Sign in to follow this  
|BA

Club legends

Malky, Iwan, Huckerby, Dion......LOLWhen you look at the football ''big picture'' and look at our list of recent legends.... is it really unreasonable to accept we ARE a small clubTime to recalibrate......

Legend - "a person who''s fame makes him or her seem exceptional". 

Comparing to the current squad then, without a doubt, all 4 would be classified as legends! 

For me, true Norwich legends would include Kenny ''Croft ain''t fit to lace my boots'' Foggo; Graham ''Ronaldo can''t hit as hard as me'' Paddon and Duncan ''If it moves kick it'' Forbes.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would only class Huckerby as a legend out of those 4.[/quote]Is that because you can''t remember the others?Iwan and Huckerby are no doubt legends - I am yet to be convinced with the other two. I know they gave a lot to our team in terms of passion and commitment but you need more than that to be a legend otherwise bring back Hughes . . . . .Dion is a football legend full stop. Not really a Norwich one as such, just a giant of footballing stature - no one plays at that high a level for so long and does not become a legend. He became a legend here more through his ability to get a spark out of an otherwise ailing team.Huckerby is a legend because he verbally slapped his agent in public as he was so determined to come here - after that he scored the goals that helped get us into the prem and then gave most premiership defences a torrid time and officially dribbled the ball further than a certain Mr. Henry that season. Infact had Lauren been sent off in that game against Arsenal for being the last man back and blatently tugging on Huckerby I am convinced we would have got something out of that game and boy would we be somewhere different now . . . .Anyway back to buisiness - no it doesn''t say anything about the size of the club. It might say something about the calibre of player we have been able to attract in the past but then for a club which are labelled as a provincial club, I guess you cannot be surprised.The other factor is that we have had high calibre players play for us but just not at the time in their career when they were nationally recognised as good players. Because they played for us people seemed to overlook them for some reason. For instance a few die hard football fans outside of Norfolk would be able to tell you that Peters played for Norwich in the latter stages of his career. Others will say what a great player Fox was for Newcastle of Tottenham but not realise he played for Norwich. The thing is since being relegated in the ''90''s football legends at this club have been reletively thin on the ground.You have the likes of Malky, Fleming, Iwan and Holt of the play off final and promotion team regulars and ofcourse Huckerby for promotion and onwards. The thing is with Dion is that if we had not been so poor he would never have got a game. Right now it is hard to see where the next legend will come from - will it be a youngster? Will it be our next signing? At the end of the day a legend is a legend for a reason - if Lee signed and then scored the goals that got us back up to the Championship then at least for doing that he would be up for consideration.