Sign in to follow this  
McNamees attitude

Experienced Goalie Available On A Free

To be honest I know nothing about him but would he bring anything different to the team than Nelson?

we need someone better than lucas... I don''t rate him. andy marshall as back up to rudd would be a better option... IMO

[quote user="The Chirp"]and i''d rather take midfielder douglas who has also been released. [/quote]has he been released! I''d have him in a flash!

I do agree with the idea of having a decent experienced keeper but my choice would be Dean Kiely if West Brom release him!

Leeds'' weak point has been keeper for the last couple of seasons-and probably why they didn''t go up automatically this time around.Lucas might have been a good option a few years ago, but not now. He never displaced Ankergran at Leeds and if he couldn''t do that and they, a fellow League 1 club, have released him, then he''s not good enough for us IMHO.I note the deafening silence coming from the club -usual for this time of year-I do wonder if, following Gunn''s appoinment and the departures of Doncaster and Munby, if the politbureau who are left aren''t now hoping for a sleepy couple of months or so, before making a few desperate signings come late July. Back to the keeper situation, I am thinking Nelson will start the season with Rudd on the bench, and that its unlikely the club have a new keeper as one of the incoming priorities.Jonathan Douglas would be a good shout though, someone to play in front of the back four and give a little extra protection and presence. With Spillane and Doc as the first choice central defenders (Spillanes best position is right back, we wasted Kents at right back and I don''t want Spillane pushed out there for the same reasons) and someone like Douglas in front of them, thats a start, a modest one, but a start.

Let''s give our wunderkind (apologies to all you NCFC anoraks, but I can''t remember his name) a go, as we should have done with Joe Lewis. Buying another goalie is an unnecessary distraction and a waste of precious resources at the moment.

I assume you are referring to Declan Rudd but by all accounts, Jed Steer is a bit of all right as well. As were Cave-Brown, Henderson, Jarvis x 2, Coote etc

Mark Tyler for me..I really hope we don''t start the season with Nelson, I don''t rate him at all.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
Leeds'' weak point has been keeper for the last couple of seasons-and probably why they didn''t go up automatically this time around.

Lucas might have been a good option a few years ago, but not now. He never displaced Ankergran at Leeds and if he couldn''t do that and they, a fellow League 1 club, have released him, then he''s not good enough for us IMHO.

I note the deafening silence coming from the club -usual for this time of year-I do wonder if, following Gunn''s appoinment and the departures of Doncaster and Munby, if the politbureau who are left aren''t now hoping for a sleepy couple of months or so, before making a few desperate signings come late July.

Back to the keeper situation, I am thinking Nelson will start the season with Rudd on the bench, and that its unlikely the club have a new keeper as one of the incoming priorities.

Jonathan Douglas would be a good shout though, someone to play in front of the back four and give a little extra protection and presence. With Spillane and Doc as the first choice central defenders (Spillanes best position is right back, we wasted Kents at right back and I don''t want Spillane pushed out there for the same reasons) and someone like Douglas in front of them, thats a start, a modest one, but a start.
[/quote]

He may have changed his mind, of course, but after Marshall went Gunny told us that it meant "adding a keeper to the list". 

Andy Marshall is on a free! Think about it, understudy to Gunn, knows the club, can''t kick straight and played for Ipswich.2 out of 4 ain''t bad!!!!This is a joke by the way!

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Andy Marshall is on a free!

Think about it, understudy to Gunn, knows the club, can''t kick straight and played for Ipswich.

2 out of 4 ain''t bad!!!!

This is a joke by the way!
[/quote]

As others have mentioned if you are looking for a good, solid reliable keeper who knows the Division, Tyler at Peterborough might be your man.

I agree with the lads who said Mark Tyler from Peterborough. He would come in a flash, Norwich born and bred and is surplus to requirements. Plenty of experience at our level. Get him in!!

Rudd is quite good enough, amd cheaper than flapper Marshall. Give him a go. He also kicks the ball a lot further than the deserting rat.   

How can everyone have a go at Nelson when he hasn''t been given a go yet, i think him and Rudd should fight it out for top spot, they''re both hungry proper competition will do them good. Having another keeper on our wage bill is a unnesscery cost in my opinion.

Nelson looked dodgy when City played Dereham last pre season!

Wouldn''t want him as a No1! Or No2 TBH!

Get Tyler!!!!

Deffo NOT Marshall!!!!!

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]How can everyone have a go at Nelson when he hasn''t been given a go yet, i think him and Rudd should fight it out for top spot, they''re both hungry proper competition will do them good. Having another keeper on our wage bill is a unnesscery cost in my opinion.[/quote]Because I''ve seen him in pre-season, I also know an Orient player who doesn''t rate him at all and was surprised he moved up a league (at the time). But then again, lets give them all a chance like we did all those loan players who fucked us up, using foresight is better than bloody hindsight.