Sign in to follow this  
ca

FAO a NCISA committee member

As a member I just wondered what you feel is the next step??

You''ve made your recent statement with these 3 key points

1) Recommended that we apply for our rebates

2) Told them that supporters are unhappy about the running of the club and very unhappy about fans’ opinions being ignored.

3) Told them we were unhappy with Gunn''s hurried appointment but they will nevertheless be encouraging all fans to unite behind the manager and players at the start of the new season.

The club have responded with their own statement which says they totally understands the anger and frustration of fans following relegation and that lots of changes will be made as well as a fresh approach.

So is it now a case of wait and see what changes are made, see what players we get in, see if anyone comes in to invest and wait and see how the first couple of months go or have NCISA got any other plans to make life uncomfortable for those people who run our club.

Also I hope your committee votes against wasting money to sponsor a member of the management team this season, that money along with the rebates you''ve told us to apply for will strengthen your message to them.

Thankyou CA.

So NCISA, where is the direction, where is the POA? The silence is deafening.

Thanks CA, I do believe I added some comments over the weekend, but I think the thread may have been removed.

At the moment several of us are away, so it''s difficult to get together to meet.

Of course NCISA will be taking further action, but as you can imagine we can''t just rush into that. We have compiled a report from the meeting next week and will be pressing for a meeting with the directors.

A committee meeting is to be held shortly, sadly as we have said many times, most of us work full time. We are also seeking to meet the Trust and other supporter groups to seek their views and thoughts on the present state of the club and the moves made by the board so far.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Thanks CA, I do believe I added some comments over the weekend, but I think the thread may have been removed. At the moment several of us are away, so it''s difficult to get together to meet. Of course NCISA will be taking further action, but as you can imagine we can''t just rush into that. We have compiled a report from the meeting next week and will be pressing for a meeting with the directors. A committee meeting is to be held shortly, sadly as we have said many times, most of us work full time. We are also seeking to meet the Trust and other supporter groups to seek their views and thoughts on the present state of the club and the moves made by the board so far.[/quote]

Mem to Gazza: unrelated but I did try and answer a couple of your further points on the other thread.  Bit about Foulger.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Thanks CA, I do believe I added some comments over the weekend, but I think the thread may have been removed. At the moment several of us are away, so it''s difficult to get together to meet. Of course NCISA will be taking further action, but as you can imagine we can''t just rush into that. We have compiled a report from the meeting next week and will be pressing for a meeting with the directors. A committee meeting is to be held shortly, sadly as we have said many times, most of us work full time. We are also seeking to meet the Trust and other supporter groups to seek their views and thoughts on the present state of the club and the moves made by the board so far.[/quote]

Thanks Gazza for the update, I''m glad you''re planning further action.

[quote user="cityangel"]

As a member I just wondered what you feel is the next step??

You''ve made your recent statement with these 3 key points

1) Recommended that we apply for our rebates

2) Told them that supporters are unhappy about the running of the club and very unhappy about fans’ opinions being ignored.

3) Told them we were unhappy with Gunn''s hurried appointment but they will nevertheless be encouraging all fans to unite behind the manager and players at the start of the new season.

The club have responded with their own statement which says they totally understands the anger and frustration of fans following relegation and that lots of changes will be made as well as a fresh approach.

So is it now a case of wait and see what changes are made, see what players we get in, see if anyone comes in to invest and wait and see how the first couple of months go or have NCISA got any other plans to make life uncomfortable for those people who run our club.

Also I hope your committee votes against wasting money to sponsor a member of the management team this season, that money along with the rebates you''ve told us to apply for will strengthen your message to them.

Thankyou CA.

[/quote]

(1) A stance that does nothing but hurt the club. Looks like a pure spite call.

FU Delia, how dare you put your money into the club.

(2) Did we really need a vote to tell the board the fans are unhappy.

Seriously........ we just got relegated while playing horrific football.

Maybe a vote on if everyone agrees the sky is blue.

If you were/are unhappy with the board (which I was/am BTW)

Then you should be enncouraged that two prominant members were sacked.

How about suggesting/finding replacements.

How about doing "something" to help the club.

Helping/raising funds.

(3) I think everyone agrees we should all get behind Gunn.

I think most people have some reservations about his appointment.

I think most are willing to give him some time to see if he can make things work.

Most are in the "wait and see" rather than Gunn out.

