Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Plenty of striking company!!!!! Steady on....

Let''s not get things out of proportion!

Today''s Premiership table shows that there are 11 clubs which have scored between 5 to 9 goals to date this season. City have scored 6.

If our striker pool contained Jermaine Defoe, Robby Keane and Freddie Kanoute presumably many of us would be in ecstasy? But.......Spurs have scored 5 goals so far - and how much did their celebrated threesome cost?

Chelsea have apparently registered the highest number of shots this year (128 I think). They have scored 8 goals. Enough said.

Spurs have conceded 5 and Chelsea 2. Is there any food for thought there? City have conceded 14 and are amongst a group of 12 clubs which have let in between 11 to 18.

I don''t have the answer except to suggest that blowing a small fortune on ''the answer'' in January will be akin to playing roulette (believe me, I go back to 1958!!!!). Back Leon and give him a decent run - instinct tells me that the guy has it and can work with Hucks. If not, move Jonson up alongside Hucks and bring in Helveg to right midfield. Midfielders and centre backs are also supposed to score a quota.

Southampton with Beattie, Phillips, a certain Mr Crouch etc have scored 6. Oh, well.

Lastly. Whisper it. Man Utd have scored 9. Wow.

OTBC. Never mind the danger. Steady on......

yes I must admit that I am one of the give Leon a chance school.  There are too many people that just because a player does not do it over two or three games that believe he should be given the chop and replaced by somebody else who could then go two or three games without scoring .  Sometimes players come into their own after being given a lengthy spell in the team and believe it or not sometimes certain players have to find their feet in the premiership (Earnshaw, Johnsson, Helveg) before they come good.  I firmly believe that Leon will come good as his movement is good and once he gets the first goal believe he will go from strength to strength.

Firmly believe that once we get our first win we will start to progress up the league and find ourselves in a good position come the January window when that should be a good incentive for any furture forward (providing we need one then).  Last nights game between Pompey and Tottenham created 27 chances of which only one was put away.  Anything familiar here.  Just goes to prove that every club misses chances (just watch MOTD) and not just Norwich.  However our play has been very good and we just need that one win to give us the necessary confidence.  The feel good factor certainly returned for me when we went from bottom to fourth from bottom on Sat so the team must feel the same therefore breeding confidence.

How u doing Stevenage Fan.

Totally in agreement NavMan, Leon will deliver! and it will come sooner than later.....Owen has just scored for Real Madrid and he has just gone through an ''adhesive patch''....Stick with Leon!(s''cuse the pun!) Get behind the team! It''s going to be a belter on Saturday and I can''t wait!!! 

The problem is that if we had beaten WBA then we would all be very pleased with the sart of the season. unfortunately luck and inches play a major part in the difference between survival and relegation in this league

[quote]yes I must admit that I am one of the give Leon a chance school. There are too many people that just because a player does not do it over two or three games that believe he should be given the chop a...[/quote]

Well said Navman, my long time confident-of-Leon-to-score-feeling was waning , but your logic has reawakened it. Cheers !

Hey Navman.  Since our conversation I thought I would get back on the boards and got right in there with a good old debate with the Wizard himself, lol.

Hope to get back to Norwich over the next couple of weeks and hope to see you all again. 

Take care.

Oh BTW very good points on this thread which I totally agree with, no need for panic just yet.

Robbo007.

The big problem for City is that you can also pay big money and get an ''Adi Akinbiyi'' in pursuit of ''the answer''!!!!!!!

Personally, I think that we should go for Dean Ashton since both David Platt and Peter Taylor rate him highly enough to start for their England under-21 teams. Otherwise go for a talented hungry loan signing with a point to prove (like Hucks & Crouch last year).

I still think that Leon can make it and he should be given every opportunity until Xmas.

OTBC 

Although I find it hard to get to FCR myself, I would like to ask everyone who does to really get behind Leon, try and boost his confidence right up there.  Forgive me if that already happens, I know we are the greatest fans in the world!!

i think mckenzie has the potential to do serious damage up there with hucks. he''s quick, strong and has an eye for goal. i think we should give him a chance, after all he''s made a huge step up from the 2nd division, (league 1... whatever) to the best league in the world in less than a year, most people seem to be forgetting that, and others such as gary holt haven''t found the step-up too easy either have they?

I''m right in there with the "give Leon an extended run" camp. Without doubt he has "missed" with a few chances but he has the all too rare ability to actually be in the right place to at least create a chance. That is a skill that can''t be taught, great strikers have all had that ability and Leon has it. Stick with him and he could well come through.  

Not sure about premiership being the the worlds best division but its certainly an equal to spain and I would also say our lower divisions are the best in the world unlike Italy,France,Germany etc Where the same teams go up and down every year(very much like palace)