Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

micky nelson

we would have someone solid at the back ,

butterworth rates him highly , i have heard some good reports on him .

highly respected in leauge one ,

views , anyone know much about this man ?

Thought he was going to LeedsAnyone over Doc and Shack will do me

Oh great, a 29 year old from Hartlepool.  Something to get excited about.  Reminds me of when we broke our trnafer record to sign Newsome.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Oh great, a 29 year old from Hartlepool.  Something to get excited about.  Reminds me of when we broke our trnafer record to sign Newsome.[/quote]]

Its bloody Jason Jarrett all over again!

are you lot serious? who were you expecting... I honestly believe if we signed this kind of player last season we would be playing championship football next season instead of fighting it out tooth and nail with brentford and co...but still who am i to get in the way of another petty moan from you guys! lap it up!

Exactly Chrip these are the kind of players we will be signing so get used to it. This is how to get promoted not by signing premiership reserves.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Exactly Chrip these are the kind of players we will be signing so get used to it. This is how to get promoted not by signing premiership reserves.[/quote]How to get promoted would be signing the better players in League 1 and 2 , Hartlepool only just escaped relegation and conceeded 79 goals hardly a glowing reference for their defenders .

Agreed.

I am probably just being bitter but after seeing Croft walk away on a free, Marshall go for little more and Clingan linked with a move the only sign of someone coming back the other way is a League 1 defender.

Not saying I am expecting us to bring in Bobo Balde or even someone released from the Champ but that does not mean I have to like it.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Oh great, a 29 year old from Hartlepool.  Something to get excited about.  Reminds me of when we broke our trnafer record to sign Newsome.[/quote]

Taking tabloid gossip as gospel?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Oh great, a 29 year old from Hartlepool.  Something to get excited about.  Reminds me of when we broke our trnafer record to sign Newsome.[/quote]

Taking tabloid gossip as gospel?

[/quote]

Well I would always rather hear things from people on here whose brother''s son''s teacher''s gran knows something Ryan......

[quote user="Tangys fixed aganda"]

Nelson?

A leader I presume![/quote]Nah Tangy, you are getting him mixed up with that singer. I liked Hello Mary Lou the best! [:S]

[quote user=""]Thought he was going to Leeds

Anyone over Doc and Shack will do me
[/quote]

mmm Leeds, Hibs or the mess that is currently Norwich City?

I wonder where he will go?

Haven''t we seen this all before???

Maybe the Butterworth connection may work for us if he is any good?

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Exactly Chrip these are the kind of players we will be signing so get used to it. This is how to get promoted not by signing premiership reserves.[/quote]

Spot on, the days of us signing anyone who''s in his early 20''s and has shown any sort of future potential are gone - (a) because they don''t want to come here as they''ve got bigger ambitions (b) because Clubs in a higher league than us will want them and (c) because we can''t afford them anyway.

The couple of times I''ve ever seen him play, he''s always looked fairly solid, not afraid to get his head on the end of things. I''d be pleased if he signed - the sort of player we are going to need!

Leeds have agreed a fee with Hartlepool for him. Leicester originally had a bid for 175,000 accepted on the 16th of January but he didn''t want to go as he doesn''t want to move too far from his home in the North-East.