Yes he wasn''t the best crosser of a ball (if he was he''d be in the premiership!) but he was persistent, hard working and never pulled out from a tackle. There''s no way of telling if he did jump at the first chance, i seem to recall sheffield utd and west brom chasing him, who knows if they ever enquired. I don''t blame him for leaving. At his age and at this stage of his career he needs to be playing in the championship. Good luck finding a new club and home Lee. We''ll miss you![/quote]

well thats becuase you drive through the south of the county through the fens. north of that lincolnshire is a very nice county with various types of terrain and many towns and a city. what you see is about 10% of the county along the a17 which is a very boring terrain

Well ive being waying up the pros and cons, and it started pretty well....

I wrote off Skegness as your Great Yarmouth.....

I wrote off Lincoln as your Norwich......

I wrote off your Grantham as your.... errr..... Thetford.

But I just couldnt for the life of me find a way of writing off Grimsby, I cant see how any county with Grimsby in it can claim to be our equal.

You realise that Im having a laugh dont you?

[quote]

Only at Norwich could you get a young player who works hard, wins your player of the season award and still gets slaughtered by so many of the experts on the message boards.

[/quote]Ultimately we''ve bought him for £600,000, he''s walked away for free. He''s been paid well in excess of £1 million for three years work and is going to warm the bench of another Championship side instead of taking any responsibility for the current mess.Wishing him luck doesn''t come into it. I had absolutely no problems with the likes of Craig Bellamy and Darren Eadie wanting to play at a higher level, but they ensured the club got a very good price for them. Croft has just buggered off at the earliest opportunity. Goodbye Lee Croft, but we certainly didn''t get value for our money.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote]

[/quote]

Ultimately we''ve bought him for £600,000, he''s walked away for free. He''s been paid well in excess of £1 million for three years work and is going to warm the bench of another Championship side instead of taking any responsibility for the current mess.

Wishing him luck doesn''t come into it. I had absolutely no problems with the likes of Craig Bellamy and Darren Eadie wanting to play at a higher level, but they ensured the club got a very good price for them. Croft has just buggered off at the earliest opportunity. Goodbye Lee Croft, but we certainly didn''t get value for our money.
[/quote]

Have to say I agree with this one! I''m not in the habit of slagging off players who leave NCFC and I don''t blame Croft for not staying, but why do we have to be so damned grateful to him for costing us so much money? Yes, he worked hard. Yes, he became one of our better players but that isn''t saying much. I certainly didn''t vote for him as POY and I was a bit surprised he got it. I wish he had stayed or that we got a decent fee for him but it sometimes doesn''t work out that way. I don''t see him ever going above average Championship level. Do you really think he would get in Sheffield United''s or Reading''s first XI?

But why did he have to say that it has nothing to do with money and that he was really happy here? If he hadn''t said that no-one would care. When people say that we as fans have a right to believe them, but in Croft''s case it is clearly bo***cks because he is leaving!

But, please people, he is no City legend. Not remotely close! We have lost a very average player and it''s a sign of the times that so many people are so upset about it - some perspective is needed.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote]

[/quote]

Ultimately we''ve bought him for £600,000, he''s walked away for free. He''s been paid well in excess of £1 million for three years work and is going to warm the bench of another Championship side instead of taking any responsibility for the current mess.

Wishing him luck doesn''t come into it. I had absolutely no problems with the likes of Craig Bellamy and Darren Eadie wanting to play at a higher level, but they ensured the club got a very good price for them. Croft has just buggered off at the earliest opportunity. Goodbye Lee Croft, but we certainly didn''t get value for our money.
[/quote]

He was bought for £600k and offered a three year contract. Why dont we put this on the flipside, does this make Sammy Clingan a waste of space after joining us on a Bosman? Will he get the same treatment if he stays for a year and leaves on a bosman. Its the clubs responsibility to sell him if he doesnt sign an extension, and ultimately it was the club that decided not to.

Also, I would be interested to see your evidence that Croft earnt "well over" £6410 a week.  Although I wouldnt rule it out, you have no idea how much he earnt. For arguments sake lets say that he took the standard 10% sign on fee (60k).  Thats £6,025. Can you provide evidence of him earning "well over" £6,025 a week?

And if he was on £6,025 a week, after not being sold, do you think we could offer him that again? Or do you think that money might come in handy next year with our £3m wage budget? For all we know the club could have offered Croft 1k a week.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have to say I agree with this one! I''m not in the habit of slagging off players who leave NCFC and I don''t blame Croft for not staying, but why do we have to be so damned grateful to him for costing us so much money? Yes, he worked hard. Yes, he became one of our better players but that isn''t saying much. I certainly didn''t vote for him as POY and I was a bit surprised he got it. I wish he had stayed or that we got a decent fee for him but it sometimes doesn''t work out that way. I don''t see him ever going above average Championship level. Do you really think he would get in Sheffield United''s or Reading''s first XI?

But why did he have to say that it has nothing to do with money and that he was really happy here? If he hadn''t said that no-one would care. When people say that we as fans have a right to believe them, but in Croft''s case it is clearly bo***cks because he is leaving!

But, please people, he is no City legend. Not remotely close! We have lost a very average player and it''s a sign of the times that so many people are so upset about it - some perspective is needed.

[/quote]

How can you ''agree'' with something that has no solid evidential foundation?

Give me Hucks anyday even with a dodgy hip. Croft another average player who won POTY in a crap team, lay money now he will spend alot of time on someones bench.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Marty"]he is a pro footballer and did pretty well in a poor team, he has ambition and can do better elsewhere, simple as that. if it was my career I would be looking to do better and that often involves being paid more money too, a fairly simple equation really. How many of us would play for NCFC on a significantly reduced wage? not many. Be realistic. Good luck to him. [/quote]I agree Marty - however if Lee wanted to be thought of as a "club legend", up there with your Craig Flemings of this world, he would have stuck it out.  If status is more important to him, fair doos - I just don''t agree with the OP, who for some reason thinks we should have some kind of bizarre tribute to a hard working, occasionally effective winger in an unsuccessful team.[/quote][Y]