Sign in to follow this  

Not really, it was invetiable that Clingan would leave, atleast if two side are battling it out for his signature it could maximise the amount we can get for him.

The reality is that Clingan is one of our few valuable assets, player wise who we could sell!

I''m sure with the money we''ll get for him we''d be able to get at least 3 players who''d be decent in League 1!

As long as he goes for a good price, and like disaster says, we can get a few good league 1 players, it will be ok. Although having good league 1 players isnt really good enough to get out of league 1 and stay in the championship!

[quote user="NottsCanary"]As long as he goes for a good price, and like disaster says, we can get a few good league 1 players, it will be ok. Although having good league 1 players isnt really good enough to get out of league 1 and stay in the championship![/quote]

I''d bet the standard of the top 10 in the League 1 would be superior to the drivel we saw for most of last season!

Many clubs promoted into the Championship do well, so I''m sure that any good League 1 player could do a job in the Championship!

Yes, I''m going to ignore the fact that anybody could guess he was either going to Fulham or Cardiff, pretend to know from a reliable source, post it, and then wait for the opportunity to say ''i told you so''.

Well, I''ve heard from Hoolahans uncle that he''s going to palace.
Marshall''s godfather also told me he was going to Cardiff long before it was announced. So ''could have told ya so but decided against it until it was revealed''...
I know many other transfer possibilities from other players relatives but I''ll have to keep them under wraps until they are public knowledge. All I can say is, other players and leaving and some others are coming in [:)] Thanks.

Fulham CM combo of Dickson Etuhu and Sammy Clingan [:D]I thought it was a sad state of affairs when our players were getting poached by West Ham. Now our best players are good enough to be poached by.. Cardiff. [:|]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Yes, I''m going to ignore the fact that anybody could guess he was either going to Fulham or Cardiff, pretend to know from a reliable source, post it, and then wait for the opportunity to say ''i told you so''.

Well, I''ve heard from Hoolahans uncle that he''s going to palace.Marshall''s godfather also told me he was going to Cardiff long before it was announced. So ''could have told ya so but decided against it until it was revealed''...I know many other transfer possibilities from other players relatives but I''ll have to keep them under wraps until they are public knowledge. All I can say is, other players and leaving and some others are coming in [:)] Thanks.

[/quote]well,if you are doubting the validity of my source,i will tell you how i saw her.She is a dance teacher at my sisters primary school. She has had to hand in her notice because she will be moving.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Fulham CM combo of Dickson Etuhu and Sammy Clingan [:D]I thought it was a sad state of affairs when our players were getting poached by West Ham. Now our best players are good enough to be poached by.. Cardiff. [:|][/quote]Midfield is more likely to be of Murphy and Clingan than Etuhu and Clingan I should imagine. That would allow Murphy the freedom to be the play maker and play the role he did more at Liverpool which got him into the England squad.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Well, I''ve heard from Hoolahans uncle that he''s going to palace.
Marshall''s godfather also told me he was going to Cardiff long before it was announced. So ''could have told ya so but decided against it until it was revealed''...
I know many other transfer possibilities from other players relatives but I''ll have to keep them under wraps until they are public knowledge. All I can say is, other players and leaving and some others are coming in [:)] Thanks.

[/quote]
well,
if you are doubting the validity of my source,
i will tell you how i saw her.
She is a dance teacher at my sisters primary school. She has had to hand in her notice because she will be moving.

[/quote]

Sounds reasonable. Still, their is no denying it''s an incredibly easy rumour to make up.

If your original post is valid and not an attempt at a rumour then fair play. But i''m sure you can see where my doubts are coming from ...

i end up reading them most of the time myself!!!!but i just posted it as i was rather disappointed to see another player looing to goalthough she did admit she wants to stay!!

I''d say it''s good news as we all think he''ll leave and if Fulham are stil interested as we could get a Premiership sized fee.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]Hope he goes to Fulham tbh. Not sure he would play to many games though as Etuhu and Murphy have been excellent this season.[/quote]Murphy has been excellent but is getting on a bit in footballing terms these days and Etuhu has only really played since January after loosing Bullard. Yes Etuhu has done well but as usual its a little bit of consistancy he lacks. I should imagine that Clingan will be brought in as competition but if you believe what you read Fulham could also be after Huddlestone. That would give you an interesting choice in midfield. Etuhu and Murphy as the attacking midfielders and Huddlestone and Clingan as the holding / defencive midfielders. Either way Hodgeson is a genius and if he does well this season the FA will kick themselves for not giving him a shot at the England job - successful everywhere with a limited budget or not.

[quote user="canarytom"]What are Mrs Clingan''s knockers like? Does she have a peachy bottom?[/quote]

Not at all appropriate, we are talking about somone''s partner here. Grow up.

[quote user="Grif"]

[quote user="canarytom"]What are Mrs Clingan''s knockers like? Does she have a peachy bottom?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, but she must be fit, she''s married to a professional footballer!

[quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]

Why not?

I would have thought that after their most successful season for years and about to finish 7th in the premiership, they would be setting their standards a little higher than Sammy. Maybe if Lawrie Sanchez was still in charge as he bought every average Norn Irish player going but can''t see it myself.

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]

Why not?

[/quote]

Because there is no need to be so crude about things. What she looks like is irrelevant and its not fair to comment on such things. It''s insulting to women. People other than ourselves read these messageboards. Time to apply a little discretion my friend.

[quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]

My god. I have never seen somebody so against everything on this messageboard. Do you gain something out of complaining to each poster in any way possible. Every joke thats posted,"Laugh. Thought I''d never start". Every slightly light-hearted post, and it''s ''not appropriate''.

Think you need to lighten up a bit. It''s a wonder how you''re actually a fan of family guy, I''m suprised it doesn''t offend you or something.