Its just two faced if on one hand you suggest boycotts of vendors and suggest members claim their rebate........ then wish Gunn well after hitting the club where it hurts.

IMHO the rebate call is nothing but bitterness at best......... and at worst is way to raise the NCISA profile by claiming all those who take the rebate "listened" to their "call to arms"

When in fact most who claim the rebate will do it because.......... they want the money.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Thanks CA, I do believe I added some comments over the weekend, but I think the thread may have been removed.

At the moment several of us are away, so it''s difficult to get together to meet.

Of course NCISA will be taking further action, but as you can imagine we can''t just rush into that. We have compiled a report from the meeting next week and will be pressing for a meeting with the directors.

A committee meeting is to be held shortly, sadly as we have said many times, most of us work full time. We are also seeking to meet the Trust and other supporter groups to seek their views and thoughts on the present state of the club and the moves made by the board so far.[/quote]

Its quotes like......

"Of course NCISA will be taking further action,"

That worry me.

How about.............

"NCISA will be looking into what it can do to HELP the club"

"Helping" is such a radical idea.

Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.[/quote]

At last.........somebody who gets it.

We all want Norwich to do well.

I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward.

We currently have very few people willing to invest in the club........ and we are trying to drive them away before we have new investors lined up.

Maybe, it would make the club a more viable investment if it were seen the fans are commited to the club.

I think most of us agree with some of the points NCISA raise, but how does moaning about that help us going forward.

Our short term goal is pretty simple........ a return to the Champs.

We should all be united in giving our support to those in charge and those on the pitch in getting us back there.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="AndyJR"]Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.[/quote]

At last.........somebody who gets it.

We all want Norwich to do well.

I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward.

We currently have very few people willing to invest in the club........ and we are trying to drive them away before we have new investors lined up.

Maybe, it would make the club a more viable investment if it were seen the fans are commited to the club.

I think most of us agree with some of the points NCISA raise, but how does moaning about that help us going forward.

Our short term goal is pretty simple........ a return to the Champs.

We should all be united in giving our support to those in charge and those on the pitch in getting us back there.[/quote]Quite right.

The NCISA has certainly not influenced the claiming of my rebate.....The continuing incompetence of the board has.....and it''s likely to continue.

I wonder if they had plans to remove the CE and Roger if we were relegated? I believe they thought that we would survive....and that it wouldn''t ever have to come to that.....Hence the panic, crisis management, bumbling press conference, chaos, haven''t a clue expressions.....etc. Who employed within a company run by them - would be confident of seeing light at the end of the tunnel? 

Will Mr Foulger be as successful in drumming up support from local business - as Keith Harris has been as successful in seeking ''investment'' (not a buyer)?

The fans'' certainly aren''t responsible in anyway for the situation the club finds itself in.....Why should I bail the board out?

Unfortunately, if folk employed by the club (in the less ''dynamic'' and ''ancillary'' roles) do lose their job due to lack of funds and finance...(and let''s face it, it''s all really down to the board''s business incompetence). I do hope those unfortunate club employee folk don''t point their fingers in my direction....But instead, shake their fists and air their discontent toward those who control the club.....

The board have not an ounce of sympathy from me.....and I refuse to be made a scapegoat if it all goes ''teats up''....

I have no feelings of guilt for reclaiming the rebate....and certainly no pleading or tugging of heart-strings from the club media or folk cosy with the board etc, is going to alter my decision - and I feel no need to apologise.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="AndyJR"]Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.

[/quote] At last.........somebody who gets it. We all want Norwich to do well. I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward. We currently have very few people willing to invest in the club........ and we are trying to drive them away before we have new investors lined up. Maybe, it would make the club a more viable investment if it were seen the fans are commited to the club. I think most of us agree with some of the points NCISA raise, but how does moaning about that help us going forward. Our short term goal is pretty simple........ a return to the Champs. We should all be united in giving our support to those in charge and those on the pitch in getting us back there.[/quote]

How much more do us fans need to do other than 20 + thousand fans renewing to watch 3rd tier football next season?  I think for any potential investor the mere fact we have 24,000 week in week out shows dedication to the team and cause.

