Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Over the last 17 years, have we been the most unlucky fans?

We''ve constantly underachived since coming 3rd in the prem apart from 2 seasons out of 18! Can any other clubs better that?

Lincoln City hold the record for:

a) making the playoffs and always losing

b) being the first club ever to be relegated to the Conference League

c) having the worst record for reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

But I don''t care and absolutely love them to pieces and next year will be OUR season.[+o(]

And my name is on our 125th anniversary shirt.

So there!  Bring it on.[:D]

PS: And being the first club to hire some bloke called Darren Huckerby after everyone else told him to **** off.[:$]

Leeds?

Knocked out in the latter stages of the Champions league.

Fans slaughtered on the streets of ..... in Turkey.

Relegation, twice.

All it''s best players having to be sold off, twice.

Bankruptcy with Ken Bates in charge too, say no more!

Beaten by Millwall, not sure who I wanted to win that one though?

Still having to put up with the tag of dirty Leeds after the Bremner era and then the Bowyer times too.

I''m sure that you can think of more ''fings against Leeds but I''m going to bed

Night

Andy.

[quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]

Leeds?

Relegation, twice.

Still having to put up with the tag of dirty Leeds after the Bremner era and then the Bowyer times too.

I''m sure that you can think of more ''fings against Leeds but I''m going to bed

Night

Andy.

[/quote]May I add:Being filthy, stupid northern monkeys..

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]

Leeds?

Relegation, twice.

Night

Andy.

[/quote]

May I add:

Being filthy, stupid northern monkeys..
[/quote]

Happily I don''t have any probs with any club.

quote user="Happyhammer/Andy"

Leeds?

Relegation, twice.

Night

Andy.

/quotethey had a lot of good years though, they definately win from the last 10 years, despite 3 playoff finishes and 2 finals. They were a decent team to support until the season after that Champions league semi final finish. We''ve gone from 3rd in the prem, to 11th, to relegated, had our best players sold, 9 years of lower half/ underachieving finishes in the championship apart from the playoff year, true we had the title winning season, but then relegation from a favourable position on the last day, underachievement for 3 years, relegation again, who knows what now! Not as if we gambled and lost like Leeds either!Add to that, I count 1 Quarter final of either cup vs Birmingham in that entire time, i might be wrong! That has to be some kind of record for the top 2 flight ever presents.I''d have put bradford in the mix, but 15 years ago they were league 1 also rans, and so had the good years of going up and surviving in the Premiership. They win hands down over the last 6 or 7 years!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Lincoln City hold the record for:

a) making the playoffs and always losing - at least you got there!

b) being the first club ever to be relegated to the Conference League - you''re back now!

c) having the worst record for reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup. - we have a similar record getting to the 5th, but we enter at the 3rd round

But I don''t care and absolutely love them to pieces and next year will be OUR season.[+o(]

And my name is on our 125th anniversary shirt.

So there!  Bring it on.[:D]

[/quote]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]Tottenham fans are genuinely quite unlucky, there clubs always promises so much but always fails to deliver in the end.[/quote]never finished in the bottom 6 of the premiership, that ain''t bad!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Rochdale have been in the same division for 34 years[/quote]Consistent AKA Prudence with Stagnation 

OMG stop feeling sorry for yourselves for godness sake!

most unlucky? what about Leeds for starters? won the league, lost in champions league semi final, f*cked up the premier title to their greatest rivals, then went bankrupt, saw their endless talent sold (many for peanuts) then relegated, rebuilt the squad, lost playoff final, next year relegated, then -15 pts followed by playoff final defeat again, then favourites to go up poor start got in playoffs and lost again!

seems bit unluckier than norwich fans?

or maybe rochdale fans? how many years since they last promoted or even relegated 36-37years??? imagine that the same league year in year out nothing changes just the SAME

every dog has its day its not the end of the world this gives you the chance to build a proper squad instead of this mickey mouse loan system youve adopted! gives you the chance to start from scratch!

so just get behind your team and support them not matter what and stop feeling sorry for yourselves

What about Wimbledon? Went from one of Englands best to non existent in the space of a few years. I can''t imagine what it must feel like to have a club you feel so passionate about to then fail to ever exist, maybe one day I will find out though.

Sheffield United, by a country mile. Being cheated out of staying in the Premiership AND having Bryan Robson as manager. I rest my case.

[quote user="Destort"]

I''d have to say to Luton

[/quote]

So I support two of the unluckiest teams in the League then - City & Luton. But although the latter were dealt with way too harshly by the powers that be, I''d prefer to put it down to poor administration at both clubs rather than luck.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Sheffield United, by a country mile. Being cheated out of staying in the Premiership AND having Bryan Robson as manager. I rest my case.[/quote]

Not Really,

1. They''ve recieved compensation

2. All they had to do to stay up was Draw at Home to Wigan Athletic - So it''s Sheffutd''s FAULT

3. Doubtful i know, but if west ham didn''t have Tevez how do we garuntee that West Ham''s Reserve Striker wouldn''t have scored the same amount as Carlos - Doubtful but possible

Sheff Utd''s Fault they went down - End Off