Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Danny Kelly signs from Academy!!!! Ambition is alive at NCFC!

Good luck to young Danny Kelly; he must be chuffed to get a professional contract. However this will be the extent of the board''s ambitions for the foreseeable future. Remember the club''s mantra, ''Prudence with no ambition''.....

Yeah, we should have let somebody else sign him, that''s obviously what an ambitious club would have done, after all Premiership clubs don''t sign players from their own acadamies , do they ?

I reckon we''ll see half a dozen more suddenly coming through from the academy during the close season.  [:P]

We should have never let go of Bally Smart, this would have been the ideal chance for him to break into the first team. That boy had so much potential.

Good luck to the lad but I can''t bring myself to getting too excited about our young players coming through the ranks, not like in the 90''s! How can we expect the likes of daley, lathrope, smith, adeyemi and kelly to come into the first team next season when they haven''t even been playing reserve team football!? (wroxham doesn''t constitute reserve team football to me!) Anyone one who thinks we''ll be able to compete next year, seriously needs their heads checking! Rant over!

Admittedly we will have to rely on youth a bit more given our financial state but signing professional terms does n''t mean you are straight into the first team squad.  If we join a reserve league this will obviously help in development of our youth and perhaps one day they will press on into the first team.Credit to Danny and good luck.

Our first signing of the summer - may there be many more....

[quote user="supercol"]Yeah, we should have let somebody else sign him, that''s obviously what an ambitious club would have done, after all Premiership clubs don''t sign players from their own acadamies , do they ?[/quote]What a stupid post, of course Premiership clubs sign players from their own.... oh wait a minute... were you being sarcastic?

[quote user="Spartan"]Good luck to young Danny Kelly; he must be chuffed to get a professional contract. However this will be the extent of the board''s ambitions for the foreseeable future. Remember the club''s mantra, ''Prudence with no ambition''.....[/quote]

I remember being excited when Eagle signed a proffesional contract. Its nothing to get excited about.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]We should have never let go of Bally Smart, this would have been the ideal chance for him to break into the first team. That boy had so much potential.[/quote]

Totally agree.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]We should have never let go of Bally Smart, this would have been the ideal chance for him to break into the first team. That boy had so much potential.[/quote]Looks like he plays for Corfu now :P