I will only support the team, the sooner a new investor comes in and the board buggers off the better AFAIC

[quote]I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward.[/quote]USACanary, In order to get to the heart of "what''s good for the club" at the moment, I think you might need to separate the club and the people who run it.  Because although they have invested a lot of money into the club, a lot of people are questioning the way it has been run.  It''s not just an extreme edge any more, certainly not since relegation.  People who attended the NCISA meeting were not rent-a-mob, they were just concerned fans, many of quite a few decades.As for what fans can do to help ?  Unless the owners meet the fans halfway, not much.  I think they should offer to sell enough of their shares so that there is no longer a majority shareholder, to the fans (via the supporters trust or whoever), for whatever price the fans can raise between now and Xmas.  Whatever gets raised gets put straight into the transfer budget.  If they didn''t want to do this in one go, they could do it every 6 months leading up to a transfer window.  But this form of fan investment would need to be marketed in a similar way to the fans as the successful season ticket policy has been.Even if the owners came out and promised that all unclaimed "rebate" money would go straight into the transfer budget, that would be an attempt to build bridges in my opinion.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The NCISA has certainly not influenced the claiming of my rebate.....The continuing incompetence of the board has.....and it''s likely to continue.

I wonder if they had plans to remove the CE and Roger if we were relegated? I believe they thought that we would survive....and that it wouldn''t ever have to come to that.....Hence the panic, crisis management, bumbling press conference, chaos, haven''t a clue expressions.....etc. Who employed within a company run by them - would be confident of seeing light at the end of the tunnel? 

Will Mr Foulger be as successful in drumming up support from local business - as Keith Harris has been as successful in seeking ''investment'' (not a buyer)?

The fans'' certainly aren''t responsible in anyway for the situation the club finds itself in.....Why should I bail the board out?

Unfortunately, if folk employed by the club (in the less ''dynamic'' and ''ancillary'' roles) do lose their job due to lack of funds and finance...(and let''s face it, it''s all really down to the board''s business incompetence). I do hope those unfortunate club employee folk don''t point their fingers in my direction....But instead, shake their fists and air their discontent toward those who control the club.....

The board have not an ounce of sympathy from me.....and I refuse to be made a scapegoat if it all goes ''teats up''....

I have no feelings of guilt for reclaiming the rebate....and certainly no pleading or tugging of heart-strings from the club media or folk cosy with the board etc, is going to alter my decision - and I feel no need to apologise.

[/quote]

Well said. Mello. The board is wholly culpable and don''t deserve sympathy, understanding or support. They deserve a giant boot up their collective arse. I would like to think that Gunny can put together a squad that might challenge next season but I suspect it is more likely that we''ll be keeping one eye on the League Two trap door most of the season.    

Well said Mello, I haven''t been influenced by anyone either in wanting to claim my rebate , I''d rather waste it myself than have them waste it for me..

The board, whats left of them, do need a constant boot up the bum and I''m glad that Gazza has confirmed that further action will be taken by ncisa.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="AndyJR"]Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.

[/quote] At last.........somebody who gets it. We all want Norwich to do well. I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward. We currently have very few people willing to invest in the club........ and we are trying to drive them away before we have new investors lined up. Maybe, it would make the club a more viable investment if it were seen the fans are commited to the club. I think most of us agree with some of the points NCISA raise, but how does moaning about that help us going forward. Our short term goal is pretty simple........ a return to the Champs. We should all be united in giving our support to those in charge and those on the pitch in getting us back there.[/quote]

Quite right.

[/quote]

Quite wrong... that is exactly what the fans of NCFC have been doing for the last 4 years only for them in power at Carrow Road to take their money and make mugs out of them.

The NCISA statement was a joke which panders yet again to the kind of behaviour mentioned again.

NCISA take a vote on something, have an overall concensus and then pander to other fans who post on messageboards and can''t be bothered to rspond to debate about the club in the flesh.

Very weak behaviour that will ensure that this season is even worse than the one which we have just witnessed.

I will not be backing Gunn... it is a JOKE of an appointment... all the backing in the world by the fans, will not allow this failure of a manager to build a squad capable of promotion, with the spare change that the idiots in the NCFC boardroom give him to spend.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward.[/quote]USACanary, In order to get to the heart of "what''s good for the club" at the moment, I think you might need to separate the club and the people who run it.  Because although they have invested a lot of money into the club, a lot of people are questioning the way it has been run.  It''s not just an extreme edge any more, certainly not since relegation.  People who attended the NCISA meeting were not rent-a-mob, they were just concerned fans, many of quite a few decades.As for what fans can do to help ?  Unless the owners meet the fans halfway, not much.  I think they should offer to sell enough of their shares so that there is no longer a majority shareholder, to the fans (via the supporters trust or whoever), for whatever price the fans can raise between now and Xmas.  Whatever gets raised gets put straight into the transfer budget.  If they didn''t want to do this in one go, they could do it every 6 months leading up to a transfer window.  But this form of fan investment would need to be marketed in a similar way to the fans as the successful season ticket policy has been.Even if the owners came out and promised that all unclaimed "rebate" money would go straight into the transfer budget, that would be an attempt to build bridges in my opinion.[/quote]

The problem is people are happy to accept Delias/MWJ millions but dont want them to run the club..........

