Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

WARNING - OPTOMISTIC POST! MUST READ!

Ok, to everybody on this message board who keep on moanin and moaning about the state of the club - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IF YOUR THAT BOTHERED!  I am not at all happy with the state the club is in, player-wise, financially and at board room level.  But it''s too late too do anything about it now, the time when a group of fans should have taken the bull by the horns and started a demonstration has come and gone!  It should have been done months ago, but instead everybody just sits on these message boards moaning and whinging!

There has been one decent post on this message board since i have been viewing this and that comes from the chap who''s post made it into the EDP following the post from the Liverpool supporter.

Now for the optomistic part...............I am looking forward too next season, i really am excited at the prospect of Gunny and his team assembling a squad which will compete at League One level next season, and although at the time i thought the introduction of Gunny wasn''t a clever move, i have since thought long and hard about this, and after what him and the rest of the management team experienced last season, who''s better placed to WANT to do EVERYTHING they can to put this right except the current management team?  There is very little money to work with, we all know this and all moan about ''where the money has gone?'' but it''s now time to get behind Norwich City Fc more than ever.  We have a man who is very much loved and respected as our manager and a host of ex city players amongst the coaching team who ''care'' about this club.

Even though i''m only 24, i''m very much a traditionalist when it comes to football and going to away games.  I love going to grounds with character and maybe even a bit run-down, but thats what makes it fun!  All the new stadia that is being built is the same old same old!  Big one tier bowl shapped grounds with no atmosphere - HOW BORING!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to going to the likes of Oldham, Exeter and so on next season!  Old crappy stadiums with an atmosphere are far more fun to visit!

I have faith that Gunny and his team will assemble a decent squad for us next season.  There are enough released players and out of contract players to assemble the core of a decent side, but we just need to entice them to Norwich, which let''s face it....with our facilities and support shouldn''t be hard!

So stop the moaning because it''s getting very boring now.  As i said above, the time of demonstrations has come and gone and it''s now time to support Norwich 100%.  get behind us in League One, because at this moment in time that is the level of football we deserve to be at.  But we can do it next season, i really believe with a few shrewd signings and the removal of useless dead wood (Jon Otsemobor) we can be a fantastic team next season, and have a couple of emerging stars from the youth.

I''m fully behind you Gunny, i hope you get a decent enough budget to play with this summer to get some dedicated players into the club.  Come on you yellows!

Well said crabman, i think this message board is used purely by people who enjoy moaning and very few people who can contribute anything that is constructive and supportive. We all know that mistakes have been made and yes we would all like someone with the right intentions for the club to buy us and spend our way back to the championship and above but hey we''ve got what we''ve got and there is little that you or i can do about it.

I am not 100% sure that Gunny will be as good as you are expecting but I will support the team and him as i have done over the past 20 years, we need contracted players who want to be at the club and who will give 100% to the cause, i am certain these are the type of players Gunny will be looking to recruit.

Unfortunately i am not in the position to follow us home and away due to having a young family but i agree the old stadiums are the best, i remember going to Oxford a few years back when i think they had about 7 or 8 different stands! Quality!

[quote user="crabman84"]

Ok, to everybody on this message board who keep on moanin and moaning about the state of the club - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IF YOUR THAT BOTHERED!  I am not at all happy with the state the club is in, player-wise, financially and at board room level.  But it''s too late too do anything about it now, the time when a group of fans should have taken the bull by the horns and started a demonstration has come and gone!  It should have been done months ago, but instead everybody just sits on these message boards moaning and whinging!

There has been one decent post on this message board since i have been viewing this and that comes from the chap who''s post made it into the EDP following the post from the Liverpool supporter.

Now for the optomistic part...............I am looking forward too next season, i really am excited at the prospect of Gunny and his team assembling a squad which will compete at League One level next season, and although at the time i thought the introduction of Gunny wasn''t a clever move, i have since thought long and hard about this, and after what him and the rest of the management team experienced last season, who''s better placed to WANT to do EVERYTHING they can to put this right except the current management team?  There is very little money to work with, we all know this and all moan about ''where the money has gone?'' but it''s now time to get behind Norwich City Fc more than ever.  We have a man who is very much loved and respected as our manager and a host of ex city players amongst the coaching team who ''care'' about this club.

