Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Croft Transfer Tribunal !

Can someone confirm whether we are entitled to compensation from Lee Croft''s move whoever he joins, becuase i haven''t heard anyone talk bout this, i though the ruling was clubs can receive compensation for players who move when their contract is up under the age of 24, and Lee Croft is only 23.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]   Can someone confirm whether we are entitled to compensation from Lee Croft''s move whoever he joins, becuase i haven''t heard anyone talk bout this, i though the ruling was clubs can receive compensation for players who move when their contract is up under the age of 24, and Lee Croft is only 23.[/quote]I think it''s only if he was "home-grown".  We bought him from Marn Citeh, so we don''t get anything for him.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations.aspx

Above is the FA link to download their rules (light reading!!!!).

As far as I can see you need to read Section C - Rules relating to players, sub-section j.  This states that if a player is under 24 as at 30th June, the club is entitled to compensation.  Reading clauses vi and vii, the club needs to have offered a new contract and the player either declined or not responded in 28 days (i.e. deemed to have declined).  i.e. if a club releases a player under 24 without offerig a new contract then the player is free to join another club without any compensation due.  If the club has formally offered a new contract but it has been declined, then compensation is due.

I guess the issue is: has Croft been offered a new contract in a formal sense, or did they just ''talk'' and nothing in writing got submitted.  From the way he talks in the interview, it''s the latter, in which case no compensation due.  Also, the compensatino is supposidly based on the costs of bringing the young player through the youth setup from an early age, so my guess is that any compensation now would be lower as this could be deemed to have been covered already with the fee paid to Man City and not something that is applicable here.  I can''t see that the rules cover this, but it''s all a bit confusing to a layman anyway.....

Croft is 24 on the 23rd June (from Wiki), so he''s free to walk regardless of the contract offered or not situation.