As much as I agree with everyone who says the board have been terrible, you cannot ignore the fact that two of the most prominant members of that board are now out.

I think the fans should have a cooling off period before making rash judgements such as the NCISA statement.

We are all pissed off at getting relegated.

But we need to be more cool and calculated.

Decisions made on emotion are often wrong.

I am in favor of seeing what quality is added to the board.

Maybe they will run the club in a more professional manor and do a better job of overseeing all areas of the club.

The ironic thing is that I am glad players like Croft are leaving.

I want virtually all highest paid players at the club to leave.

I actually hope we get a good chunk of change of Sammy.

I think having a young squad of players who care about the club will be refreshing and exciting.

Not only that, its our only hope in taking the club forward under the limited budget.

Hi Cam, I will try and get back to it, very short on time at mo, having to do overtime at work and other stuff means less time on here!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward.[/quote]Unless the owners meet the fans halfway, not much.  I think they should offer to sell enough of their shares so that there is no longer a majority shareholder, to the fans (via the supporters trust or whoever), for whatever price the fans can raise between now and Xmas.  Whatever gets raised gets put straight into the transfer budget.  If they didn''t want to do this in one go, they could do it every 6 months leading up to a transfer window.  But this form of fan investment would need to be marketed in a similar way to the fans as the successful season ticket policy has been.[/quote]Absolutely. The fact is that the board in their chaotic floundering since relegation and hiring of team Gunn, failed to listen to or even consult the fans. Many businesses would do the same, but a business that is failing so they can''t afford to show such arrogance. I had never belived the suggestion that the board are desperate to keep control at all costs, their train set etc etc, but not so sure now. They don''t seem to try very hard to get investment in from the ordinary fan in terms of new shares for a place on the board or guaranteed ring-fenced player budget. 

[quote]The problem is people are happy to accept Delias/MWJ millions but dont want them to run the club..........[/quote]I believe that you''ve mentioned in the past that you are a professional gambler ?  If a friend of yours was a professional gambler, but hit a bad streak, how long would you leave it before you took him to one side and told him to re-evaluate his game ?  That''s what seems to be happening here - good money after bad.[quote]I think the fans should have a cooling off period before making rash judgements such as the NCISA statement.[/quote]Agreed, to an extent the fans have got their heads on poles, but what has changed - as Camuldonum mentioned previously, we now go into a really important transfer window without a chief exec.[quote]I think having a young squad of players who care about the club will be refreshing and exciting.[/quote]Thoroughly agreed - provided the youth that comes in isn''t jaded by the whole "I''m a footballer now, I''ve arrived, right off down the pub" thing that some of the more talented youths we''ve had recently seem to have had.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]As for what fans can do to help ?  Unless the owners meet the fans halfway, not much.  I think they should offer to sell enough of their shares so that there is no longer a majority shareholder, to the fans (via the supporters trust or whoever), for whatever price the fans can raise between now and Xmas.  Whatever gets raised gets put straight into the transfer budget.  If they didn''t want to do this in one go, they could do it every 6 months leading up to a transfer window.  But this form of fan investment would need to be marketed in a similar way to the fans as the successful season ticket policy has been.[/quote]There are, unfortunately, some problems with this idea. Having a PLC without majority ownership is a recipe for corporate chaos. Not to be recommended. It would also, oddly, be likely to make more difficult the task of selling the club (which IS what the directors are trying to do, confusion caused by the legalistic use of the word "investment" notwithstanding).However, unless the situation has changed since the last set of accounts was published, there are about 33,000 ordinary shares which have been authorised but not issued. In other words they are available to be bought.If enough fans were found to pay £30 a share that would raise close to £1m for the coffers without destabilising the PLC by effecting a change in ownership. Indeed, the club could be asked to authorised more new shares if the demand was there, providing Smith and Jones''s stake did not fall below, say, 55 per cent.