Even though i''m only 24, i''m very much a traditionalist when it comes to football and going to away games.  I love going to grounds with character and maybe even a bit run-down, but thats what makes it fun!  All the new stadia that is being built is the same old same old!  Big one tier bowl shapped grounds with no atmosphere - HOW BORING!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to going to the likes of Oldham, Exeter and so on next season!  Old crappy stadiums with an atmosphere are far more fun to visit!

I have faith that Gunny and his team will assemble a decent squad for us next season.  There are enough released players and out of contract players to assemble the core of a decent side, but we just need to entice them to Norwich, which let''s face it....with our facilities and support shouldn''t be hard!

So stop the moaning because it''s getting very boring now.  As i said above, the time of demonstrations has come and gone and it''s now time to support Norwich 100%.  get behind us in League One, because at this moment in time that is the level of football we deserve to be at.  But we can do it next season, i really believe with a few shrewd signings and the removal of useless dead wood (Jon Otsemobor) we can be a fantastic team next season, and have a couple of emerging stars from the youth.

I''m fully behind you Gunny, i hope you get a decent enough budget to play with this summer to get some dedicated players into the club.  Come on you yellows!

[/quote]You think the time for demonstrating has come and gone so we should just get behind the team and clap now we''re in Division 3?When Gunny arrived you thought it was the wrong appointment, but after successfully steering us to relegation, you now think he''s the right man for the job?You''re looking forward to playing Oldham and Exeter next season?Hmm, interesting.

I''m sure your optimism (with an i) will quickly fade when you''re standing for 3 hours in the pouring rain in the middle of January at an "old crappy stadium".... let''s hope for your sake Norwich are winning.

Yawn.Sorry you lost me when you totally contradicted yourself:Ok, to everybody on this

message board who keep on moanin and moaning about the state of the

club - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IF YOUR THAT BOTHERED!  I am not at all

happy with the state the club is in, player-wise, financially and at

board room level.  But it''s too late too do anything about it now

There''s nothing to be optimistic about, if you weren''t so blind you would realise that next season is going to be another long and very disappointing season just like the previous 3. Too many people on here seem to be under the impression that because were a bigger club than most teams in League 1 we should do well. But in reality there is little edvidence to suggest that we will be good enough to make the top half let alone the top 6. So it''s no wonder so many people are moaning on here at the minute. Honest to god have you people not learned anything from the previous seasons.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]There''s nothing to be optimistic about, if you weren''t so blind you would realise that next season is going to be another long and very disappointing season just like the previous 3.[/quote]I''ll be visiting new places, with long trips home with a higher probability of a cheer. Even my fellow fan reduced to negative vibes and misery won''t be able to interfere with the yoga flying. I''ll soar and be blissful.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]There''s nothing to be optimistic about, if you weren''t so blind you would realise that next season is going to be another long and very disappointing season just like the previous 3. Too many people on here seem to be under the impression that because were a bigger club than most teams in League 1 we should do well. But in reality there is little edvidence to suggest that we will be good enough to make the top half let alone the top 6. So it''s no wonder so many people are moaning on here at the minute. Honest to god have you people not learned anything from the previous seasons.[/quote]

I don''t think that even if we dropped to the 4th tier some people would learn. [:D]

[quote user="Shucks"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]There''s nothing to be optimistic about, if you weren''t so blind you would realise that next season is going to be another long and very disappointing season just like the previous 3.[/quote]
I''ll be visiting new places, with long trips home with a higher probability of a cheer. Even my fellow fan reduced to negative vibes and misery won''t be able to interfere with the yoga flying. I''ll soar and be blissful.

[/quote]

Are you sure about that? What exactly makes you believe we will be any better away from home next season than we were this season?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]There''s nothing to be optimistic about, if you weren''t so blind you would realise that next season is going to be another long and very disappointing season just like the previous 3. Too many people on here seem to be under the impression that because were a bigger club than most teams in League 1 we should do well. But in reality there is little edvidence to suggest that we will be good enough to make the top half let alone the top 6. So it''s no wonder so many people are moaning on here at the minute. Honest to god have you people not learned anything from the previous seasons.[/quote]

I don''t think that even if we dropped to the 4th tier some people would learn. [:D]

[/quote]learn what

In truth I do feel a bit sorry for you, crabman84.

