Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Just a thought about this January window....

..... each match City play I look at the opponents forums both before and after, just to get a broader view of things.

They all seem to be  looking forward to the January (footie) Sales ! 

They all appear to want a goal scoring forward and a creative midfielder.

With this in mind the demand for suitable candidates in a short period could result in  inflated prices and our £3/4m may not be enough to buy a £1m man. Hmmm.

Wot we reckon on that ?   

you could be right,but i am kinda hoping city were wise enough to maybe thrash out some kind of deal to take harewood in january as part of the deal for malky

:

i really like the idea of harewood lining up with huckerby again.

who knows eh.

i agree with you Hucks fizz.

to see huckerby partner up with harewood again would be great. i seem to remember them causing chaos together at forest. and who knows, maybe the board were wise enough to come up with a deal... there''s nothing wrong with hoping is there.

i think that for the time being mckenzie should carry on up front as i can see good things to come from the guy. if he can do the business between now and january we may be wondering whether its worth splashing out on another striker...

time will tell.

Didn''t Hucks and Harewood have a massive bust-up after the West Ham game at FCR last season?

Not sure they''re too fond of each other anymore...

Made a good partnership, tho

Easy fellers!!!

Lots of my mates are hammers fans (living in Essex as I do-though Jim will be pleased to hear I sepnt my childhood in sunny Gorleston)

NONE of them rate Harewood much. They all tell me he is NOT premiership class.  And they say the reason he will never cut it is his terrible attitude. He is prone to laziness and  tempremental too.

I really think he would rock the changing room atmosphere and spoil the party. If so I hope we steer clear....

I think the Vic has hit the nail on the head.  It is VITAL to get the opinion of a player from the fans of the club he currently plays for.  I know they can be biased as they probably wouldn''t want him to leave, but if those people who see Harewood week in week out don''t think he''d cut it in the Prem....  Doesn''t bode too well.

I remember a few months ago when I meet Templeton we were talking about Ashton.  He lives in Crewe and said that the locals didn''t think Ashton would cut it in the Prem either.  I''m sure they are a bit biased but if we are to stay up we need to spend our money wisely

And thankfully, that is where Nige and his team come in handy.

No offence to all of us suggesting names left, right and centre but to think that NW doesn''t have them all covered is a bit blinkered.

I''m sure he''s checked Marlon out, and if he thinks he''s "the one" then we will make an attempt to get him at the right price.

If he''s too expensive, then we won''t bother, and that''s a good thing. It''s a buyers market these days.