[quote]Having a PLC without majority ownership is a recipe for corporate chaos. Not to be recommended. [/quote]Then Mr Watling was wrong when he said that the club should never be in the hands of only one person ?[quote]However, unless the situation has changed since the last set of

accounts was published, there are about 33,000 ordinary shares which

have been authorised but not issued. In other words they are available

to be bought.[/quote]So the club have managed to sell 18,000 season tickets for league 1 this season, but can''t shift 33,000 shares at 30 pounds each.  Why do you think that is ?  This brings me back to the idea of a top-up to the season ticket, 100 pounds buys say 4 shares, gives the owner of the shares a vote to get a(...nother) fan on the board, only one that doesn''t shop in Waitrose or M&S.  Marketing could be done at the point of season ticket renewal, so no extra costs there.  If 4,125 fans took the top-up offer up, then those shares would be sold in 2 seasons, giving the club an extra, ooh, 500k to put into the transfer budget, which is probably the wages of 2 decent cloggers at this level.I guess that while the shares mean nothing, they will stay unsold...

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="AndyJR"]Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.

Quite right.

[/quote]

Quite wrong... that is exactly what the fans of NCFC have been doing for the last 4 years only for them in power at Carrow Road to take their money and make mugs out of them.

The NCISA statement was a joke which panders yet again to the kind of behaviour mentioned again.

NCISA take a vote on something, have an overall concensus and then pander to other fans who post on messageboards and can''t be bothered to rspond to debate about the club in the flesh.

Very weak behaviour that will ensure that this season is even worse than the one which we have just witnessed.

I will not be backing Gunn... it is a JOKE of an appointment... all the backing in the world by the fans, will not allow this failure of a manager to build a squad capable of promotion, with the spare change that the idiots in the NCFC boardroom give him to spend.

[/quote]

I''m glad someone else has seen through this group, they talk a good game, but alas...........

One of the biggest reasons why we are in such a sorry state is down to Delia''s majority IMO.Watling said never again, Delia came out and publicly stated she would never be a majority shareholder, and then all we ended up with were broken promises.She needs to be forced into selling enough of her shares to take her stake down to 49%.Issuing new shares instead at £30 is a joke, they''re horribly overvalued and aren''t helping the club in any way.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="AndyJR"]Money is the only answer.  To be fair to NCISA, I think whilst they may disagree with the way the club is being run, the directors, the owners, the appointment of Bryan Gunn, the majority won''t sit booing the team and the manager come the new season.

How much more do us fans need to do other than 20 + thousand fans renewing to watch 3rd tier football next season?  I think for any potential investor the mere fact we have 24,000 week in week out shows dedication to the team and cause.

I will only support the team, the sooner a new investor comes in and the board buggers off the better AFAIC

[/quote]

Exactly, there aren''t many fans out there if any, that are as commited as we have been for the last 4 years, yet we still have the same failures on our board. So what do we do, nothing? Or try to push the board into a takeover? Doing nothing but showing up to games in our numbers has done little to help the club move forward so far, so the latter is the only option we have now to save this club from low league medicority or worse yet non-existence, because that''s the only direction I can see this club heading to right now.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]One of the biggest reasons why we are in such a sorry state is down to Delia''s majority IMO.
Watling said never again, Delia came out and publicly stated she would never be a majority shareholder, and then all we ended up with were broken promises.
She needs to be forced into selling enough of her shares to take her stake down to 49%.
Issuing new shares instead at £30 is a joke, they''re horribly overvalued and aren''t helping the club in any way.
[/quote]

Whilst the end result is unhealthy the means to that end have been in the clubs best interests. Smith&Jones have continually added to their shareholding by investing money into the club. Money that nobody else wanted to invest at the time. The shares Watling held were available for others to buy but nobody did. They have underwritten subsequent share issues that have brought in much needed revenue. And they have loaned the club money which has subsequently been transferred into shares. I would suggest this is much more in the clubs interest than theirs and turning those loans into shares is tantamount to writing that money off. Unfortunately all this adds up to the position the club are in now.

We don''t want them to sell their shares. They don''t even want to. If anyone has that sort of money then we need it to go into the club. I don''t think it''s difficult to work out what Smith&Jones want from investors, they want a repeat of what they did, but the chances of them finding anyone prepared to write off that sort of money are pretty slim.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We don''t want them to sell their shares. They don''t even want to. If anyone has that sort of money then we need it to go into the club. I don''t think it''s difficult to work out what Smith&Jones want from investors, they want a repeat of what they did, but the chances of them finding anyone prepared to write off that sort of money are pretty slim.