I know it''s not your fault you''re only 24 years old. When I was your age I was optimistic too but it probably helped that we had a half-decent team then. In 2009 Bryan Gunn and his ''dream team '' are virtually starting at Ground Zero on this mission. Most of our established '' stars '' have/will be jumping ship to be replaced by kids who''ll be expected to mix it with the seasoned '' cloggers '' and journeymen footballers who inhabit our new home. Sure, there''s plenty of advice on here as to who we should try to sign but we forget that we''re not in the Championship anymore. We''re amongst the dead men. With our prospects so bleak why would any decent '' name '' player want to play at our level ?

I really cannot see how we won''t be in the wilderness for at least three or four years, probably longer.

I''ll gladly hold my hands up if I''m wrong, crabman 84, but as far as Norwich City Football Club is concerned any optimism I had left me a long time ago.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

In truth I do feel a bit sorry for you, crabman84.

I know it''s not your fault you''re only 24 years old. When I was your age I was optimistic too but it probably helped that we had a half-decent team then. In 2009 Bryan Gunn and his ''dream team '' are virtually starting at Ground Zero on this mission. Most of our established '' stars '' have/will be jumping ship to be replaced by kids who''ll be expected to mix it with the seasoned '' cloggers '' and journeymen footballers who inhabit our new home. Sure, there''s plenty of advice on here as to who we should try to sign but we forget that we''re not in the Championship anymore. We''re amongst the dead men. With our prospects so bleak why would any decent '' name '' player want to play at our level ?

I really cannot see how we won''t be in the wilderness for at least three or four years, probably longer.

I''ll gladly hold my hands up if I''m wrong, crabman 84, but as far as Norwich City Football Club is concerned any optimism I had left me a long time ago.....

[/quote]

I think you made crabman84''s point for him.

Talking about 4 years in the wilderness when you dont even know who will be playing for us this year......... let alone 3 years time.

JESUS FU**ING CHRIST!  You lot on here do my f**cking head in!  Moan, moan, moan......whinge, whinge, whinge!  I was moaning for most of last season and the previous 3 before that, but i am all moaned-out now!  I''ve got to a stage where i''ve accepted that Gunny is now our full time manager and that we are now a league one side and that we now need to fully back and get behind this new era at Norwich.

Trust me, nobody has moaned more about the state of our club more than me......i''m totally fed-up with what has gone on and the incompentance at board room level.  But what can we do about it?  What have you done about it, except moan on here and to your friends?

The idiots who have replied to my previous message above in a negative manner might as well f**k off now!  Norwich don''t need ''supporters'' like yourselves.  When i was complaning about the state of the club months ago at least i did ''something'' positive to highlight my anger.  I sent a very angrily worded letter to the club expressing how dis-heartened i was with the current regime.  And started a couple of groups on face book to get Doncaster out..........which i now have my wish for that one.  I know it''s not alot, but the fans should have been on the pitch after or during the Coventry home game a few months ago, or at Portman Road, or even the Valley on the last day and demonstrated the fact that the current board were/are sinking the club.........but Noooooooooooooo, we must not do such a thing, we are ''nice'' Norwich fans, we wouldn''t dream of being hostile or showing our disregard for the happenings at our club in an effective, positive way.......you keep on monaing to the bloke sitting next to you at the match.......because you never know he might just know somebody within the club who he can speak to to sort it all out for you..........GET REAL!

What i''m trying to say here is.......are you really going to keep on moaning all through out the summer and next season?  Or are you going to show any sort of support towards this club?  As i said in my previous post, our club needs our support more than ever now, i''m not going to be a grumpy b**ted all summer in keep moaning about our improbable decline and how we are going to be in the BS Premier soon.  What''s the point turning up to watch Norwich next season if you don''t have any hope at all???????????????????

As for watching Norwich get beat 3-0 away at a crap team at a crap ground on a pi**ing down Tuesday night....................that''s football!  what''s different between Norwich doing that next season and the previous seasons we have witnessed?  That includes our first stint in the premiership when we used to visit the likes of ''Wimbledon'' on a soggy Tuesday night and get beat.

if you can''t show any sort of positiveness for next season and hope then simple.....f**k off!

So WE do YOUR head in by moaning about the state of the club?  Then you admit YOU have moaned for three seasons, then you start a thread to moan as well?And you want US to f*uk off?

Oh and sorry, but you "did something" by sending a letter and starting a facebook group.. Er, yeah, well done, very brave and out there.Idiot.

