Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Alan Lee set for move.....................

[quote user="Destort"]Has there ever been a more depressing start to a pre-season than this one?[/quote]

No there hasn''t, but why should we be shocked? [:)]

[quote user=DEB (never forgotten)"]

to one of 2 championship clubs!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestsport/Palace-receive-Lee-enquiries/article-1012959-detail/article.html

Is Lee the kind of player we want anyway? Sure he knows his way about but would involve a fee & big wages and all he would really be doing is winding down his career to retirement. A bit of a Cureton option really

Far better to get a experienced but relatively young and hungry player we could sell on if the need arose.

Have you learnt nothing from the loan farrago?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user=DEB (never forgotten)"]

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/latestsport/Palace-receive-Lee-enquiries/article-1012959-detail/article.html

Is Lee the kind of player we want anyway? Sure he knows his way about but would involve a fee & big wages and all he would really be doing is winding down his career to retirement. A bit of a Cureton option really

Far better to get a experienced but relatively young and hungry player we could sell on if the need arose.

[/quote]

Every team needs experienced heads and Lee''s game has never relied on pace or other age defining characteristics. Where are these ''young and hungry'' players coming from? Have you not learnt from Southampton?

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

[/quote]"Alan Lee has taken a step closer to leaving Crystal Palace after two unnamed Championship clubs enquired about his availability."

"Warnock told the Advertiser: “I’ve received two enquiries about Alan this week, but nothing firm as of yet.” 

Now where does that say that he is "set to move"? That is a complete fabrication. It merely states that two clubs have enquired to see if he''s available. No offers. No agreements.

You couldn''t make it up!

Or could you? [:S]

[quote user="Destort"]Has there ever been a more depressing start to a pre-season than this one?[/quote]

Blimey, May = pre-season ?! Give them a chance for Crissakes.

[quote user="DEB never forgotten"]

[/quote]Where does it say it is one of two CHAMPIONSHIP clubs in Warnock''s statement?  Surely this is just the paper assuming that both clubs are Championship, who''s to say we are not one of the two?

[quote user="iniesta"]He''s not even that good.
[/quote]

That could be said for many championship players - most of whom are beyond us in terms of transfer fees & wages. Look at what our club has become under Smith!

[quote user="iniesta"]He''s not even that good.
[/quote]

Good call. I have to admit I liked him but I have doubts about his stamina and hunger for a whole season. More important, I did feel we played alot better and looked more threatening with Mooney and Gow up front. To my mind, Lee would be a good impact sub but unfortunately we can''t afford that luxury in the 3rd.

I think they are probably equally as committed players we could sign for less money, already in League 1 or 2.

Read this & felt it''s only Warnock trying to encourage City into a quick deal.  Unless Lee himself say''s he''s talking to other clubs i put no credence in it at all

[quote user=""]I think they are probably equally as committed players we could sign for less money, already in League 1 or 2.[/quote]

Did you read this Distort??? in answer to question of where younger, hungrier players would come from to which you can add released from the Prem, Scotland, Ireland etc

[quote user="WACCOLO"]Hopefully we are in for him, wouldn''t mind him as back up to super Stevie Howard.[/quote]id have a fiver on him scoring less than 10 in the championship.

[quote user="Destort"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user=DEB (never forgotten)"]

[/quote]

Every team needs experienced heads and Lee''s game has never relied on pace or other age defining characteristics. Where are these ''young and hungry'' players coming from? Have you not learnt from Southampton?

[/quote]

Dartford?

IMHO it will be a disaster if we don''t sign Lee! He''s a natural leader, will bully League 1 defenses & score goals. Equally important is that he actually wants to be here... Who (realistically) would be a better signing to play up front? I can''t think of anyone!  

Yes and how much would the L1 top scorers cost?  600K like Lee or over a million?Some of you are still in cuckoo land.[quote user="Loan City Fc "]You would probably get more goals from an Andy Bishop or a Grant Holt .[/quote]

Vastly overated,.when he came up against physical centre backs against Reading he was blowing out of his arse after 20 minutes..let someone else have him. Anyway once a scummer always a scummer!!!

A binner colleague of mine says Lee is brilliant for the first two months of the season, then starts getting tired and claps out round about Xmas time.  We saw him play well as he hadn''t been playing at Palace so had lots of energy.  As he''d be 1st choice at Norwich, I''m not that fussed if he does join another club.

[quote user="WACCOLO"]Hopefully we are in for him, wouldn''t mind him as back up to super Stevie Howard.
[/quote]

I can''t think of a player that matches him more closely.

Alan Lee is utter crap, but maybe there would of been hope for him in Div 3 given Steve Howard''s record last season.

If you had them two playing upfront for you in the Championship then you could coun''t the number of goals on the hand of one man minus a couple of fingers.

I defo do not want Alan Lee.

Norwich always used to be a selling club,which like it or not always bought us in some good cash, the last few years we have stopped being a selling club mostly because we do not have anyone worth selling. Alan Lee is a perfect example of this, end of his career, his value is only ever going to go down, no investment in the future which is half the reason we are in the mess we are in.