[/quote]Indeed. As to Geoffrey Watling''s view, I have deep respect for him as a force for good for the club (although his record as chairman was not without controversy -  players such as Ron Davies sold cheaply and some duff managerial choices, including Willie Reid). But the truth is that times have changed, and reverting to a position where there was no majority control would be going against the tide of history, apart from making it harder to sell the club. Any potential owner is going to want to be just that - the owner. And that means having a majority of the shares. Just as Marcus Evans does at Ipswich, with 87.5 per cent. Just as Peter Cullum said he wanted.As to the share price of £30, fans are welcome to think that is too high. I was merely pointing out, since a poster had raised the subject, that if people wanted to raise money for the club by buying shares then these 33,00 were available.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]One of the biggest reasons why we are in such a sorry state is down to Delia''s majority IMO.
Watling said never again, Delia came out and publicly stated she would never be a majority shareholder, and then all we ended up with were broken promises.
She needs to be forced into selling enough of her shares to take her stake down to 49%.
Issuing new shares instead at £30 is a joke, they''re horribly overvalued and aren''t helping the club in any way.
[/quote]

Whilst the end result is unhealthy the means to that end have been in the clubs best interests. Smith&Jones have continually added to their shareholding by investing money into the club. Money that nobody else wanted to invest at the time. The shares Watling held were available for others to buy but nobody did. They have underwritten subsequent share issues that have brought in much needed revenue. And they have loaned the club money which has subsequently been transferred into shares. I would suggest this is much more in the clubs interest than theirs and turning those loans into shares is tantamount to writing that money off. Unfortunately all this adds up to the position the club are in now.

[/quote]

..and there is where the problem lies, they want their money back (they say they dont, but sorry I dont believe that, as if this was not the case they would be gone by now) but nobody is going to pay them off, clear the debt and find funds to rebuild the side.  The only way this issue will be resolved is with some good old comprimise.  I am just not sure good old Delia knows what that means! 

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]
I just happen to believe that doing things that hurt the club is not the way forward.[/quote]

USACanary, In order to get to the heart of "what''s good for the club" at the moment, I think you might need to separate the club and the people who run it.  Because although they have invested a lot of money into the club, a lot of people are questioning the way it has been run.  It''s not just an extreme edge any more, certainly not since relegation.  People who attended the NCISA meeting were not rent-a-mob, they were just concerned fans, many of quite a few decades.

As for what fans can do to help ?  Unless the owners meet the fans halfway, not much.  I think they should offer to sell enough of their shares so that there is no longer a majority shareholder, to the fans (via the supporters trust or whoever), for whatever price the fans can raise between now and Xmas.  Whatever gets raised gets put straight into the transfer budget.  If they didn''t want to do this in one go, they could do it every 6 months leading up to a transfer window.  But this form of fan investment would need to be marketed in a similar way to the fans as the successful season ticket policy has been.

Even if the owners came out and promised that all unclaimed "rebate" money would go straight into the transfer budget, that would be an attempt to build bridges in my opinion.
[/quote] The problem is people are happy to accept Delias/MWJ millions but dont want them to run the club.......... As much as I agree with everyone who says the board have been terrible, you cannot ignore the fact that two of the most prominant members of that board are now out. I think the fans should have a cooling off period before making rash judgements such as the NCISA statement. We are all pissed off at getting relegated. But we need to be more cool and calculated. Decisions made on emotion are often wrong. I am in favor of seeing what quality is added to the board. Maybe they will run the club in a more professional manor and do a better job of overseeing all areas of the club. The ironic thing is that I am glad players like Croft are leaving. I want virtually all highest paid players at the club to leave. I actually hope we get a good chunk of change of Sammy. I think having a young squad of players who care about the club will be refreshing and exciting. Not only that, its our only hope in taking the club forward under the limited budget.[/quote]

I''m not as peed off as some at being relegated, prepared for it for a long time and knew deep down it would happen, just wasn''t sure when, but it''s been coming for years.  Underinvestment on the pitch and selling off assets left right and centre was bound to come and bite them on the tooshy sooner or later.

You reap what you sew is a fantastic saying, and I think it applies to the board in this case.  You simply can''t polish a turd, if it looks like s**t and smells like s**t it quite often is.