Most fans will choose to show their positive support for the team by turning up, home or away, in great numbers and cheering on the team. No-one on here wants to see us perform badly. Moaning about the board and their decisions doesn''t make anyone a worse fan - it makes them concerned. Our team has been following a trend of lower and lower league finishes for a while now, and most people who visit this board believe that insufficient action has been taken to stop the rot.

With no football being played right now, all eyes turn to the people who run the club to sort things out. Gunn will get his chance to sort things out in the transfer market and during next season. We''ll all get behind the team then, when the football is being played. But right now it''s the board''s time to shine. And they really need to.

Just because you (the op) have got over the hurt of seeing the club drop to division three does not mean some of the people like myself who grew up on top flight football have got over it yet.

I will be there backing the team come Aug 8 (its all I know), but it does not mean I have to like it.  Yes I will travel to the venues that we have not visited for a long time, but give the bigger venues anyday, as it means we have been playing well.

If you dont like what you read on here - dont come on.  It really is that simple!

I have just read my posts back and i have not put myself across in the correct manner.  I apologise to everybody who i have offended, i didn''t mean to insult any of you.  It''s just that i view these boards every day and every day teh posts just get more and more depressing..................was just trying to lighten the mood and bring some optomism to next season for us all...............went about it in the wrong way though........sorry guys! 

[quote user="crabman84"]

I have just read my posts back and i have not put myself across in the correct manner.  I apologise to everybody who i have offended, i didn''t mean to insult any of you.  It''s just that i view these boards every day and every day teh posts just get more and more depressing..................was just trying to lighten the mood and bring some optomism to next season for us all...............went about it in the wrong way though........sorry guys! 

[/quote]

Meassgeboards/Forums are here to allow us fans to express our feelings, be it negative or positive, if you can''t stand reading realistic but negative posts then don''t read this forum at all, because we are all entitled to our opinions, sadly the clubs current dire situation leads me to nothing but negative comments, I wish I could be blindly optimistic like you and others are, but I have done that for last 4 years and look where we are now.

I agree west london canary that the mesage boards are here for people to express their feelings positive or negative, however i do feel that even if we were doing ok, top half of the championship most people who use this forum would still be moaning and complaining! It is in their character make up.

Crabman why should you apologise for your opinions, you are entitled to them and to express them on here, you do not deserve to be shot down by people who claim they know better than you. We all know what dire situation we are in and we all know that it wont be rectified overnight but i like you will be supporting the team at the start of next season and will be cheering them on how i know best hoping for a good season.

I honestly believe that most people believe that by moaning and expressing their negative opinions it will be enough to bring about change and different fortunes to our team, unfortunately they are wrong. Perhaps alot of the people on this forum who claim to be in the know should go out and look for a new investor and sit them in front of the board, in case people had forgotten we are in a recession and most people are looking after their money and not investing in a football club that seems to swallow money.

Welcome to the forum True Yellow! 

There do seem to be an awful lot of positive newbies on this site!  Where have you all been hiding?  I take it you have heard that we are in the third tier of English football for the first time in 50 years.

All good!

Ren, newbie to posting i maybe but i have been reading some of the posts on this forum for many years, for most years it was for amusement purposes as i couldn''t believe that there were so many people who were so pessimistic!

I realise where we will be playing next year and believe me i am not happy with how the club and team is being run, i was delighted when Doncaster left the club, however i am wise and mature enough to realise that there is no-one wanting to put lots of money in our football club, we cannot afford the best managers and players so we must go with what we have got and support it fully. We need to get back to where the club was many years ago of bringing through youngsters playing them for a few seasons and selling them on for good money.

Unlike a lot of people on this forum i dont believe that a certain potential investor (PC) would have been good for our club, i honestly dont believe he was going to invest money in the club without the proviso of getting back over a period of time, it would be in the form of loans and i am certain at a high interest rate!

I feel sad that the club i have supported for 22+ years is in this position and i hope that we can turn it around and get back to challenging in the championship and above, however i am realistic and am hoping for a good season next year, what that good season entails i am not quite sure!

[quote user="ACE"]Oh and sorry, but you "did something" by sending a letter and starting a facebook group.. Er, yeah, well done, very brave and out there.

Idiot.
[/quote]

100% behind you crabman, all very good points. Im fed up of coming on here and seeing people post pointless, abusive posts about Gunn or the board or whatever. I understand the frustration of relegation is still fresh in everyones minds, but that time has passed, we''re where we are because thats where we deserve to be.

All these ''fans'' moaning and whinging constantly about the situation do my head in, i bet if in 1year and we get relegated to L2 they would love it so they could say ''i told u he would be cr*p, i moaned and whinged about him all year, i know exactly what im talking about...blah blah blah eeehooor eeeehoooor''...bore off...If your a supporter, support the club.  

ACE...the most negative fan i have ever seen, if your that depressed mate get professional help.

Sorry Crabman but I''m afraid all the moaners (me included) are totally justified in their attitude at the moment. We have been relegated to the third tier not because of bad referees, bad luck or lack of cash but because of dredful decisions at board room level and rank bad management. We have been promised radical change but so far the only thing that has happened is that the power in the boardroom has been even more deeply entrenched in Delias hands, the manager who relegated us with a record even worse than that of Roeder has been reappointed and we are in the market for lower league players why our mercenary crew desert ship. What in hells name do you expect???

I dont know how you have managed to remain possitive and all credit to you for being able to but I cant raise a smile at the moment however hard I look at it. Quite frankly I dont need you telling me I should f**k off and that the club doesn''t need supporters like me. If all the supporters who are feeling miserable about our prospects didn''t turn up then you would be siiting at a virtually empty carrow road and the club would be in administration. Still I expect you still be looking on the bright side. 

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

learn what
[/quote]

Read the above...................sheesh

True Yellow - here is how I see it, Delia wants her money back, no-one wants to pay £30 per share to her, take on the debt and bring in a budget for the team, therefore stalemate.  Delia claims she wants "investment", but there is a big difference between wanting a million pounds or so to come in and actually selling the club. 

If Delia did not want her money back she would have been gone a long time ago, I am sure of that. 

Ill start looking forward to the future of this club when she starts telling the truth!

Honestly i beleive she would leave with only getting half of her money back but i am sure others will not agree with that! With the economy being as it is i wouldnt mind there being some investment and not a take over, if we could get between 5 and 10 people putting 2 or 3 million in each therefore sharing the control of the club i would be very happy and that would mean delia would still have some involvement which i believe isnt a bad thing. Whatever you think of her the only profitable part of the club is the restaurants so she could still oversee them.

With regards to the truth i dont think we will ever really know that, i think there has been so many lies and misconceptions the board no longer know the truth, as i have said at the moment i will support the team 100%, however i was one of the first to be chanting Roeder out and receiving much criticism from fellow barclay season ticket holders. So i am prepared to give them the summer to see a) what players we bring in and b) how the shape of the board is at the beginning of the season.

That said i still believe that most people on this forum only use this to moan and rarely have anything positive and worthwhile to say!

[quote user="trueyellow"]

Honestly i beleive she would leave with only getting half of her money back but i am sure others will not agree with that! With the economy being as it is i wouldnt mind there being some investment and not a take over, if we could get between 5 and 10 people putting 2 or 3 million in each therefore sharing the control of the club i would be very happy and that would mean delia would still have some involvement which i believe isnt a bad thing. Whatever you think of her the only profitable part of the club is the restaurants so she could still oversee them.

With regards to the truth i dont think we will ever really know that, i think there has been so many lies and misconceptions the board no longer know the truth, as i have said at the moment i will support the team 100%, however i was one of the first to be chanting Roeder out and receiving much criticism from fellow barclay season ticket holders. So i am prepared to give them the summer to see a) what players we bring in and b) how the shape of the board is at the beginning of the season.

That said i still believe that most people on this forum only use this to moan and rarely have anything positive and worthwhile to say!

[/quote]

You make some very good points and I think it would be for the good of the club if 5-10 people came forward with the sort of money you are talking about, it would break the monopoly of the current shareholder down. However I do wonder if they are out there at Delia''s asking price.  As you say I doubt we will know the truth.

Re your final point, and dont take this the wrong way, but if you dont like what you read on here, why come on here in the first place?

Fair point, when i started looking on here it was when we were doing reasonably well and i liked to see the rumours (some more believeable than others) and since then i have checked in on it with some regularity. However i believe over the past 2/3 years this site has gone away from being somewhere to talk to people about issues and concerns and potential targets etc and more to do with slagging of the board and any manager that we have. After reading several posts it gets to the stage where i felt i needed to say something as i cannot complain about something and then keep quiet!

In some respects i think the board are on a hiding to nothing, whoever they appoint there will be someone who disagrees and looks forward to the failure that may happen! And no that doesnt mean i agree with their decisions!!